3 5.08%

15 25.42%
  • none of them

11 18.64%
First 1234513 Last

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    I think you're taking this thread too a little seriously
    I don't think I am. The subject is out there; we may as well talk about it however we see fit. All I'm trying to do is get us all to think about what "wimpiness" actually means.

I'll also say that I think some views here in this thread been expressed with sincerity and that, if so, they'd be concerning--if they affected my daily life. In other words, if they're serious, they're wrongheaded.

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

9, 4, and phobic 6 are the most likely candidates (and not necessarily in that order or anything.)

I am a phobic 6 who is mostly chilled and fairly self-assured (well, on the outside...racing thoughts/low-to-high-level anxiety inside), punctuated by wimpy moments and aggressive moments.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    I'm gonna chime in for the second and final time with the notion that strong-arming other people is weak and pathetic, too. It's not genuine inner-directed strength, at least; it's another strategy that involves not properly facing up to reality or oneself.

I regard bullheaded people as extremely wimpy and pathetic.

--

The stereotypical counterphobic 6 isn't 'strong' or 'brave'; he's just paranoid and gains security by outwardly questioning everything. That's not exactly true bravery, either.
    100% agree with the bolded. Eights and Ones are just as "weak and pathetic" as the other types even if they seem as though they're strong and reliable.
    We cast away priceless time in dreams, born of imagination, fed upon illusion, and put to death by reality. - Judy Garland

MBTI
    MBTI
    Enneagram
    0w0

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbringer View Post
    100% agree with the bolded. Eights and Ones are just as "weak and pathetic" as the other types even if they seem as though they're strong and reliable.
    yep, seeming and being are two different things.

in such regards, 9s are probably the most spineful for standing their peace no matter what.

i do nothing if someone hits me, but thats cause i dont see a point in doing anything, 9 does same to conserve peace, and if stron 1 wing, might even choose to remove the person from this realm as to prevent it from happening to others. (usually i choose so for the other persons life is anyways not worth a single attention, and probably the reason they attack me.. since proceeding into an action wouldnt change anything, the damage is done.)

EDIT:
    and im far too intuitive to even notice the attack until its done.. (ughf, expecting others to have morals when they really dont <.<)
    just makes me double blind, or triple as a 4w3 i couldnt care less of people who intentionally fail their lives by alcohol or egoisticness.

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

When i think of wimpy i think of physically weak. Excessive cerebralism can give way to physical neglect. With these considerations, and the fact that no one has yet picked on e5 .. I think I will have to vote 5's as being the wimpiest type, generally speaking.
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

Quote Originally Posted by Vilku View Post
    i do nothing if someone hits me, but thats cause i dont see a point in doing anything, 9 does same to conserve peace, and if stron 1 wing, might even choose to remove the person from this realm as to prevent it from happening to others. (usually i choose so for the other persons life is anyways not worth a single attention, and probably the reason they attack me.. since proceeding into an action wouldnt change anything, the damage is done.)
    Gotta do something at least. Just put your hands up and defend yourself. The "damage is done", but the damage can always get worse.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

clearly we disagree on the definitions of both weak and pathetic
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    clearly we disagree on the definitions of both weak and pathetic
    Your personal definitions of certain things are just heavily biased.
    We cast away priceless time in dreams, born of imagination, fed upon illusion, and put to death by reality. - Judy Garland

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Vilku View Post
    yep, seeming and being are two different things.
    in such regards, 9s are probably the most spineful for standing their peace no matter what.
    ...no. sometimes you need to make peace. I'm not suggesting you turn into some aggressive macho thug or anything but 24/7 peace 52 weeks out of the year is impossible. you have to address issues and conflict in order for them to be resolved, and sometimes it's messy.

you don't see the point in
    - defending yourself?
    - making it clear that there are punishments for attacking you so as to prevent future attacks?
    - teaching the other person a lesson so he doesn't do the same to others? (seriously, this does teach most of them a lesson. proverbs says to ride a fool with a rod on his back)
    - lessening the chance of getting seriously injured
    apathy and self forgetting =/= strength. you are not a background flower, you are a person with rights (among them defending yourself) and importance in this world. inaction is not going to make the world a better place, either for yourself or for others
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Your personal definitions of certain things are just heavily biased.
    from Merriam Webster:
    wimp: a weak, cowardly, or ineffectual person
    I don't see how a typical 8 or 1 would fit this definition at all. if I were biased, I wouldn't have pegged my own type as wimpy (though I'm curious as to how you believe they would)
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!