User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp

Default ENFP enneagrams: 7w6 ~ 6w7 ~ 4w3

I apologize if there's another thread for this that I missed!

I'm an ENFP and unsure of my enneagram. I was quite certain I was a 7w6, but I've begun to second-guess it, based mostly on my energy being "darker" than how a 7 is described. Yet I identify with the core issues of 7 (fleeing from boredom/emptiness and worrying about missing out on something better) and I also identify with the 6s fixations on fear/doubt/suspicion/loyalty.

I suppose I'm not really considering 4w3 as an option, but I am still curious what you all have to say on this particular flavoring of ENFP.

Any opinions or observations on these types and how they relate to the characteristics of the ENFP? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by disco View Post

I'm an ENFP and unsure of my enneagram. I was quite certain I was a 7w6, but I've begun to second-guess it, based mostly on my energy being "darker" than how a 7 is described. Yet I identify with the core issues of 7 (fleeing from boredom/emptiness and worrying about missing out on something better) and I also identify with the 6s fixations on fear/doubt/suspicion/loyalty.

I suppose I'm not really considering 4w3 as an option, but I am still curious what you all have to say on this particular flavoring of ENFP.

Any opinions or observations on these types and how they relate to the characteristics of the ENFP? Thanks
    Hello disco. I know you are seeking enneagram input from other ENFPs... Still, I'm almost wondering if you would receive more helpful responses if you asked a mod to move this thread to the enneagram section of the forum. There are quite a few 'enneagram knowledgeable' members that frequent that section...that may not routinely show-up here.

Anyway...for what it's worth...I thought I was 6w7 when I first learned about the enneagram (in spite of the fact I always tested as a 7?). But like you I didn't wholly identify with many of the 'whoooo high-energy all the time' 7 descriptions you often encounter on the web. At the same time, however, a part of me always felt like I was trying to squeeze myself into the 6w7 description. Like there was something that felt like I was putting on 'too tight of clothes' (<--- and that isn't meant to offend any of the lovely 6w7s on this site. I only wish I was a bit more practical...and a little less delusional about how *absolutely FABULOUS everything is supposed to be* as the 6w7.) Have you considered variant? Is it possible you are an ENFP 7w6 sx?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i'm a 7w6 sx too and don't feel high energy all the time at all...my energy comes from ideas and sometimes big groups of people that i have a lot of fun with but one on one or a small group i feel the same energy wise as my infp type 4 bf. but i get very effusive and excited by new ideas or projects and can almost feel a bit manic...my mental energy meter goes way high and it's a big ping pong match between 7 and 6 going on and on about possibilities and things to either worry about or be excited about...it's tiresome for anyone that becomes involved in the process i'm sure.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp

Starry, that is a good point. I am fairly certain I am SX. I really essentially feel the same way about 6w7: That I am trying to force it because I feel that I can't be a 7 because I'm not a very "up" person. I will also ask a mod to move the thread. Thanks

Lady X, what you describe is like you are describing me

Thanks for the helpful replies, guys!
    ♕ ENFP ♡ 7w6 sx/sp ♕

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

I'm 7w6 and have very high energy most of the time. But when I'm under stress I'm a lot less energetic, turning to my dark side, being negative and tired. So, 7w6 is what I would like to be all the time, but because of "stuff in life" I tend to go to the "dark side" at times (like everybody else, I guess).

i love your cupcake!

I am 4w5 sp/sx. but tritype seems to capture things better-4-1-7. I think the 7 does give rise to notions of fleeing for the next thing, but do to the heavy 4-1 influence, I typically can ignore it and remain bound to follow though on promises I made and obligations I must keep. Often after a bit, the notion of greener grass dissipates. This is especially true, once I understood it was just Ne generating possibilities. I.e., by simply being able to label the feeling with a name and understanding where the feeling is trying to take me, it empoweres me to decide at a mete level if I really want to act upon it or not.

Since 7 often captures entps as well, perhaps the darkness is, in some sense, Fi trying to counter Ne and keep in in check? I dunno.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

What do you mean by darker, exactly?

I think for me 6 brings darkness within the scape of emotional volatility. Personally, I associate with these terms, from thechangeworks.com: personal warmth; self-effacing, gracious, curious; self-contradicting, test others, impossible to please, accusative, caught up in big plans, insecure; subject to mood swings, inferiority complexes, runaway fears; hair-trigger flare-ups of paranoia. That sums up my biggest weaknesses fairly well. They lie on a foundation of fear and distrust, which creates unsteadiness, and makes it extraordinarily hard to make decisions or rely on anything, even though 7 adds positivity and looking forward to the future.

I wouldn't call myself high-energy, but I do have good endurance. I am good at physical labor and can sustain a 12-hour workday if I see that it is needed. My energy depends much more on the mental atmosphere around me than on physical elements - I can keep going much longer in a positive environment than in a negative one, where I can become angry and resentful very quickly.

I thought I was a 7 for a while, and a 3, and a 4, and those all felt forced. 6 seems just right for me... almost embarrassingly so.

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

I am stuck between these E-types for core, except 5w6 and 5w4 are options…and 4w3 is not an option.
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    i'm a 7w6 sx too and don't feel high energy all the time at all...my energy comes from ideas and sometimes big groups of people that i have a lot of fun with but one on one or a small group i feel the same energy wise as my infp type 4 bf. but i get very effusive and excited by new ideas or projects and can almost feel a bit manic...my mental energy meter goes way high and it's a big ping pong match between 7 and 6 going on and on about possibilities and things to either worry about or be excited about...it's tiresome for anyone that becomes involved in the process i'm sure.
    This sounds exactly like me. This is also why I question I/E. I need some time alone. I question F/T since I seem pretty balanced. Most tests put me as barely an F, but I can still be analytical.
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

it's a common misconception that all 7s are light, fluffy little bunnies of joy
    Sexual 7s are often dark and intense sometimes appearing 4-ish (especially Sx/Sp). the internal frustration and sense of longing characteristic of type 7 are most obvious in Sexual 7s. to give you an idea, it often looks something like this:

Self Preservation 7s are ambitious, shrewd deal makers and can look 3-ish or 8-ish due to their competitive, sometimes ruthless nature "God as my witness, I will never go hungry again!"

on the other hand
    Social 7s: these are the bouncy, ultra enthusiastic 7s you hear so much about in descriptions. Social 7s are restless and like travel around, knowing what's going on and spending as much quality time as possible with their friends (whom they are fiercely loyal to, often exhibiting a kind of counter-gluttony that occasionally lends itself to self sacrifice)
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire