User Tag List

View Poll Results: What Enneagram Type Is Carl Jung?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1

    0 0%
  • 2

    0 0%
  • 3

    0 0%
  • 4

    2 10.53%
  • 5

    12 63.16%
  • 6

    0 0%
  • 7

    0 0%
  • 8

    0 0%
  • 9

    5 26.32%
First 45678 Last

Results 51 to 60 of 90

  1. #51
    Senior Member INTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Posts
    7,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    That complaint is always the last refuge of someone who has run out of arguments. Go tell the MBTI people they are stereotyping. The purpose of these descriptions is to further the task of determining type.
    Im not running out of arguments, i gave multiple arguments besides saying that, which you couodnt reply anything. To me it looks like you are the one running out of arguments
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

    Read

  2. #52
    Senior Member INTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Posts
    7,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    Fair enough.

    Also, let's not throw around the whole "You chose to ignore" since I could equally say the same thing with regards to the secondary source of information. Unless you held the same opinion that OrangeAppled had. That someone saying Jung considered himself as introverted intuition is not valid at all, or that he misunderstood himself/changed himself over time (fluid personality). Otherwise, I'm going to leave you to deal with this contradictory piece of information. It's a thorn that you'll have to deal with. Otherwise it's basically being selective with evidence.

    I know that you had mentioned it. This is based off his interview right? Where he goes on about how he's dedicated a large amount of time in attempt to understand himself. You're interpreting his answers as 'carefully selected' because of these statements right?

    So he wanted to avoid people putting him in one box. Yet at the same time, provides a vague answer that even people who are barely educated on the system will probably read the statement and think... Weak F, Weak S, Strong T, Strong N. It's the most literal and basic reaction. To me, those aren't descriptions of his functions. They're general descriptions of his personality.

    He seemed to struggle in defining his own type. People have suggested in the past that Jung used to associate I with NT, and E with SF. I don't know whether by the end of it he saw F-T as a major distinction from I-E, but it's possible based on that idea that his idea of thinking is more associated with introversion than it is thinking.

    At the end of all this... I now remember how so much of this stuff can be interpreted... You can find evidence for everything to match a certain perspective. =.= Think this is it for me. I'm calling it a day... Just going to focus on my own essay now, which is how useful Analytical Psychology to Psychology. I'm undecided on the issue. Ethanescence provided some good reasoning as well.
    Orange appled said what i thought about it(and what others have said elsewhere), so i didnt feel the need to repeat. Why not throw the "you chose to ignore" thing?

    I never had the idea of jung associating I with NT or those other things, that sounds pretty stupid.

    Rest is just brain aking irrelevant stuff that doesent have any relevance to anything important.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

    Read

  3. #53
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    Im not running out of arguments, i gave multiple arguments besides saying that, which you couodnt reply anything. To me it looks like you are the one running out of arguments
    You are simply repeating them. Why shouldn't I say that Jung engaged in stereotyping? What are personality types then?

    If you want me to consider your arguments over and over again, then why engage in ad hom about the MBTI?
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  4. #54
    Freaking Ratchet Rail Tracer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,041

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    Freud was really judgmental and stubborn person, really much thinking about his image, wanted to be in control of everything and things had to be done just as he said and thought. Doesent sound much like 5 to me..

    Jung didnt study with freud from the early on, jung had already started his career and wrote book before he met freud. Jung got interested about freuds dream analysis and started exchanging letters with him. Eventually jung ended up being the chairman of psychoanalytical(freudian) association, but got kicked out because jung disagreed with freud on libido being purely sexual and saw it more as general mental energy..
    And? Many 5's are known to study a particular idea/subject to extensive amounts of time - even to the point of being stubborn and judgmental about their space being invaded upon. 5's can be very striking on the way they deal with things and it is not uncommon for them to deal with strange/unpopular subjects.

    That bolded part is what you are not getting. There is a reason why I gave you an analogy. It is up to you to connect the dots. Oh wait, I just pulled a Jung.

  5. #55
    Senior Member INTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Posts
    7,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    You are simply repeating them. Why shouldn't I say that Jung engaged in stereotyping? What are personality types then?

    If you want me to consider your arguments over and over again, then why engage in ad hom about the MBTI?
    If you would understand what im saying, reply properly and comprehend the relevance of it, i wouldnt need to be telling it over and over again from slightly different angles.

    Lol the why "wouldnt i" argument. I bet you believe in god only because the existance cant be disproven
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

    Read

  6. #56
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    If you would understand what im saying, reply properly and comprehend the relevance of it, i wouldnt need to be telling it over and over again from slightly different angles.

    Lol the why "wouldnt i" argument. I bet you believe in god only because the existance cant be disproven
    More ad hominem.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  7. #57
    Senior Member INTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Posts
    7,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rail Tracer View Post
    And? Many 5's are known to study a particular idea/subject to extensive amounts of time - even to the point of being stubborn and judgmental about their space being invaded upon. 5's can be very striking on the way they deal with things and it is not uncommon for them to deal with strange/unpopular subjects.

    That bolded part is what you are not getting. There is a reason why I gave you an analogy. It is up to you to connect the dots.
    Your connections doesent make sense because there is no real connection, just some vague idea in your head that you are unable to express(i wonder why..).

    Both of these describe freuds personality way better than 5:

    "Type Eight in Brief Eights are self-confident, strong, and assertive. Protective, resourceful, straight-talking, and decisive, but can also be ego-centric and domineering. Eights feel they must control their environment, especially people, sometimes becoming confrontational and intimidating. Eights typically have problems with their tempers and with allowing themselves to be vulnerable. At their Best: self- mastering, they use their strength to improve others' lives, becoming heroic, magnanimous, and inspiring"

    "Threes are self-assured, attractive, and charming. Ambitious, competent, and energetic, they can also be status-conscious and highly driven for advancement. They are diplomatic and poised, but can also be overly concerned with their image and what others think of them. They typically have problems with workaholism and competitiveness. At their Best: self-accepting, authentic, everything they seem to be —role models who inspire others."
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

    Read

  8. #58
    Senior Member INTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Posts
    7,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    More ad hominem.
    Only cry cuz cant argue against and ego cant accept failure
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

    Read

  9. #59
    Senior Member Snow Turtle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,335

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    Orange appled said what i thought about it(and what others have said elsewhere), so i didnt feel the need to repeat. Why not throw the "you chose to ignore" thing?
    Then likewise? Why do you assume that I chose to ignore that piece of information. I didn't, I just incorporated into my understanding of things which you disagree with. You believe that his statement in the television interview that can be taken in the literal most basic sense of understanding. I however see things differently.

    I never had the idea of jung associating I with NT or those other things, that sounds pretty stupid.
    I'd suggest actually looking into things rather than you know, writing stuff off as stupid. Otherwise you'll just come across as selective with data.

    Anyhow, this is originally where I came across this person. Again, it's secondary information but it's claiming what Jung did.

    Quote Originally Posted by Reckful
    Jung was an ISTP in a dom tert loop.

    As I noted in my earlier post, Jung spent most of Psychological Types discussing introversion and extraversion, and his concept of introversion had a lot of N mixed in (with a corresponding dose of S in his extraversion concept).

    It's not hard to understand how an IN would make that mistake. (And it's worth noting that, in the introduction to Psychological Types, Jung explained that he'd just recently realized that T/F was a separate dimension, having formerly written as if T was part of introversion and F was part of extraversion.) But it's hard to imagine an IS thinking N was part of introversion (and S part of extraversion).
    - http://intjforum.com/showthread.php?t=72268

    Rest is just brain aking irrelevant stuff that doesent have any relevance to anything important.
    Haha. Yes, whatever you say. Not sure why you seem to be constantly wanting to turn things personal into an argument (even with mal) about who is wrong or right. I'm just presenting data and my own opinion, I already said a long time ago we'll just have to disagree with each other's interpretation.

  10. #60
    Freaking Ratchet Rail Tracer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,041

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    Your connections doesent make sense because there is no real connection, just some vague idea in your head that you are unable to express(i wonder why..).
    I wonder.

    Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    Both of these describe freuds personality way better than 5:

    "Type Eight in Brief Eights are self-confident, strong, and assertive. Protective, resourceful, straight-talking, and decisive, but can also be ego-centric and domineering. Eights feel they must control their environment, especially people, sometimes becoming confrontational and intimidating. Eights typically have problems with their tempers and with allowing themselves to be vulnerable. At their Best: self- mastering, they use their strength to improve others' lives, becoming heroic, magnanimous, and inspiring"

    "Threes are self-assured, attractive, and charming. Ambitious, competent, and energetic, they can also be status-conscious and highly driven for advancement. They are diplomatic and poised, but can also be overly concerned with their image and what others think of them. They typically have problems with workaholism and competitiveness. At their Best: self-accepting, authentic, everything they seem to be —role models who inspire others."
    What do you think is the integration side of type 5?

Similar Threads

  1. What MBTI type was Carl Jung
    By five in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 455
    Last Post: 04-13-2017, 12:51 AM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-19-2014, 02:17 PM
  3. What enneagram type is Mondo
    By Mondo in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-16-2010, 01:43 PM
  4. Now that I'm confident in what my type is..
    By Fluffywolf in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-03-2009, 03:09 AM
  5. Pretend i dont know what my type is
    By welshlass in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-28-2008, 10:20 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO