User Tag List

View Poll Results: What Enneagram Type Is Carl Jung?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1

    0 0%
  • 2

    0 0%
  • 3

    0 0%
  • 4

    2 10.53%
  • 5

    12 63.16%
  • 6

    0 0%
  • 7

    0 0%
  • 8

    0 0%
  • 9

    5 26.32%
First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 90

  1. #21
    Senior Member Snow Turtle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,335

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    Yes, the Ni Ti types already mentioned. Did you read my response to it?
    Apologies my bad. I didn't really register them as both dominants but Ti serving Ni and underdeveloped Fe.

    INFJ with a strong Ti tertiary - that's worth considering, and I'm sure it already has been mentioned somewhere.
    You've not seen Athenian200 before on this forums?

    Even a few years ago. I would have self-identified myself as Si>>Ti>Fe>Fi>>Ni>>>Ne=Se

    Now it's more like Si>>Ti=Fe>Fi>>Ni>>>Ne=Se

    Like I said... The idea of an overdeveloped Ti isn't really that weird for FJ types. A theory that plays with this idea is tertiary temptation.

  2. #22
    Freaking Ratchet Rail Tracer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,041

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    5 pretty much equals INTP, jung was an INTP, so not hard to figure out his enneagram
    Pretty much =/= is.

    Freud is more like a 5, Jung was more like a 9. Saying Jung is a 5 is like saying he is like Freud, and we can understand why he broke off from Freud, as Freud is the only one who would go so far as Oedipus complex.

  3. #23
    Senior Member Snow Turtle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,335

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    His intuition was clearly extraverted. Its obvious when you study his work and look at where/how he came up with majority of his ideas.

    What makes you think he used Ni instead of Ne?
    Guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.
    Unfortunately I'm not prepared to dedicate a large amount of effort into finding sources. Not to mention this is the sort of argument that won't really budge anyhow.
    Also I don't really want to get into the argument about Ne vs Ni.

    I'll just continue to read stuff until I'm ready to change my mind. However there's one or two literature that mention that he displayed introverted intuition (and that he himself identified with Ni). I wish I could find specifically what they were talking about, rather than just citing it as evidence that Jung himself identified with his description of Ni than Ne. It's supposedly in a book that he wrote in 1959.

  4. #24
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,993

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    Apologies my bad. I didn't really register them as both dominants but Ti serving Ni and underdeveloped Fe.
    You've not seen Athenian200 before on this forums?

    Even a few years ago. I would have self-identified myself as Si>>Ti>Fe>Fi>>Ni>>>Ne=Se

    Now it's more like Si>>Ti=Fe>Fi>>Ni>>>Ne=Se

    Like I said... The idea of an overdeveloped Ti isn't really that weird for FJ types. A theory that plays with this idea is tertiary temptation.
    I knew about the INFJ and Ti long before I knew about tertiaries, simply from observation. Tertiary temptation however is new to me.

    I have a thread around here from last August on the dual ("doppelganger") types theory, although all I do is match MBTI types with their corresponding tertiary types, such as INTP -> ISTJ. If you click on the link in my sig, the one about the "over-generalizing, socially retarded fool," it will take you to that thread. You will find where I mentioned INFJ - INTP in that list in the OP.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  5. #25
    Senior Member INTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Posts
    7,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rail Tracer View Post
    Pretty much =/= is.

    Freud is more like a 5, Jung was more like a 9. Saying Jung is a 5 is like saying he is like Freud, and we can understand why he broke off from Freud, as Freud is the only one who would go so far as Oedipus complex.
    Freud 5? Wtf
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

    Read

  6. #26
    Freaking Ratchet Rail Tracer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,041

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    Freud 5? Wtf
    Yes.

    Who do you take the person who Jung studied with early on as? Jung did a bit of study with Freud but broke off in a different direction while Freud continued onto his.... studies.

    That said, Freud thought Jung would continue with his work. Obviously, he continued on but not-in-a-so "Freudian way."

    It is like the difference between studying Psychology and Humanism. Both are blanket terms and both can overlap one another. However, Humanism is an even bigger blanket term. Freud was more Psychology while Jung was more Humanist.

  7. #27
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,993

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    5 pretty much equals INTP, jung was an INTP, so not hard to figure out his enneagram



    Vouch.

    @mal12345 There was no split personality, but a second personality that was working in the field of the unconscious. Also you must remember that jungs typology was with dom function, so in jungs model being in aux function mode would constitude as second personality. However i dont think this was about aux, but about tert/inferior
    I'll rephrase my question. How does the inferior function play a role in this?
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  8. #28
    Senior Member INTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Posts
    7,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    Guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.
    Unfortunately I'm not prepared to dedicate a large amount of effort into finding sources. Not to mention this is the sort of argument that won't really budge anyhow.
    Also I don't really want to get into the argument about Ne vs Ni.

    I'll just continue to read stuff until I'm ready to change my mind. However there's one or two literature that mention that he displayed introverted intuition (and that he himself identified with Ni). I wish I could find specifically what they were talking about, rather than just citing it as evidence that Jung himself identified with his description of Ni than Ne. It's supposedly in a book that he wrote in 1959.
    Funny because quite many people have attempted to find some proofs of him being Ni dom over several forums, but all failed, now you claim to have the proofs in some book that you dont quote. I couod bet that this has something to do with a newbie reading the book and thinking that subjective equals introverted or something like jung conforting alot of figures of collective unconscious and him saying elsewhere that Ni perceives archetypes..

    Why wont you give even one reason why you think he is Ni dom?
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

    Read

  9. #29
    Senior Member INTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Posts
    7,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    I'll rephrase my question. How does the inferior function play a role in this?
    Why?
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

    Read

  10. #30
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,993

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    Why?
    Because you wrote, "However i dont think this was about aux, but about tert/inferior."
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Similar Threads

  1. What MBTI type was Carl Jung
    By five in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 455
    Last Post: 04-13-2017, 12:51 AM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-19-2014, 02:17 PM
  3. What enneagram type is Mondo
    By Mondo in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-16-2010, 01:43 PM
  4. Now that I'm confident in what my type is..
    By Fluffywolf in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-03-2009, 03:09 AM
  5. Pretend i dont know what my type is
    By welshlass in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-28-2008, 10:20 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO