User Tag List

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    3w4 so/sx

Default can u know if ur sx if u've never been in a relationship?

I know that's not the only criteria, that there's also how u seek out intense experiences and need to keep that energy going etc. etc. BUT it seems to me that it's important indicator of where u get ur approval from, how u make decisions, by consulting your SO...so...thoughts?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj

I've been thinking the same thing myself, like how could you determine that, right? For me, since I haven't been in a relationship myself, I just used my interpersonal relationships with my close friends and my romantic/passionate desires as guidelines. That's how I was able to determine that I was indeed Sx-dominant.
    MBTI: INFP
    Enneagram: 6w7, phobic
    Tritype: 6-9-2
    Instinctual Variant: Sx/Sp
    Temperament: Pure Supine
    D&D Alignment: Neutral Good
    Political Stance: Solid Liberal
    Religious Views: Atheist

Fi > Ne > Ti > Fe > Se > Si > Te > Ni

"Forgiveness means letting go of the past." ~ Gerald Jampolsky
    "I am justice!" ~ Light Yagami, Death Note
    "The choices people make tell you a lot about a person, but the reasons [...] tell you even more." ~ Albus Dumbledore (paraphrased)

Tatiana ♥

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7

The sx instinct is about having a strong desire to establish and keep up relationships, so yes, you can tell if your a sx if you haven't been in an intimate relationship.
    We cast away priceless time in dreams, born of imagination, fed upon illusion, and put to death by reality. - Judy Garland

Yes, just like anti-social people can be social types - it's all about identifying what your awareness & attention is drawn to.

Social types tend to see themselves and others in terms of belonging to a group of people - a "herding" instinct. It's all about finding a group of people that you belong to.
    Sexual types tend to see themselves and others in terms of the 1-to-1 relationships they foster - it's all about partnerships, romantic couples, intimacy, closeness etc.
    Self-pres types tend to see themselves and others in terms of their living conditions & well-being - it's all about environment, family, comfort, familiarity etc.
    Hello

MBTI
    IxFP

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbringer View Post
    The sx instinct is about having a strong desire to establish and keep up relationships.
    100% So instinct

Sx= Attraction/Repulsion. Not intimacy/relationships per se.
    Last edited by Richardsen; 03-08-2012 at 11:54 AM.

6w5(sw5w4) Sx/Sp
    INTP

"Some people never go crazy... What truly horrible lives they must lead"- Charles Bukowski

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI

I test sx/sp but I've only ever had one romantic relationship and never an intimate one. But at the same time, I've had a lot of shit that makes me sp super-potent.

It might be to the extent that sp overpowers my sx. But the test said sx/sp, and then test would know better than I would, since I don't know near as much about this stuff as I should...
    "Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away." -Ekaku Hakuin
    http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...psdunkqmep.png
    5w4 . IEI . Chaotic Good
    Right-Libertarian Minarchist

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I think the dominant variant is also the one you're most neurotic about and some SX dominants could avoid relationships because they are terrified of rejection or disapproval.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    I think the dominant variant is also the one you're most neurotic about and some SX dominants could avoid relationships because they are terrified of rejection or disapproval.
    Thanks for stating this. I believe I'm one of those terrified Sx-doms. Too many descriptions of the Sx focus on the opposite side.
    5w4
    Reserved RCUEI

garbage

Are you passionate about one or a few things and/or a polarizing person? If so, you may be a sx.

/jeff foxworthy-like southern drawl

sx is easy. However, I would have no idea how to separate out the soc instinct from social context, social approval, or otherwise looking for security through finding one's place in the social realm.