User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Hazashin View Post
    Well, I still think 5 applies more to INTx's than INxPs.
    I agree type 5 is a more natural fit for Thinking over Feeling on the whole... and hence more likely for INTx's as a group than INxPs.

As far as being an e5 INFP personally, I went so far as to attend an enneagram workshop and sit at different "type tables" (specifically 5, 4 and 9) to try to make sure I wasn't fooling myself. I definitely found the type 5s to be the best fit, even if I don't see that an entirely positive thing. Still, identifying as an e5 did make some of the aspects of how I'm "weird" for an INFP make more sense to me and was good food for thought.

As far as self-reporting on typology forums, seems like INFPs self report as 4, 9, 5 and 1 (in decreasing order of frequency). According to other sources, 6 and/or 2 should be more common for INFPs than 5. So maybe a lot of us are deluding ourselves (and after seeing the reported scores on the "social desirability scale", seems like there's plenty of universal self-delusion to go around).

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by Seymour View Post
    As far as self-reporting on typology forums, seems like INFPs self report as 4, 9, 5 and 1 (in decreasing order of frequency). According to other sources, 6 and/or 2 should be more common for INFPs than 5. So maybe a lot of us are deluding ourselves (and after seeing the reported scores on the "social desirability scale", seems like there's plenty of universal self-delusion to go around).
    Oh yeah, definitely. I think a good bit of the ones that are self-proclaimed 4s are actually 6s (I originally thought I was a 4 myself). I think a lot has to do with the fact that E-6's usually have a hard time seeing themselves as a 6 until it is pointed out to them.
    MBTI: INFP
    Enneagram: 6w7, phobic
    Tritype: 6-9-2
    Instinctual Variant: Sx/Sp
    Temperament: Pure Supine
    D&D Alignment: Neutral Good
    Political Stance: Solid Liberal
    Religious Views: Atheist

Fi > Ne > Ti > Fe > Se > Si > Te > Ni

"Forgiveness means letting go of the past." ~ Gerald Jampolsky
    "I am justice!" ~ Light Yagami, Death Note
    "The choices people make tell you a lot about a person, but the reasons [...] tell you even more." ~ Albus Dumbledore (paraphrased)

Tatiana ♥

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

The reason for correlations is that certain aspects of each system are somewaht similar to the other, and thus people who identify with that one whole aspect, will identify with each aspect of the respective system. Ne doms and 7's can be very curious and energetic, thus someone whom is both curious and energetic will probably identify as an ENxP 7.

However it is imperative to remeber that each system ultimately measures and describes some different aspect of the human psyche, and that beyond mere surface behaviors (that is the core structure of each system) anyone of any type in JCF can be any enneagram type and vice versa.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    However it is imperative to remeber that each system ultimately measures and describes some different aspect of the human psyche, and that beyond mere surface behaviors (that is the core structure of each system) anyone of any type in JCF can be any enneagram type and vice versa.
    Right! So wouldn't it be more interesting and more informative to say something like "Hey, I have a preference for INFP functions and the way this interacts with the fact that I have the motivations of a 7w6 is..."?

I just find that we lose the whole depth of being able to refer to two systems by trying to equate 1s and ISTJs or 8s with ESTJs etc.

Quote Originally Posted by musttry View Post
    Right! So wouldn't it be more interesting and more informative to say something like "Hey, I have a preference for INFP functions and the way this interacts with the fact that I have the motivations of a 7w6 is..."?

I just find that we lose the whole depth of being able to refer to two systems by trying to equate 1s and ISTJs or 8s with ESTJs etc.
    Sure. But who is this we you're referring to? Any specific scenario/group/thread or possibility of projection here? While correlation can only be inferred from an empirical perspective, I find such data to be of limited use at best and at worse no more than just an exercise in typology snob/cultism/mental jerking off. I find the most useful way to use the two, or any other models, to be using them in a complementing fashion rather then seeking any correlation. I speculate the later as implied in the OP, to be a possible pitfall while trying to infer what one's type according to a given model is based of from an already identified type from another model, which has the potential to be a dead end and a sub-optimal way of doing so, as opposed to, seeking a better understanding of the model being pursued, in a self contained way, as to minimize interference and maximize accuracy.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by musttry View Post
    Yes, it would be more interesting and informative to same something of that degree. Functions are but mindsets that show how we arrive at our beliefs, mannerisms and actions, and how we process information and make decisions. Enneagram types focus on out motivational fixation of who we are based off an underlying fear, and thus escess of some sort.

Agreed 100%