• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Subwings

Richardsen

MBTI Type
IxFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Let's make the enneagram more complicated just for fun :D

Here is a (new?) subtheory that expands a little bit more the wings theory.
By example: Im a 6w5 with subwing 5w4, that makes me a little more reserved and analytic.
Im not 100% sure but this kinda explains the intensity of the wing.

In the other hand we have 7w6, that will make a 6w5 more of a joker skeptic motherfucker, but still keeping in the 6w5 line because the influence is very sutil and only explains how a person deal with his/her actual type.

5w4-6w5-7w6

This theory applies too with the tritypes.

Here is a copy-past list that i found in the enneagram institute forum (dont know if i can do it but fxck it)

2w1(sw1w9): If I am virtuous I am worthy of love.
2w1(sw3w2): If I am needed I am worthy of love.
2w3(sw1w2): If people ask for my help I am worthy of love.
2w3(sw3w4): If people treat me as indispensable I am worthy of love.

3w2(sw2w1): If I achieve a win-win for everyone involved I will be worthy of love.
3w2(sw4w3): If I can shine I will be worthy of love.(maybe fluorish is too general)
3w4(sw2w3): If I am admirable I will be worthy of love.
3w4(sw4w5): If I am distinguished I will be worthy of love.

4w3(sw3w2): One day I'll magically return to show you what you missed in my absence.
4w3(sw5w4): Most people are trite let alone have any ability to see the real me behind whatever image I present to them.
4w5(sw3w4): I take pride in staying true to myself no matter how many simple-minded people see my style as weird.
4w5(sw5w6): Unlike most people I realize the true beauty in meaning transcends what looks good.

5w4(sw4w3): Most so-called iconoclasts aren't real iconoclasts like I am.
5w4(sw6w5): Uncovering an insight that is counter to mainstream thinking makes me feel powerful.
5w6(sw4w5): Delving into the most interesting phenomena in the world makes me feel powerful.
5w6(sw6w7): Sometimes I think my intellectual curiosity just makes me end up chasing my tail.

6w5(sw5w4): I see how things really are underneath the BS...devil's advocate
6w5(sw7w6): I'm never completely sold on what people say...natural skeptic
6w7(sw5w6): I never know enough about things to feel safe...doubting thomas
6w7(sw7w8): I surprise myself with how well I can handle a crisis...trusty sidekick

7w6(sw6w5): As long as I stay one step ahead of my fears I'll be okay.
7w6(sw8w7): Because I'm entertaining people wrongly think I don't have problems.
7w8(sw6w7): I will always be a kid at heart and nothing can change that.
7w8(sw8w9): It's all good...

8w7(sw7w6): I'm always on the lookout for easy street but gotta make sure I don't bite off more than I can chew.
8w7(sw9w8): What I want I get...see how easy that is?
8w9(sw7w8): I don't start stuff so try anything with me and you will regret it.
8w9(sw9w1): Why people even try to mess with me I have no idea.

9w8(sw8w7): I make life easy for myself.
9w8(sw1w9): Hardly anything bothers me.
9w1(sw8w9): If I avoid commitments that aren't worth the trouble I'll remain comfortable.
9w1(sw1w2): If I stay invisible enough to avoid conflict others won't get mad at me.

Source: http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=26784&whichpage=2
Didn't found the 1 subwings :( maybe somebody can feedback with it.

Source 2: Typewatch

PS: Dont go around with the "i dont believe in this bullshit", i dont want to debate this. People are free to take this as much as if not. It's only a help that i personally buy it.

:bye:

Silveresque

This is interesting. 9w1 sw8w9 fits me perfectly. I wonder if the ones with non-matching subwings like mine have weaker wings, and the ones with matching subwings (ex. 9w1 sw1w2) would have a compounding effect that makes the wing stronger? It would make sense in my case, anyways.

B

brainheart

This would make me 4w5(both of them)- 5w6(sw6w7)- 9w1(sw8w9). The ” true beauty in meaning” descriptor for 4w5sw5w6 kind of trips me up. I know where I find beauty and meaning is different than it is for most, but I perceive it as beautiful. In other words, it looks good to me, even if it might not to everyone else.

Here are the ones:

1w9(sw9w8): If I adhere to my own standards I have the right to point out how things should be.
1w9(sw2w1): If I am a good example I have the right to point out how things should be.
1w2(sw9w1): I feel compelled to point out what's wrong around me.
1w2(sw2w3): I feel compelled to fix what's wrong around me.

[MENTION=14216]RevlisZero[/MENTION], yeah I thought my gut type was 9w8 because one is really not there in me but this description sounds very much like me, too.

spiderfrommars

MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Interesting. That would make me 8w7(sw9w8) and 6w5(sw5w4), both of which I had earlier identified with (9w8 and 5w4). Both those descriptions fit. I don't know about the 3w4s. What's the difference between admirable and distinguished?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=14554]Richardsen[/MENTION]
7w6(8w7) signing in, thought the description of 7w8(6w7) fits me a little better.

Richardsen

MBTI Type
IxFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=7140]brainheart[/MENTION]
You did it?

Richardsen

MBTI Type
IxFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=14554]Richardsen[/MENTION]
7w6(8w7) signing in, thought the description of 7w8(6w7) fits me a little better.

From what i saw in the forum (that's not too much) you seem more 7w6sw8w7

This is probably just another way for people who don't want to pick just one type to have it all instead of identifying and focusing on their more pressing issues. Especially combined with tritype.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
From what i saw in the forum (that's not too much) you seem more 7w6sw8w7

I think so too :yes:
I think I'm a 7w6 with infrequent 8w7 moments of "back up bitches! I'm taking over!"

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
this is beyond excessive

Richardsen

MBTI Type
IxFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This is interesting. 9w1 sw8w9 fits me perfectly. I wonder if the ones with non-matching subwings like mine have weaker wings, and the ones with matching subwings (ex. 9w1 sw1w2) would have a compounding effect that makes the wing stronger? It would make sense in my case, anyways.

In my case the 5 wing is VERY strong.
And i mistyped as a 5w4. I think that kinda makes sense bc sometimes 6w5s seem much more dark and gloomy than 5w6s.
So i can see the intensity of the wings as a factor of the subwing you choose.

G

Ginkgo

4w3(sw3w2): One day I'll magically return to show you what you missed in my absence.

Reminds me of the... uhh... contestants on Jerry Springer.
4w3(sw5w4): Most people are trite let alone have any ability to see the real me behind whatever image I present to them.

I believe people can see me and get a relatively solid grasp of who I am if they pay attention. (or at least, develop accurate impressions of me)
4w5(sw3w4): I take pride in staying true to myself no matter how many simple-minded people see my style as weird.

I have similar thoughts, but "simple minded" is a pretty terse, inaccurate way of describing people who misunderstand me.
4w5(sw5w6): Unlike most people I realize the true beauty in meaning transcends what looks good.

Aesthetics are meaningful.

5w4(sw4w3): Most so-called iconoclasts aren't real iconoclasts like I am.

Sounds pretty broad and sweeping.
5w4(sw6w5): Uncovering an insight that is counter to mainstream thinking makes me feel powerful.

This rings 95% true.
5w6(sw4w5): Delving into the most interesting phenomena in the world makes me feel powerful.

Yeah but it's more important that it's interesting to me.
5w6(sw6w7): Sometimes I think my intellectual curiosity just makes me end up chasing my tail.

Rings true. I can't disagree with that.

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Now it would be REALLY interesting if you had a subwing for each of the types in your tritype.

If I did, mine would be:

6w7(sw5w6) - 9w1(sw1w2) - 2w1(sw1w9)

spiderfrommars

MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
In Enneagram terms i'd say
3w2=admirable
3w4/4w3=distinguished

I know, the reason I asked is because that was the only difference between 3w4(2w3) and 3w4(4w5), and I wasn't sure exactly what was intended by those two words. They both are about earning respect, which is important to me. I guess the difference is that "admirable" also encompasses earning approval, while "distinguished" is also about being dignified. Does "admirable" have anything to do with setting an example for others and being looked up to? That's an aspect of 3 I've never really identified with, since the only thing I'm neurotic about it how my superiors (professors) see me.

So if that's what admirable was conveying, I'm probably 3w4(sw4w5), which would make sense…I misidentified as that (as my heart fix, never thought it was my main type), just like I did with 9w8 and 5w4!

Silveresque

Now it would be REALLY interesting if you had a subwing for each of the types in your tritypes.

If I did, mine would be:

6w7(sw5w6) - 9w1(sw1w2) - 2w1(sw1w9)

I'm not sure tritype subwings work for me. None of the type 4 subwings fit me particularly well, so I would be 9w1(sw8w9) - 6w7(sw5w6) - 2w1(sw1w9). But I'm definitely a 964 tritype.

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm not sure tritype subwings work for me. None of the type 4 subwings fit me particularly well, so I would be 9w1(sw8w9) - 6w7(sw5w6) - 2w1(sw1w9). But I'm definitely a 964 tritype.

I agree, I'm just saying that would REALLY make some distinctions!

If you were to combine MBTI type, Enneagram tritype (with wings and subwings; plus, the two orientations to 6 -- phobic and counterphobic), and instinctual variants, you'd have... 498,240 unique types. However, I didn't put the tritypes together as collective units, I distinguished them like so: 1w9(sw9w8)-3w4(sw2w3)-6w5(sw7w6) is different than 1w9(sw9w8)-3w4(sw2w3)-6w7(sw7w6) and is different than 1w9(sw9w8)-6w5(sw7w6)-3w4(sw2w3)

Last edited:

Richardsen

MBTI Type
IxFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I know, the reason I asked is because that was the only difference between 3w4(2w3) and 3w4(4w5), and I wasn't sure exactly what was intended by those two words. They both are about earning respect, which is important to me. I guess the difference is that "admirable" also encompasses earning approval, while "distinguished" is also about being dignified. Does "admirable" have anything to do with setting an example for others and being looked up to? That's an aspect of 3 I've never really identified with, since the only thing I'm neurotic about it how my superiors (professors) see me.

So if that's what admirable was conveying, I'm probably 3w4(sw4w5), which would make sense…I misidentified as that (as my heart fix, never thought it was my main type), just like I did with 9w8 and 5w4!

As your non-core type is more difficult to catch.
A sw4w5 would be more focused in their work/art/individuality than a sw2w3.

I think that Tom Cruise would be a famous example of a sw2w3 example as a reference, i think. And Tori Amos as sw4w5.

spiderfrommars

MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
As your non-core type is more difficult to catch.
A sw4w5 would be more focused in their work/art/individuality than a sw2w3.

I think that Tom Cruise would be a famous example of a sw2w3 example as a reference, i think. And Tori Amos as sw4w5.

OK, that makes sense. I think I'd definitely be sw4w5, I'm very focused on my work, less on my interactions with people.