User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: Subwings

MBTI
    IxFP

Quote Originally Posted by RevlisZero View Post
    This is interesting. 9w1 sw8w9 fits me perfectly. I wonder if the ones with non-matching subwings like mine have weaker wings, and the ones with matching subwings (ex. 9w1 sw1w2) would have a compounding effect that makes the wing stronger? It would make sense in my case, anyways.
    In my case the 5 wing is VERY strong.
    And i mistyped as a 5w4. I think that kinda makes sense bc sometimes 6w5s seem much more dark and gloomy than 5w6s.
    So i can see the intensity of the wings as a factor of the subwing you choose.

6w5(sw5w4) Sx/Sp
    INTP

"Some people never go crazy... What truly horrible lives they must lead"- Charles Bukowski

MBTI
    IxFP

Quote Originally Posted by spiderfrommars View Post
    What's the difference between admirable and distinguished?
    In Enneagram terms i'd say
    3w2=admirable
    3w4/4w3=distinguished

6w5(sw5w4) Sx/Sp
    INTP

"Some people never go crazy... What truly horrible lives they must lead"- Charles Bukowski

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Richardsen View Post
    4w3(sw3w2): One day I'll magically return to show you what you missed in my absence.
    Reminds me of the... uhh... contestants on Jerry Springer.
    4w3(sw5w4): Most people are trite let alone have any ability to see the real me behind whatever image I present to them.
    I believe people can see me and get a relatively solid grasp of who I am if they pay attention. (or at least, develop accurate impressions of me)
    4w5(sw3w4): I take pride in staying true to myself no matter how many simple-minded people see my style as weird.
    I have similar thoughts, but "simple minded" is a pretty terse, inaccurate way of describing people who misunderstand me.
    4w5(sw5w6): Unlike most people I realize the true beauty in meaning transcends what looks good.
    Aesthetics are meaningful.

5w4(sw4w3): Most so-called iconoclasts aren't real iconoclasts like I am.
    Sounds pretty broad and sweeping.
    5w4(sw6w5): Uncovering an insight that is counter to mainstream thinking makes me feel powerful.
    This rings 95% true.
    5w6(sw4w5): Delving into the most interesting phenomena in the world makes me feel powerful.
    Yeah but it's more important that it's interesting to me.
    5w6(sw6w7): Sometimes I think my intellectual curiosity just makes me end up chasing my tail.

Rings true. I can't disagree with that.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj

Now it would be REALLY interesting if you had a subwing for each of the types in your tritype.

If I did, mine would be:

6w7(sw5w6) - 9w1(sw1w2) - 2w1(sw1w9)
    MBTI: INFP
    Enneagram: 6w7, phobic
    Tritype: 6-9-2
    Instinctual Variant: Sx/Sp
    Temperament: Pure Supine
    D&D Alignment: Neutral Good
    Political Stance: Solid Liberal
    Religious Views: Atheist

Fi > Ne > Ti > Fe > Se > Si > Te > Ni

"Forgiveness means letting go of the past." ~ Gerald Jampolsky
    "I am justice!" ~ Light Yagami, Death Note
    "The choices people make tell you a lot about a person, but the reasons [...] tell you even more." ~ Albus Dumbledore (paraphrased)

Tatiana ♥

MBTI
    xNTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sp/so

In Enneagram terms i'd say
    3w2=admirable
    3w4/4w3=distinguished
    I know, the reason I asked is because that was the only difference between 3w4(2w3) and 3w4(4w5), and I wasn't sure exactly what was intended by those two words. They both are about earning respect, which is important to me. I guess the difference is that "admirable" also encompasses earning approval, while "distinguished" is also about being dignified. Does "admirable" have anything to do with setting an example for others and being looked up to? That's an aspect of 3 I've never really identified with, since the only thing I'm neurotic about it how my superiors (professors) see me.

So if that's what admirable was conveying, I'm probably 3w4(sw4w5), which would make sense…I misidentified as that (as my heart fix, never thought it was my main type), just like I did with 9w8 and 5w4!

Quote Originally Posted by Hazashin View Post
    Now it would be REALLY interesting if you had a subwing for each of the types in your tritypes.

If I did, mine would be:

6w7(sw5w6) - 9w1(sw1w2) - 2w1(sw1w9)
    I'm not sure tritype subwings work for me. None of the type 4 subwings fit me particularly well, so I would be 9w1(sw8w9) - 6w7(sw5w6) - 2w1(sw1w9). But I'm definitely a 964 tritype.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by RevlisZero View Post
    I'm not sure tritype subwings work for me. None of the type 4 subwings fit me particularly well, so I would be 9w1(sw8w9) - 6w7(sw5w6) - 2w1(sw1w9). But I'm definitely a 964 tritype.
    I agree, I'm just saying that would REALLY make some distinctions!

If you were to combine MBTI type, Enneagram tritype (with wings and subwings; plus, the two orientations to 6 -- phobic and counterphobic), and instinctual variants, you'd have... 498,240 unique types. However, I didn't put the tritypes together as collective units, I distinguished them like so: 1w9(sw9w8)-3w4(sw2w3)-6w5(sw7w6) is different than 1w9(sw9w8)-3w4(sw2w3)-6w7(sw7w6) and is different than 1w9(sw9w8)-6w5(sw7w6)-3w4(sw2w3)
    Last edited by Hazashin; 03-04-2012 at 07:29 PM.
    MBTI: INFP
    Enneagram: 6w7, phobic
    Tritype: 6-9-2
    Instinctual Variant: Sx/Sp
    Temperament: Pure Supine
    D&D Alignment: Neutral Good
    Political Stance: Solid Liberal
    Religious Views: Atheist

Fi > Ne > Ti > Fe > Se > Si > Te > Ni

"Forgiveness means letting go of the past." ~ Gerald Jampolsky
    "I am justice!" ~ Light Yagami, Death Note
    "The choices people make tell you a lot about a person, but the reasons [...] tell you even more." ~ Albus Dumbledore (paraphrased)

Tatiana ♥

MBTI
    IxFP

Quote Originally Posted by spiderfrommars View Post
    I know, the reason I asked is because that was the only difference between 3w4(2w3) and 3w4(4w5), and I wasn't sure exactly what was intended by those two words. They both are about earning respect, which is important to me. I guess the difference is that "admirable" also encompasses earning approval, while "distinguished" is also about being dignified. Does "admirable" have anything to do with setting an example for others and being looked up to? That's an aspect of 3 I've never really identified with, since the only thing I'm neurotic about it how my superiors (professors) see me.

So if that's what admirable was conveying, I'm probably 3w4(sw4w5), which would make sense…I misidentified as that (as my heart fix, never thought it was my main type), just like I did with 9w8 and 5w4!
    As your non-core type is more difficult to catch.
    A sw4w5 would be more focused in their work/art/individuality than a sw2w3.

I think that Tom Cruise would be a famous example of a sw2w3 example as a reference, i think. And Tori Amos as sw4w5.

6w5(sw5w4) Sx/Sp
    INTP

MBTI
    xNTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sp/so

As your non-core type is more difficult to catch.
    A sw4w5 would be more focused in their work/art/individuality than a sw2w3.

I think that Tom Cruise would be a famous example of a sw2w3 example as a reference, i think. And Tori Amos as sw4w5.
    OK, that makes sense. I think I'd definitely be sw4w5, I'm very focused on my work, less on my interactions with people.

brainheart

@brainheart
    You did it?
    I did what?