User Tag List

View Poll Results: What's Better - Tritype or wings?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Wings

14 37.84%
  • Tritype

11 29.73%
  • Neither is better than the other

12 32.43%
  • Other (explain)

1 2.70%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Most tritypes are explained within your enneagram type, so I'd say wings. If you can't relate to both of your enneagram type partners in some way I'd say you're mistyped. If you read Naranjo's work you will realize how ridiculous tri type theory is just because of how deep the theory really runs with the motivations... 9s are no longer about just "conflict", it goes deeper than that.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by RevlisZero View Post
    My wing really doesn't fit me very well. Generally type 1 is one of my lowest scores on tests, and I hardly relate to it at all. My tritype is a much better fit.
    I personally am a 9w8 and my type 1 scores on tests are close to zero if not zero most of the time, yet I definitely have some 1 tendencies whether I want to admit it or not. I am very, very 1 inclined when it comes to how I judge people; I set standards in my head seemingly automatically for a lot of things in life. Just the way that a 1 goes about doing it I don't relate to it, and how pretty much their entire life is run by said standards. It's more of a feeling for me. I thought the idea of being neighbors with the 1 was ridiculous until I read Naranjo's book and then realized that it's definitely an unconscious thing that I do a lot of the time.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Two types fit me well, they seem to mesh equally well into my persona and sometimes one is heavier than the other, though it's like the two could fit as one. I understand and can see how they can go hand in hand with me. I could do away with the third, I don't really care, some things can be described other ways without throwing in that whole third tritype. The wings don't strike any big deep chord though I can see influences/ components on some level. I've tested in enneagram a few times when I was younger, I got the same two types that I am now on tests, (4 or 7), and now that I've gone through all the reading and legwork, they both still seem to come out in the wash as patterns and themes over time. I can read information about the entire enneagram and two types just leave me full of light bulbs, epiphanies, ways to improve, things that make me tick, etc. What more can I ask for from a theoretical model that is designed as an aide into deeper self-reflection and understanding?

In other people, sometimes I can see a strong type or wing, other times I can see four or five, especially as I'm getting to know them. I figure as long as I keep my perceptions open and fairly objective, I am open to learn a lot. I don't understand people's needs to "correctly" type people or even themselves. The mind strives to reach set answers for everything in life and I've yet to see a decent argument about why this is so urgently necessary or even valid. (In this setting, at least.)
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

garbage

'Allowing' one to identify with multiple types (at different strengths) would provide more explanatory power than tritype, but without requiring some arbitrary 'hand-waving' theoretical nonsense (e.g. we have one each of gut, head, and heart fix) to back it up.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Most tritypes are explained within your enneagram type, so I'd say wings. If you can't relate to both of your enneagram type partners in some way I'd say you're mistyped. If you read Naranjo's work you will realize how ridiculous tri type theory is just because of how deep the theory really runs with the motivations... 9s are no longer about just "conflict", it goes deeper than that.
    Can you elaborate on tritypes explained within enneagram type? Also I thought Katherine studied with Naranjo.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

First of all, it sounds rather arbitrary to consider that a person of any Enneagram has to be more connected with his wings than any other Enneagram. I agree that it can overcomplicate things, but I'm pretty sure it gives a better assessment of personalities. To name a few issues with wings that I can easily detect, there are many 4w5s around that are much more like 7s than 5s. And in my case, I don't relate enough either to En 6 or En 4 to call it a wing. I'd definitely reach 5w6 by elimination, but I consider it a poor approach.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    'Allowing' one to identify with multiple types (at different strengths) would provide more explanatory power than tritype, but without requiring some arbitrary 'hand-waving' theoretical nonsense (e.g. we have one each of gut, head, and heart fix) to back it up.
    We're open enough to accept the truth around here, Bologna. And let me tell you, it's not about you being a 6w5 and a 3w4 and a 9 because you just can't be 5 types because you are only one person.

Edit: GOD.
    You are just trying to win @ life with your small straight of 3456. I bet you would throw a 7 or a 2 in your type if you were allowed!!!!!
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Do wings fit you better or do you think Tritype is a better representation of who you are?
    So... it has come to this.

I haven't really studied much about the Enneagram. I type myself as 4w5 because that is who I am inside and how I relate to things that I take seriously, ie, not this forum or the internet at large. Being 4-9-5 would explain more about me and how I relate to events and issues within myself and others. It also gives me some clues to the areas I need to bolster in myself: my reclusive nature, and my view that too many things involving other people require far more energy than I care to expend on them (ie, usually conflict with others falls under this heading).

In the end these are all just ideas and theories and within them there is a small pearl of truth that is moistened by the clam tongue of our own Narcississtic needs to explain who we are so that we have meaning and importance. It is a matter of public record that all of what I state here is true because otherwise this is just another example of why we can't have nice things.

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

Ultimately they're both inferior to your main type, because that explains the motivations in your personality. My wing explains my general vibe when coupled with my main and my tritype is good for more behaviorist things. They're sort of apples and oranges.
    Chimera of Filth

A gruesome beast with dripping flesh
    Clings to me as a sick fixture
    My throbbing heart it gnawed apart
    It stalks and hunts me through mirrors

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    To me, tritype is a bit of a copout and is kind of a way of compromising when you're not 100% sure of type and identify with bits of a few of them.

This.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan