User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 39

Thread: More RPG clips

  1. #11
    Senior Member Thunderbringer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    276

    Default

    Thanks! And yeah, go ahead and say what's on your mind.
    We cast away priceless time in dreams, born of imagination, fed upon illusion, and put to death by reality. - Judy Garland

  2. #12
    Senior Member Viridian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    MBTI
    IsFJ
    Posts
    3,088

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbringer View Post
    Thanks! And yeah, go ahead and say what's on your mind.
    Well, I kinda thought you gave some Sx descriptions short shrift - especially 3 and 4...

    (Also, grammar nazi moment: "opportunities" is misspelled in the 7 video.)

    Other than that, I loved 'em! I think so far you've pretty much covered everything but the wings.
    Tentative typing: ISFJ 6w5 or 9w1 (Sp/S[?]).

  3. #13
    Anew Leaf
    Guest

    Default

    I like these.

    Confirms my existence as a 4.

    I still think I am slightly more SX than SP, but the video made me question it a little bit. I know I score within a few points of them both on tests.

    Great job!

  4. #14
    Senior Member Thunderbringer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
    Well, I kinda thought you gave some Sx descriptions short shrift - especially 3 and 4...

    (Also, grammar nazi moment: "opportunities" is misspelled in the 7 video.)

    Other than that, I loved 'em! I think so far you've pretty much covered everything but the wings.
    Trust me, it was a pain finding sx 3's in most of the games I played. I don't even think some of those characters were 3's, but I kinda just put them there to make the sx section longer. However, I'm surprised that you thought the sx 4 section was short. I thought that was one of the better parts I wrote. If anything, I think the so 2 description was probably the shortest one I did.

    Also I'm not sure I really want to do the wings. Even though I know about the wings, I don't really know a lot of differences between each wing to make a decently good video about them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    I like these.

    Confirms my existence as a 4.

    I still think I am slightly more SX than SP, but the video made me question it a little bit. I know I score within a few points of them both on tests.

    Great job!
    Thanks! I'm glad you enjoy them.
    We cast away priceless time in dreams, born of imagination, fed upon illusion, and put to death by reality. - Judy Garland

  5. #15
    Senior Member Viridian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    MBTI
    IsFJ
    Posts
    3,088

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbringer View Post
    Trust me, it was a pain finding sx 3's in most of the games I played. I don't even think some of those characters were 3's, but I kinda just put them there to make the sx section longer. However, I'm surprised that you thought the sx 4 section was short. I thought that was one of the better parts I wrote. If anything, I think the so 2 description was probably the shortest one I did.
    Oh, no, what I meant was "short shrift" as in "focusing on the negative", in contrast to your other descriptions, in which you did a bang-up job of balancing strengths and pitfalls.

    Also, I understand what you mean. Sometimes I feel like Threes are not so much types unto themselves as pathological versions of other types. I mean, do you ever see healthy versions of them that don't look like 1s, 7s, 4s or 8s?

    Also I'm not sure I really want to do the wings. Even though I know about the wings, I don't really know a lot of differences between each wing to make a decently good video about them.
    S'okay, that was just a suggestion! Though, if you want, I can link some descriptions of the wings from other sites.
    Tentative typing: ISFJ 6w5 or 9w1 (Sp/S[?]).

  6. #16
    Senior Member Thunderbringer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
    Oh, no, what I meant was "short shrift" as in "focusing on the negative", in contrast to your other descriptions, in which you did a bang-up job of balancing strengths and pitfalls.
    Ah, I see what you mean, especially with the sx 3. Still, the sx 4's have some strengths in the description, mainly concerning how passionate they are in relationships. Oh well, the damage is done. At least the sx 3's look snazzier than the others.

    Also, I understand what you mean. Sometimes I feel like Threes are not so much types unto themselves as pathological versions of other types. I mean, do you ever see healthy versions of them that don't look like 1s, 7s, 4s or 8s?
    Actually, I find healthy 3's, especially so 3's, to be quite good at promoting themselves in a way that I don't see other types doing.

    S'okay, that was just a suggestion! Though, if you want, I can link some descriptions of the wings from other sites.
    No, that's fine. Like I said, I know about the wings and I even have The Wisdom of the Enneagram book that perfectly describes each wing, but to clarify what I mean, I can't easily tell the differences between each type when it comes to reading others. I can't even tell whether I'm a 6w5 or a 6w7 lol.
    We cast away priceless time in dreams, born of imagination, fed upon illusion, and put to death by reality. - Judy Garland

  7. #17
    Senior Member Viridian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    MBTI
    IsFJ
    Posts
    3,088

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbringer View Post
    Ah, I see what you mean, especially with the sx 3. Still, the sx 4's have some strengths in the description, mainly concerning how passionate they are in relationships. Oh well, the damage is done. At least the sx 3's look snazzier than the others.
    I meant the stuff about "not having much depth" and "going from one broken relationship" to another, respectively. But the point still stands.

    Actually, I find healthy 3's, especially so 3's, to be quite good at promoting themselves in a way that I don't see other types doing.
    Mmm, I suppose that is true. Maybe 3s just make great villains when unhealthy and that's why so many depictions of them are darker?

    No, that's fine. Like I said, I know about the wings and I even have The Wisdom of the Enneagram book that perfectly describes each wing, but to clarify what I mean, I can't easily tell the differences between each type when it comes to reading others. I can't even tell whether I'm a 6w5 or a 6w7 lol.
    Hey, at least you know your main type! /envious

    I do wonder if phobia/counterphobia might play a part... I had a teacher in my university that was very counterphobic and rebellious, but also very analytical in that "I know what's going on in this country" sort of way. It can be confusing, since CP does not always = 6w7 and vice versa.
    Tentative typing: ISFJ 6w5 or 9w1 (Sp/S[?]).

  8. #18
    Senior Member Thunderbringer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
    I meant the stuff about "not having much depth" and "going from one broken relationship" to another, respectively. But the point still stands.
    Like I said in my disclaimer, the videos were just generalizations of each type not really something that was 100% definite about each type.

    Mmm, I suppose that is true. Maybe 3s just make great villains when unhealthy and that's why so many depictions of them are darker?
    Pretty much. The majority of sp 3's in my video were villains and the sx and so 3's were mostly morally ambiguous NPCs. Though it does make sense since most people wouldn't equate manipulative or Machiavellian traits with heroes.

    Hey, at least you know your main type! /envious

    I do wonder if phobia/counterphobia might play a part... I had a teacher in my university that was very counterphobic and rebellious, but also very analytical in that "I know what's going on in this country" sort of way. It can be confusing, since CP does not always = 6w7 and vice versa.
    Possibly, but I was thinking more in terms of being neurotic. I've heard that 6w7's are more neurotic and more visibly anxious than 6w5, but that 6w5's like to study up on things to make sure that they aren't surprised by anything, both of which describe me pretty well.
    We cast away priceless time in dreams, born of imagination, fed upon illusion, and put to death by reality. - Judy Garland

  9. #19
    Senior Member Viridian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    MBTI
    IsFJ
    Posts
    3,088

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbringer View Post
    Like I said in my disclaimer, the videos were just generalizations of each type not really something that was 100% definite about each type.
    Yeah, I understand. I just found it kind of imbalanced compared to the other examples...

    Pretty much. The majority of sp 3's in my video were villains and the sx and so 3's were mostly morally ambiguous NPCs. Though it does make sense since most people wouldn't equate manipulative or Machiavellian traits with heroes.
    "Manipulative" sounds a bit off - I think "ambitious" might be more like it. I remember once how a commenter at a comics-focused website pointed out that the protagonist of a certain comic strip shared many flaws with the antagonist, to the point of being unlikeable and annoying; basically, the "protagonist" was only so because her actions - even when identical to that of the antagonist - were portrayed in a positive light. The main difference between them, in reality? The protagonist was mopey and passive-aggressive, while the antagonist was confident and assertive. Many comments about the author's grudge against sexually assertive women ensued.

    Anyway, I hope my feedback was useful...
    Tentative typing: ISFJ 6w5 or 9w1 (Sp/S[?]).

  10. #20
    this is my winter song EJCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx
    Posts
    18,428

    Default

    @Thunderbringer... your music choice for So-dom 1 is one of my favorite songs from one of my favorite video games! How fortuitous!!

    I think I may relate more to the Sp 1 description from that video, though. Because I think I beat myself up about things, more than I beat up other people about things. Although I attribute that more to maturity and self-awareness, than whether or not I'm Sp or So.

    You picked good characters, too, from the ones I recognized; I nodded and smiled as I saw that you had picked Steiner and Beatrix from "Final Fantasy IX", Regal from "Tales of Symphonia", and Cornelius from "Odin Sphere". I relate to all of them.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~


    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"



    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Similar Threads

  1. INTJ seems more literal than ISTJ?
    By The Ü™ in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-20-2009, 03:33 PM
  2. The Human Mind - the sum of its parts or something more?
    By Geoff in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-15-2007, 06:14 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO