• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Tritype] Enneagram 6-1-4

Trunks

I'm not Trunks
G

garbage

Personal insight here.

That second link is probably the most balanced and accurate of them. Many descriptions tend to leave out the tendency of some sixes (or periodic tendency of all sixes?) to continually question even the things that they have allied themselves to. This one nails it:
Sixes are generally looking for something or someone to believe in. This, combined with their general suspiciousness, gives rise to a complicated relationship to authority. The side of the Six which is looking for something to believe in, is often very susceptible to the temptation to turn authority over to an external source, whether it be in the form of an individual or a creed. But the Six's tendency towards distrust and suspicion works against any sort of faith in authority. Thus, two opposite pulls exist side by side in the personality of Ennea-type Six, and assume different proportions in different individuals, sometimes alternating within the same individual.
I also highlight the word temptation for a reason--the core traits of the six might exhibit themselves in conservatism and adherence to an authority or set of guidelines, but that's just one potential result. It's the core traits that must be understood if the type is to be understood.

That second link is so far removed from my own thinking style, e.g.
The talking style of the six is called setting limits. They don't like to leave options too wide open as this wouldn't be safe so they put limits on everything. Some examples of setting limits would be - 'I'll come out to dinner but lets be home by 10pm', or 'Have a fun time camping but just make sure you don't swim in the river'.
that I don't know where to begin. Having such limits is just so.. stifling to me. Moreover, I don't place much credence on structures and traditions because, to me, they may not necessarily exist for good, sound, legitimate reasons.

Regarding tritype.. may or may not be useful. Chances are that you'll have the biggest impact on your self-understanding by digging deeper and determining a core type that makes the most sense to you. However, I'll say that I'm personally much more well-understood as "type 6, with a splash of 3 for good measure" than as simply "type 6" (but that if I had to limit myself to one type or another, that I would choose the 6).