User Tag List

123 Last

I'm not Trunks

Default Enneagram type 5

Any insight about enneagram 5-4-9, 5-9-4, 5-9-3, 5-3-9? I find some facts are just generalization. It will be more helpful if the insight based from the persons own perspectives..

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Trunks View Post
    Any insight about enneagram 5-4-9, 5-9-4, 5-9-3, 5-3-9? I find some facts are just generalization. It will be more helpful if the insight based from the persons own perspectives..
    Not really, but I will be interested in the responses. Have you searched the threads yet? There is a lot of info available.
    "It's never enough." The Cure

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/so

I identify as a 5-4-9 (although it's debatable, of course). I think it's one of the most avoidant/withdrawing of enneagram tri-types.

I've found it personally helpful to read up a bit on avoidant/schizoid personality. While not everything fits me, personally, some things are amazingly on target. I'd recommend Guntrip's Schizoid Phenomena in particular. While it's dated and depressingly negative in some respects, it's definitely insightful at times. Some aspects of the book seem to describe enneagram 5 characteristics, but others are definitely in enneagram 4 territory.

I think as an INFP I don't tend to cut myself off entirely from emotion (as some 5s might do), but definitely tend to work to keep emotions in a subdued, manageable range.

I'm not Trunks

Quote Originally Posted by Seymour View Post
    I identify as a 5-4-9 (although it's debatable, of course). I think it's one of the most avoidant/withdrawing of enneagram tri-types.

I've found it personally helpful to read up a bit on avoidant/schizoid personality. While not everything fits me, personally, some things are amazingly on target. I'd recommend Guntrip's Schizoid Phenomena in particular. While it's dated and depressingly negative in some respects, it's definitely insightful at times. Some aspects of the book seem to describe enneagram 5 characteristics, but others are definitely in enneagram 4 territory.

I think as an INFP I don't tend to cut myself off entirely from emotion (as some 5s might do), but definitely tend to work to keep emotions in a subdued, manageable range.
    Thanks for the info, although I still looking for info about 5-9-4.

I'm not Trunks

Anyway, I think 5-9-3 suited me well..Thanks for the info guys..

Quote Originally Posted by Trunks View Post
    I'm not convinced by this tritype stuff - it feels like a desperate attempt to explain away every little variation in personality, but the enneagram really isn't built for it. A lot of depth and understanding is lost, and the real wisdom of the enneagram (what little there is) is obfuscated. In my opinion of course.
    Hello

I'm not Trunks

Quote Originally Posted by NotOfTwo View Post
    Not really, but I will be interested in the responses. Have you searched the threads yet? There is a lot of info available.
    Yes, this is one of it
    http://pstypes.blogspot.com/2009/11/...ions-type.html

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    I'm not convinced by this tritype stuff - it feels like a desperate attempt to explain away every little variation in personality, but the enneagram really isn't built for it. A lot of depth and understanding is lost, and the real wisdom of the enneagram (what little there is) is obfuscated. In my opinion of course.
    You identify your type as a dominant fixation right? So by default, there should be fixations that are secondary and tertiary. I see no reason for them to be in the other triads, it's probably just more common for it to be that way.

http://personalitycafe.com/type-5-fo...-tritypes.html

^ thankfully, 5s are commonplace on the net, so the tritypes for E5 are easy to find.
    5 3 9

I'm not Trunks

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    Anyway, enneagram is only a theory..I like searching info about it, just for fun and gaining some knowledge.

I'm not Trunks

Quote Originally Posted by Asterion View Post
    You identify your type as a dominant fixation right? So by default, there should be fixations that are secondary and tertiary. I see no reason for them to be in the other triads, it's probably just more common for it to be that way.

http://personalitycafe.com/type-5-fo...-tritypes.html

^ thankfully, 5s are commonplace on the net, so the tritypes for E5 are easy to find.
    I was looking for personal insight actually, not a link. Anyway, I already posted that info..See above..