• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Tritype] Enneagram tritype 3-6-9

Trunks

I'm not Trunks
I'm looking an information about my new enneagram tritype, any insight?

Silveresque

From the 27 Tritype/Archetype Descriptions thread on Personality Cafe:

369 Mediator Archetype

She said this is the type most likely to be able to be the chameleon and will be able to adjust themselves according to whomever they are around. Having the 3 relating types and the 3 primary types they can have the most difficulty pinpointing not only their tritype but their dominant strategy. She said they will almost always think they are 3s, because they will value success and will be inclined to adjust to fit a given situation. She said they need to stay engaged and have harmony to feel happy which is what causes the constant adjustment.

They are most likely to fit into the cultural millieu of what is expected of them but that their life mission is to bring harmony and she calls this the true mediator archetype. She said they can be so focused on fitting in and belonging that they lose themeselves and forget to speak their personal truths for fear of not relating to others.

The 369 needs to adjust to feel seen, safe and peaceful.

You have all three Bonders Enneacards
(Enneagram Types: 3, 6 & 9) in your Enneaspread.
Your emotional energy goes towards seeking attachments with ideas and others. You want to be bonded to people. You also want to create balance and are uncomfortable with extremes. You tend to see relationships as a part of yourself. Overall, you are positively identified with others and may have amnesia for the more difficult or negative aspects of your relationships.

I was asked the differences between the 361, the 368 and the 369 tritypes. Since the question is which gut type is dominant. At a glance, it is most helpful to look at activity levels. The 361 is very industrious and busy doing to avoid anxiety, the 1 brings a need to do what is morally correct. The 368 is focused on fighting for justice, the 8 brings a need to overcome and prevail. The 369 is highly adaptable and focused on being in comfortable alignment with others.

639 or 629 tritype. Anxious, warm, congenial and phobic.

Any combination that has a 6 runs anxiety. Any tritype that has self-pres as the dominant instinct is motivated by anxiety. The tritypes that tend to run high anxiety are the 614 and 694... and then 629 and 639.

3-6-9 - The Citizen

This tritype would be most characterized by being influenced by their society. They usually embody everything that their society is. They need to adapt in order to relieve tension and stress.

-Primary types(3, 6, 9), I don't think the order is even significant, or it can fluctuate, because what defines them is their relation to their core center

[by timeless:] You'll hear that 3-6-9 is the most common tritype. I believe that this is true, but this is no quirk of the enneagram, nor is it random chance.

You'll notice that 3, 6, and 9 are id, superego, and ego types. The Type 3 element is constantly seeking to improve themselves, the Type 6 element is constantly seeking to improve their superego, and Type 9 is constantly seeking to mediate themselves. In a way, this is the healthiest tritype in Freudian terms.

This explains why 3-6-9 is the most common tritype: this is probably the optimal path of development.

[by Grey:]The 3-6-9 triangle has to do with the fact that they all line up together in their integration/disintegration lines, creating an endless triangle

the 3 and the 9 were total opposites of one another (external cultivation vs internal), and the 6 really was somewhere in the middle.

3-6-9 Triple attachment type

The attachment types (3-6-9) are most comfortable between the norming and performing phases, when everything's going smoothly and people know what's going on.

Those with the 3-6-9 tritype, especially 9s have a considerable amount of confusion around their identities. Type 9 is already the seeker, but 3 and 6 add more elements around the feeling of lacking a clearly defined identity.

Trunks

I'm not Trunks
thanks for the info, I already read this info earlier. I didn't depends on the facts, it was just a generalization. Anyway, I was looking for new insight and different point of view from a persons actually.

Edit: I also looking for 9-6-3 information.