• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Enneagram Fashion Style & YOU

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
As a kid/teenager, I was hopelessly self-conscious, didn't fit in anywhere, and my confidence/sense of self was impacted significantly, so while I was particular about what I wore, I was never stylish and didn't have a great sense of self tied to external expression. (Plus, the self-conciousness made me want to be unnoticed, vs. drawing attention to myself)

I really only came into my own in college and into my 20's, up through today. In college I was probably more just focused on trying to look my best/attractive, with colors I thought worked for me. Same for today, but the difference is I have a better sense of what I like, and also am more apt to throw various things together (whereas in college I was still relying more on pre-packaged styles). I also dislike plain. I'm probably more dressy than casual, but probably more in a put-together sense, not a business sense. So if I wear a t-shirt, it'll be a fitted shirt, with a scarf, belt, earrings, whatnot... such that the overall vibe looks more dressy/chic than casual (I use the word 'chic' because someone called me that once in college, w/ reference to one of my jackets). I guess I'm a fan of simple but elegant/personal... so while I might wear a more neutral base layer (for ex., v-neck gray shirt) with jeans, I may have a belt over/around it, with a colorful scarf and larger earrings. Style/how I look's definitely not unimportant to me, iow. I place value in it/have fun with it. :shrug:

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Mostly women's clothing from goodwill misplaced in the men's section.

Striking patterns for every occasion.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
4,6,7 and 9 depending on the day

9 actually sounds like an understated version of 4, which actually sounds most like my wardrobe.

So 6,7 and 9?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
That blog link is not accessible to me. Boo.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yes. Examples: Amy Winehouse and Dennis Rodman.

Oh is that what they mean by bold and cheery? Jesus.

I wear a lot of solid color flattering v-necked shirts or sweaters, neutral colored slacks or jeans or yoga pants (black, brown, gray, blue), khaki or jean shorts...which sounds 6-ish.

But then I wear a green beaded anklet with bells on it, always have bracelets from the new age shop with snow obsidian and beads and little skulls, or hematite bracelet with peace symbols on it, a dolphin necklace made from a shark's tooth, sometimes big hoop earrings, and I have these cute little hats, one of which looks like a big stuffed tiger head that I've worn a lot in winter in the past two years.

I also like wearing sundresses in warmer weather, some of them bohemian, some of them a little sexier.

Lots of flip flops and sandals and running shoes and little asian shoes or water shoes, or black flats...mainly practical foot wear, but when I wear heels I have worn things like gold or pink.

I tend to have a very earthy, neutral or jewel tones, understated, mix and match wardrobe with comfortable shoes ...but bohemian accessories and some fun pieces and sexy outfits.

Which to me sounded like 6w7 or a 9.

I don't dress anything like Dennis Rodman. I would have thought that he's a 4. OR a 7w6 instead of a 6w7.

Actually in the past six months to a year, some friends/acquaintances joked that this is me (I do wear more tank tops in the worst heat of summer):

amDadHayley_72.jpg

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
Oddly enough, 1, 9, and 8 fit me the best. Most of my wardrobe consists of reds, navy, creams, whites, black, browns and tans. I tend to stick with solid colored shirts and striped shirts... Occasionally I'll go for argyle or plaid. Jeans. Khakis. Polos. Fleece Pullovers/Jackets. Sweaters. Tank Tops. Capris. Flannel. Turtlenecks. T-shirts. Yoga pants. Hoodies.

I like having a lot of shirts and pants/capris/shorts that I can mix and match and not have to worry about whether they go together or not. I'm not big on accessories either. I have my wedding set and my hoop earrings and that's all the jewelry I wear. I'm a pretty low key fashion person.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
I like BDU's, boots, and shirts/jackets with epilettes

also this is pretty typical

65923_10151464381277460_1427662871_n.jpg

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hm.

My 7w8 Wardrobe:

I will either wear nerdy stuff: jeans, nerdy t-shirt, binary watch, stuff like that

Very classy: (heels, tight dresses, pearl-y things), slacks, button down

Badass: leather jacket, black pants, aviators, thigh high boots

Chillax: band tees, jeans

3, 4, 5, 6, 8. So...everything.

I've also been known to rock the trapper hat in the colder months. Throw some red lipstick on and I'm enhancing my Russian looks. :banana:

S

Stansmith

My style is basically 6 mixed with elements of 3, 4 and 8. These are outfits I'd usually wear:

Form-fitting, only subtly-douchey, vintage, things that compliment my ectomorphic figure and skin tone, "naturalistic" tones (slate-teal or navy instead of royal blue for example) , graphic-less, "self-assured". I don't think I ever dress 7-ish.

S

Stansmith

As for MBTI, I think all NF's and Fi-users put the most thought into it. ISTP's in the movies:

man_with_no_name_12.jpg

People in MBTI circles assume Sensors = Well-dressed, but male sensors are usually more likely to just throw something on. ISFP's are some of the best though.

kfarb

Mine is a mix of 4 and 7, occasionally venturing into 1 and 9. I wear lots and lots of sun dresses, or I just wear jeans/cut off shorts and solid color v-neck shirts. I also like classic J. Crew/Gap type pieces if I'm dressing professionally - stripes, camel colored coats, etc. Most of my clothes are very soft colors - creams, pinks, mint greens, and greys are my favorite.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The blog is no longer accessible, but according to the descriptions posted and a fun image search, I dress as an eight mostly, and after that, three and four. Dark and contrasty. Lots of sharp lines. Suits until the end of suits.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I go can go really bold or really plain. I like graphics, bright colors, plain jeans and tee, I definitely have some of that 7 style depicted in those photos, but I also class it up and tone it down quite often. I definitely love little Special details, embroidery, etc.I've been described as having a hippie style and being a "little pile of brown". I wear a lot of brown and gray.

Edit: something notable about my style is I often dress according to my mood. During most of the summer I was pretty into electronic music and wore lots of neon, bold prints, and bright colors. Lately I've switched to like a hard rock phase and I've been dressing a lot more grungy and much less colorfully. Folkier stuff usually coincides with hippie garb. Both personal style and music are big forms of self expression for me, and so I'm always changing around or at least cycling with both of them.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Pfft. According to that, I'm 2-6-9.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Pretty clearly the same as the types I test as - 4, 5 and 9.

autumnandtherain

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ha, well I'm an INFJ 4w5, and it fits me pretty spot on.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What is your personal style and how might you relate that to your type?

Do you think your enneagram type (including wing & instinctual stack!) influences your personal style of dress/grooming?

Do you think your MBTI type plays any role also?

1 - classic, simple, refined, geometric lines, minimalist, modest
4 - unique, vintage, edgy, often weird and random, trendy, clashing, raw
5 - nerdy, unnoticeable, comfortable, functional, bland but odd
8 - confident, stark, bold, well-constructed, precisely fitting, durable
I removed from the above list the ones that really don't apply. My customary dress is a combination of 5 and 1, leaning toward 1 for work, and 5 outside of work. There will be influences of 8 for big meetings/presentations. I will indulge in 4 just for fun now and then, often for holiday parties or other celebrations with close friends.

Practicality, comfort, and durability are most important, with a simple, classic, well-fitting, modest style a close second. I find I have never had to sacrifice one for the other, but the resulting combinations probably have a distinctly 5 flavor. I wear grey and especially black almost daily, coupled with dark jewel tones in blouses/sweaters/etc. Everything must have pockets, since I never use a purse. I cannot be bothered with either makeup or shoes that are in any way uncomfortable, though I often wear simple jewelry.

In terms of stacking, the practicality, comfort, etc. is probably driven by sp first, with my occasional forays into festive 4-wear taking advantage of sx in proper context. I'm not sure where MB type fits in, other than INTJ tendency toward efficiency and staying in the background (5/1 clothing), until it is necessary to stand out (those dashes of 8).

This is the sort of thing I might wear:

mcgooglian

MBTI Type
ISTP
I'm 9w8 and I generally just wear a t-shirt and shorts. I highly dislike wearing bright colors and socks. My feet must be free!

Nymphie

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
4 - unique, vintage, edgy, often weird and random, trendy, clashing, raw
7 - cheery, bright colors from nature, outdoorsy, fun, flirty

Usually a combination of these, I love to experiment with fashion.