• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Enneagram Fashion Style & YOU

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Yeah 8 is quite fitting. But add a little eccentric..for lack of a better term.

In the summer I wear a haori as a coat, it is bold ( red with gold and silver metallic brush strokes) but also light, airy, and easy to remove/put on.

The other day a friend of told me "Even Japanese people don't dress like that." I reminded them " Well, I DO." Why would I give a damn what other people are wearing? Trendy or not I wear what I like and I often receive compliments.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9

In the summer I wear a haori as a coat, it is bold ( red with gold and silver metallic brush strokes) but also light, airy, and easy to remove/put on.

The other day a friend of told me "Even Japanese people don't dress like that." I reminded them " Well, I DO." Why would I give a damn what other people are wearing? Trendy or not I wear what I like and I often receive compliments.

Isn't a haori a jacket to begin with? Or at least meant to be worn over clothing.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I had to look that one up, but I like styles like that. I generally wear very subdued colors, though. Unless I wear Indian clothing. Then all bets are off.

HoneyBlossom

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
1. Refined
2. cute and accessorized
3. attention-grabbing
4. Perhaps Trendy
5. comfortable and functional
6. stylish without being overdone
7. cheery, bright colors from nature, outdoorsy, fun, flirty
8. confident
9. relaxed

So in order is 729, I’m surprised that enneagram 7 describe my clothes very well but I won’t say flirty is my personality but clothes possibly describe very well. fun, depends of clothes not 100% lol :laugh: my description enneagram fashion style I wear mixed clothes depend of my moods. :)

Hermit of the Forest

Greetings humans • Hunting
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
9 - relaxed, repetitive, elements from nature, harmonious, bohemian

2 - romantic and strong, bold but soft, cute, accessorized, draws affection

6 - earthy, coordinating, stylish without being overdone, complementing

5 - nerdy, unnoticeable, comfortable, functional, bland but odd

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Yeah. Out of all of that, this is pretty much my wardrobe, mixed with the 1 description. I can dress up for a special occasion nicely, but other than that, it's very 9 oriented.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What is your personal style and how might you relate that to your type?

Do you think your enneagram type (including wing & instinctual stack!) influences your personal style of dress/grooming?

Do you think your MBTI type plays any role also?

Below is a page concerning enneagram type fashion styles. It's obviously a generalization, but I found it pretty decent when comparing it to people I know and their type.

Focus on the idea of how they are described as approaching dress/grooming over literal styles (as culture and location and job, etc, can influence this also). For instance, instead of taking "nerdy" too literally for the 5, see it as meaning there can be a bit of disinterest or obliviousness to appropriateness or attractiveness.

Blogger

Here's the very brief run-down for each:

1 - classic, simple, refined, geometric lines, minimalist, modest

3 - professional, well-tailored, american sportswear, attention-grabbing, preppy

4 - unique, vintage, edgy, often weird and random, trendy, clashing, raw

7 - cheery, bright colors from nature, outdoorsy, fun, flirty

8 - confident, stark, bold, well-constructed, precisely fitting, durable

I'd say 1, 6, 8, and 9 are most fitting for me. It's possible there's some 2 (minus extreme accessorizing - I hate extreme accessorizing- I accessorize like one element per outfit) but I wouldn't self-describe that way; I'm just guessing others might. I also ideally like to look attractive/ more form fitting stuff / tied to sexual appeal/drawing in. But not in an overt boobs-hanging-out way (besides, I lack that feature/ability, ha).

neko 4

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
I'm a 4 but I relate more to the 5 and 9 clothing styles.

Ameows

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am an 8 and I wear what is comfortable. Leggings, a vest and tons of jumpers because I'm always cold. I guess I'll be like a 1 or a 9 then?

Black Sun

I like black, gray, and white clothing. I'm drawn to minimalistic and futuristic fashion, and I love pieces with hoods that hide my face. I'll spend more money if the quality of the clothing or accessory seems worth it, but I try to stay within a budget. I've bought more than one of the same type of shirt in the same color since it was comfortable and flattered my shape. Doing that helped me to spend less time and energy on fashion. I own simple geometric and edgy earrings to add something more interesting to my look. For bottoms, I like black jeans and sometimes cargo or leather pants.

When I focus on my appearance more, I'm drawn to shirts that have something surreal or controversial on them, tech wear, and fetish fashion pieces. These kinds of things help me self express. I would like to add a cool latex shirt or body harness to my closet to enhance my style.

I can't be fucked most of the time to care about my appearance though. I usually end up wearing a dark outfit made up of jeans, a t shirt, a hoodie, sneakers or gothic boots, and earrings so that my piercing holes don't close up.

Do you think your enneagram type (including wing & instinctual stack!) influences your personal style of dress/grooming?

I think I dress like a stereotypical sp/sx 5 lol. Comfort and functionality are important and I like hoods that I can sort of hide in. I don't care much about how my appearance makes me come across or about putting a lot of effort into being fashionable usually. It is a drain on my time and energy to do so. I've been criticized before for looking disheveled. I don't care about my clothes looking rumpled sometimes, mind your business :p. I've gone to the store in pajamas and I don't see the big deal. It's a supermarket, not the red carpet.

I think the 4 wing makes me feel a lot of satisfaction when some part of my look sticks out amongst others and it encourages me to care about fashion and self expression. Sometimes I want to add something to my closet that I think is unique, represents my inner world, or I'm drawn to things with a "mysterious" vibe. Even though I don't put much effort into what I wear, I'm still concerned with aesthetics and I love the style that people like Dita Von Teese or Violet Chachki have (creative, dark, feminine) and I draw inspiration from them. Sometimes I focus a lot on creating an original look in my head. The sx draws me to clothing and accessories that excite me or just hit me with that "I HAVE to have that" feeling.

I can see a connection to my 6 wing making me go for shirts with something offensive, controversial, or counterculture on them to express an idea or to provoke and "troll" the viewer because of my curiosity about people and for entertainment. I think my dark clothes and hoods give off an antisocial vibe without me consciously intending to come across that way. I mean, I am reserved, but I'm not extremely antagonistic towards people and the social realm unless provoked. I just ignore that kind of stuff, I'm oblivious.

Sometimes the Ne makes me add something to my closet that is not consistent with my usual taste at all, like an elegant curve hugging dress. Recently I have been drawn to fantasy fashion and I wouldn't mind walking around looking like a sorceress these days.

Stuff I like from Pinterest

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sp

Pants wise, I either go for jeggings(especially black or grey) or patterned leggings. For my hair, I love using scrunchies. Shirt wise, I enjoy tunics, light sweaters, tank tops, and graphic or scoop tees. I'm not a big yellow person, but I like to wear almost every color-purple, black, shades of green, coral, wine, turquoise. I like glittery clothing and enjoy accents of gold or silver. Pattern wise, I really like anything bohemian. I usually like to wear a bit of jewelry, like bracelets or necklaces with little charms(like animals and gems). It's hard to really categorize my style cause I like so many things. I'm not really a fan of turtlenecks or a lot of collared shirts, but yeah. This meme sums it up though:

WsJuie8.jpg

Well, I like to look unique for sure, which is very 4. I do think a lot about if what I'm getting is unique or stands out when choosing clothes, being in plainer/brand name clothes feels wrong. I'm definitely keen on style, but I also try to dress for comfort(sp and 9 I'd say). I can be a bit sensitive to clingy fabrics.

I like Ne-Si shows in my fashion sense a lot. I've learned how to match colors pretty well, I just use the color wheel(I'd say that's Si?). I like to wear clothes that sort of transport me places-like to another time period or season or on just based off a certain thematics.

Blogger

Here's the very brief run-down for each:

3 - professional, well-tailored, American sportswear, attention-grabbing, preppy

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Going off just these types, it depends for me. I switch up my aesthetic quite a bit.

3 - professional, well-tailored, american sportswear, attention-grabbing, preppy

Pessimistic Hippie

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
"9 - relaxed, repetitive, elements from nature, harmonious, bohemian"

Like 99%. I'm not sure how much my Enneagram influences my fashion/I don't necessarily see the connection. I just like darker earthy tones/don't like bright colors at all, like to be comfortable, and I'm very minimalistic so I have few outfits (which might explain the repetitiveness.)

In my head, I'd dress like Amy Winehouse did here. I'm just too lazy to do more than grab the first few things I see at Walmart or the thrift store that compliment my shape fairly well. xD

3a1c3ef388b86ee987fad09c2b12f0bf.png

Indigo Rodent

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
1w9
My whole outer wardrobe is:

-Black baggy sweatpants.
-Black suspenders.
-Black or red T-shirts for going outside. White t-shirts for inside.
-Black sweater.
-Combat boots.
-Sandals.
-Black M65 Field Jacket
-Black beanie hat - thick
-Black beanie hat - thin
-Black sweat-absorbing headband.
-Dark green Trenchcoat I can't fit into but maybe one day I will.

I think I have successfully attained simplicity.