MBTI
    GONE

Mmm, another sign that I'm not an 8. :sigh:

4 - unique, vintage, edgy, often weird and random, trendy, clashing, raw

7 - cheery, bright colors from nature, outdoorsy, fun, flirty

9 - relaxed, repetitive, elements from nature, harmonious, bohemian

Yes, yes, and yes

8 - confident, stark, bold, well-constructed, precisely fitting, durable

Mmmmm........no. Not stark, not necessarily durable. Not really precisely fitting. I like tailored clothes but I seriously wear PJs during the day when I'm home. Some days, I want to walk around and do errands in my PJs and a hoody, the only reason I don't is I'm aware this could make me look like I just escaped a clinic.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

1, 6, and 5 when I was younger (though I know real fives that dress like a crumpled piece of crap, so if that's what they mean by "functional" and "bland" then no, I don't do that shit.) Mostly 1, though.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    GONE

I think by itself '5' doesn't mean anything for fashion. There are a lot of Ps as well as Js (I'm thinking spefically INTX) who are 5s. Fantasy archetypes of the old white wizard wearing a potato sack and mismatched shoes for comfort remind me of 5 fashion. But INTJs in general are clean and well-put together. I know a 5 who is a very sharp, well-put together dresser...most of the time...until he gets into t-shirt territory and then it's just I know another 5 who does the typical INTP "maybe I've been wearing this outfit for a week now I don't remember" shtick.

Wait:

5 - nerdy, unnoticeable, comfortable, functional, bland but odd

I take it back. It says nothing about 'clean-pressed' or 'frumpy' there. That sounds pretty accurate then.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Of all of those descriptions, a little bit of "1" and a little bit of "4", but mostly "6" and "9" descriptions fit my clothing taste. Earthy and nature colors, being the key words. I do have a few vintage looking Van Heusen brand short sleeve collar shirts. I love 1950's style vintage looking shirts like this >

http://lulusvintage.typepad.com/phot...8/penguin2.jpg

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

My clothing choices are... inconsistent, to say the least. So I associate with several of those. I generally wear things I like, regardless of style, though if I had to narrow it down I do gravitate towards more neutral, natural colours such as shades of brown, cream, and dark green, or clothing with abstract bird or animal motifs (or interesting designs such as what one might find on TeeFury or Threadless, for example). I also quite like blood red.

Shoe-wise, I own a lot of high heels as well as flats like Converse, but I can walk well in heels so they aren't as impractical as they might be.

I think I probably dress fairly plain. Comfortable things. Mostly jeans and t-shirts. Kind of hate jewelry. I don't like drawing too much attention. Sometimes there's something unique I'd like to wear, but I find some other clothing to play it down. I hate looking too square or neat though, like polo shirts and shit. If I have to dress up, it'll be a long sleeve button up. And I probably won't tuck it in (just because it's uncomfortable).

I'm probably 6.

Senor Membrae Eugene Watson VIII's Avatar
    MBTI
    iSFP
    Enneagram
    idk sp

Normally plain, not so bold but a bit odd. I guess comfort is the first thing

9, 4 then 5 in order, me is E9-4-?
    Myers-Briggs: xsFP

Enneagram: 9?-4wX?-5/6

~ People don't think it be like it is, but it do. ~

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    5 - nerdy, unnoticeable, comfortable, functional, bland but odd
    This pretty much serves as a good default for me. I do try to match, but I don't waste too much time thinking about it. I'll never take more than 5 minutes to get dressed. I will say though that I don't wear dirty or ripped clothes unless I'm doing physical work somewhere. If It's a special occasion though, I don't mind dressing up at all. I guess the 3 in my tritype kinda takes over :P

vvv also, skip to 0:15 :P vvv
    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNdgLIDTEv4"]What are you wearing?[/YOUTUBE]
    Enneagram: Type 5, Dual Wing, SX/SP Instinct, Tritype 5-3w2-9w8
    MBTI: INTP

Like a Baws

Introverted (I) 57.14% Extroverted (E) 42.86%
    Intuitive (N) 63.16% Sensing (S) 36.84%
    Thinking (T) 70.37% Feeling (F) 29.63%
    Perceiving (P) 56.61% Judging (J) 43.39%

Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so

Oh boy, I'm so glad I stumbled on this thread! Reading the responses was quite interesting.

I couldn't read the blog post b/c it's private now, but going from the OP:

What is your personal style and how might you relate that to your type?
    My style is very much vintage 40's and 50's, along with some modern elements, lots of novelty prints and mixing of hard/soft (true to the predicted for a 4). All through middle and high school I used what I wore to express myself loudly, heck I even had green Dr. Martins in 4th grade (with rainbow laces). In High School my style started to become more vintage, (and less "loud for the sake of being loud") as I became fascinated with history. I was raised watching TCM in a house full of antiques though, so I suppose that was inevitable.

I relate my style to my type a lot, my main motive for dressing differently was because I felt different and had a very prideful distaste for the popular. I think part of it is linked to self worth too, as a teen I felt that my individuality was my value (which of course, now I know is not true).

Do you think your enneagram type (including wing & instinctual stack!) influences your personal style of dress/grooming?
    Yes. As I already said above, feeling different caused a desire to outwardly express that to others. One of the main reasons (besides upbringing) that pulled me to vintage/historical fashion is the genuine story there-- the fact that each garment has lived a least one entire lifetime before me. As a 4, I find that anything that has a real, true story intruiges me. There is of course the creative aspect of 4's that also plays into my style in a giant way! Though I can be a pretty serious/intense individual, I love to wear a variety of colors and novelty prints (not all at once though). Sometimes I feel like Ms. Frizzle, but I'm okay with that.

The trademark 4 envy/competitiveness doesn't affect my style as an adult, and I'm actually often sad that I don't have more vintage-minded friends. As a teen though, I would be very cold toward anyone who "copied" me. Oh, well. Past is past. I must admit though, one of the perks to wearing authentic vintage (I'm not talking vintage-inspired reproduction. Real vintage that some doll wore in 1943) is that each peice is usually one-of-a-kind. This guarantees that no one else will be wearing what I'm wearing (Ack, my 4 is showing ).

My 5 wing does play a part I believe, in adding a hardness to my otherwise femine style. Because I wear a dress or skirt literally 90% of the time, I (who was a tomboy my entire childhood) feel the need to mix in hard/masculine details for balance (with my personality perhaps?). Be that my favorite leather, 20's-inspired motorcycle boots, more severe hairstyle or a collar on my shirt or dress.

I guess my sx/sp plays a bit into my style too. Perhaps I'll blame red lipstain on sx, and my indifference to others opinions of my style on sp!

Do you think your MBTI type plays any role also?
    Probably! I'm pretty new to the MBTI and just solidified my type this week. After I'm confident in my knowledge about it, perhaps I'll come back and ammend this section.
    Find my Enneagram writing here. Also, I'd love for you to take my six question Enneagram surveyEnneagram survey!✨

brainheart

I'd say INFP so/sx four comes into play big time with my clothing choices.

As a kid I sewed all of my clothes, so no one had clothes like me. Everyone else was very label conscious and I think something about no label appealed to me tremendously. (And it's fun to sew.) That said, most of my patterns were Esprit (very cool mid eighties) so there was an element of fashion awareness to it, but instead of just wearing the clothes I took the designs and changed them. (I should add that from 1st- 12th grade I wore a school uniform, so the special days where we didn't wear them, I really felt like I needed to come out with something personally expressive and unique to wear.)

As far as now goes, everything I buy comes from thrift stores- it's pretty much been that way since high school. Part of that has to do with environmental concerns, part of it has to do with being poor and not wanting to waste money on clothes, but mainly it has to do with getting something unique and interesting. You go to a regular store and there will be a rack of the exact same thing. It feels more like they're telling you what to wear. I find that incredibly off-putting.

I have my days where I really want to make a statement with how I dress and I'll go all out. Other times I want to kind of disappear. I don't want to disappear too much, though. I get depressed if I look too normal. When I'm feeling especially like I don't want anyone to talk to me I wear my glasses and black t-shirt with the scary monster face on it. (I actually call this my antisocial 5w4 shirt, har.)

I have some clothing rules:

No sweatpants or workout clothes. (I hate to even wear work out clothes when exercising. It's a major personal struggle that keeps me from doing a lot of things, because I don't want to don the gear, ha ha. I think a lot of this has to do with living in an extremely casual, fitness-oriented, exercise clothes-wearing town. I mean, don't you have anything other than yoga pants, barefoot shoes, and fleece jackets?) I really don't want to wear the official town uniform.

NO RUNNING SHOES AND JEANS. (shudder)

No shoes that destroy my feet, but no ugly shoes. (This one is really tricky.)

No standard shape t-shirts. (I have to alter them in some way.)

Nothing overly trendy. I like to wear a subtle mixture of avant garde, indifference, dark, weird, and classic. But as I type this, I am wearing something incredibly boring. You may not think this from reading it, but I don't like to give what I wear too much thought. I actually wear many things until they completely fall apart.