MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post

6 - earthy, coordinating, stylish without being overdone, complementing
    Pretty accurate for me except I'm not sure about the "earthy" part. Comfort is extremely important. I wear somewhat conservative clothes but with a dash of color/style. So like last night going out to dinner, I wore olive wool pants (very comfortable wool), a pink button down oxford and a really nice blue sport coat with a subtle pattern.

Around the house, I wear sweats and sometimes PJ bottoms with a T-shirt.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I wear black. It's functional, stylish, & lastly symbolic. Pinks, blues. Earth tones. Plastic sunglasses with holographic dollar signs on the lens. Karate robes, sandals.
    RCUAI
    ---------
    "Man is free, but his freedom ceases when he has no faith in it."

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

It's also interesting to look at this from a tri-type perspective.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

lol, this thread makes me feel like those people on "What Not to Wear" that are asked to describe their "style."

"Busy functional casual chic!" (aka old and too big).

I have a few things that I keep around for a while that I will wear regularly and fallback outfits for special occasions. Otherwise I learned that I'm uncomfortable in most trends or anything too flashy and I like to be comfortable. Jeans and a teeshirt is fine. Can't make it through the extended descriptions, but with the general vibe I would say I dress like a 5,6, or 9. Colors tend to be white, blue, green, or pastels (pink, blue, lavender, light yellow.) I've put on shirts backwards so many times that my only really big habit is to make sure I look in the mirror before I leave the house.

It doesn't appear to be influenced by my etype since I honestly don't think about it that much, I rarely use clothing as a form of expression unless the situation REALLY calls for it. (Like an interview.)
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by SubtleFighter View Post
    I also think the 6 description leaves out the counter-phobic variety. I have, in counter-phobic moods, went to places deliberately wearing something I knew would attract attention for being inappropriate.
    I think the description fails to go into the counterphobic traits that can come through, true, beyond the last sentence anyway, which was something of an afterthought: "Yes, there is the exception to this for those anti-authoritarian Sixes who may actually appear more like Fours in their personal style".

A strong 7 wing + counterphobic traits in a 6 may create a stronger interest in novelty & rebellious styles.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomenclature View Post
    Layering? No, thanks. I prefer bright, form-fitting clothes in solid colors. Lots of short shorts and skirts with long socks. Dance apparel stores and American Apparel are perfect.

I'm a 3wSomething SX. You really could go either way.
    The working of dance apparel into your wardrobe seems connected to the idea of 3s sporting athletic wear. I think it's about the 3 taking a professional/performing approach to their dress. In casual situations, working athletic clothing into their style seems like they're being a professional at leisure also. They must be accomplishing or working towards accomplishing something, and clothing that is vaguely athletic is casual while still proclaiming "activity". There is also a kind of "body consciousness" aspect to the athletic choices.

My e3w4 ex liked to be very polished and dressy (he hated drabness & frump), but in very casual situations, he tended to wear athletic inspired stuff. I found it kind of odd & out of place with his general look, but when I read the 3 description it clicked.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    i'm always somewhat dressy but still casual...right now i'm wearing a pretty dress over jeans and ballet flats. i don't change my outfits much in the winter i just wear what i wear in the summer but put put it over jeans and grab a lil sweater haha

i do like layers and interesting prints...i guess you could say i lean a bit bohemian...which i guess fits the 9 description more??
    I don't think bohemian can be taken too literally for a 9. 9s are often imaginative and creative, and this might manifest in a variety of ways. Although the description says they tend to adopt existing looks that strike them as interesting, as opposed to crafting some unique identity. I think the bohemian aspect could stem from wearing clothing associated with creative scenes that they like & want to fit in with. I know an ISFP 9 who does this whole rockabilly pin-up retro look, and while it's not original, she's "different" from the average person still. It doesn't seem to be about identity expressing as with a 4, but just adopting stuff she likes for its surface value.

Anyhow, long ramble made short - bohemian styles could be sported by many types.

The long descriptions also note 2, 4, and 9 as some of the most adventurous dressers, but I'd put 7 in there too (and other descriptions note this for 7s also) because they seem to enjoy exploring novelty and standing out. I could see 7s liking the playfulness and non-conventional aspects of a bohemian look. I think e7 Drew Barrymore has that going on.

Aren't you a 7, or am I thinking of someone else?

Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    what about nudist?

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Pretty accurate for me except I'm not sure about the "earthy" part. Comfort is extremely important. I wear somewhat conservative clothes but with a dash of color/style. So like last night going out to dinner, I wore olive wool pants (very comfortable wool), a pink button down oxford and a really nice blue sport coat with a subtle pattern.

Around the house, I wear sweats and sometimes PJ bottoms with a T-shirt.
    I think earthy doesn't mean colors or specific style, but a down-to-earth approach. The 6 probably does not like to be pretentious or contrived, and they may see injecting more meaning into their clothing beyond its practical purpose as just that.
    Of course, practical purpose may include some aesthetic appeal or association with some group/idea they like, but it's not identity-driven like it is with types in the heart triad.

Quote Originally Posted by FunnyDigestion View Post
    I wear black. It's functional, stylish, & lastly symbolic.
    "I wear black on the outside 'cause black is how I feel on the inside."

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    It doesn't appear to be influenced by my etype since I honestly don't think about it that much, I rarely use clothing as a form of expression unless the situation REALLY calls for it. (Like an interview.)
    The influence doesn't have to be conscious - & unless you've analyzed, likely is not - as the emotional motivations of an enneagram type are not always conscious in themselves.
    Last edited by OrangeAppled; 02-05-2012 at 01:56 PM. Reason: I can't finish my sentences anymore...
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Anew Leaf

eh, i agree with @senza_tema... they all look the same except for colors and some accessories.

i wear what i like and like what i wear. that's my philosophy on clothes. be it bright bold colors, or the land of comfort, or something hilarious like a "anything not related to elephants is irrelephant" t-shirt, etc.

i have to dress nicer for work... dress pants, shirts/sweaters if it's winter, nice tops if it's not...

casual depends on what i am doing. if it's my standard hobo in the house mode then it's likely to be yoga pants and a tank top.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

The influence doesn't have to be conscious - & unless you've analyzed, likely is not - as the emotional motivations of an enneagram type are not always conscious in themselves.
    Well, I suppose I agree. If you put it that way, that means I dress like a 5 or maybe a 4 depending. (Want to be recognized for my mind or my words, personality or even my face, but not my clothing choice.) That's my normal style of dress, however I really like some of the clothes they showed in the pictures, I like to look at clothes if they are put in front of me or think about wearing them. (That red dress of the twos!!) Very cute. But then I can't seem to want to actually put the nice clothing style business into practice and am not very good at it.

(Edit: or maybe a 9- "just whatever".)
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

I think the description fails to go into the counterphobic traits that can come through, true, beyond the last sentence anyway, which was something of an afterthought: "Yes, there is the exception to this for those anti-authoritarian Sixes who may actually appear more like Fours in their personal style".

A strong 7 wing + counterphobic traits in a 6 may create a stronger interest in novelty & rebellious styles.

The working of dance apparel into your wardrobe seems connected to the idea of 3s sporting athletic wear. I think it's about the 3 taking a professional/performing approach to their dress. In casual situations, working athletic clothing into their style seems like they're being a professional at leisure also. They must be accomplishing or working towards accomplishing something, and clothing that is vaguely athletic is casual while still proclaiming "activity". There is also a kind of "body consciousness" aspect to the athletic choices.

My e3w4 ex liked to be very polished and dressy (he hated drabness & frump), but in very casual situations, he tended to wear athletic inspired stuff. I found it kind of odd & out of place with his general look, but when I read the 3 description it clicked.

I don't think bohemian can be taken too literally for a 9. 9s are often imaginative and creative, and this might manifest. Although the description says they tend to adopt existing looks that strike them as interesting, as opposed to crafting some unique identity. I think the bohemian aspect could stem from wearing clothing associated with creative scenes that they like & want to fit in with. I know an ISFP 9 who does this whole rockabilly pin-up retro look, and while it's not original, she's "different" from the average person still. It doesn't seem to be about identity expressing as with a 4, but just adopting stuff she likes for its surface value.

Anyhow, long ramble made short - bohemian styles could be sported by many types.

The long descriptions also note 2, 4, and 9 as some of the most adventurous dressers, but I'd put 7 in there too (and other descriptions note this for 7s also) because they seem to enjoy exploring novelty and standing out. I could see 7s liking the playfulness and non-conventional aspects of a bohemian look. I think e7 Drew Barrymore has that going on.

Aren't you a 7, or am I thinking of someone else?

I think earthy doesn't mean colors or specific style, but a down-to-earth approach. The 6 probably does not like to be pretentious or contrived, and they may see injecting more meaning into their clothing beyond its practical purpose as just that.
    Of course, practical purpose may include some aesthetic appeal or association with some group/idea they like, but it's not identity-driven like it is with types in the heart triad.

"I wear black on the outside 'cause black is how I feel on the inside."

i am a 7 yeah...and that makes a lot of sense.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

The suggestions for 9 don't really fit...hmm.... definitely not boho.

My style is self-expressive, though. Everything says something about me in one way or another. I've always had long hair and always will have long hair. I have extremely pale skin and keep it that way. I wear black, with splashes of burgundy/dark pink/rose, true red, and white - all symbolic colors to me. Occasionally I'll wear navy blue or forest green or burgundy/raspberry. I make a lot of my own jewelry, and it tends to be dainty/romantic, and not chunky/edgy/trendy. I keep my natural nails long, either french manicure or painted raspberry color. Dunno what else to say.