• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Fairy Tales and Instinctuals

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sp - The princess from The Princess and the Pea.
300px-PrincessAndThePea.jpg

Can there be a more obvious metaphor for an Instinctual type in a fairy tale?

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Could include Goldilocks and the Three Bears for sp too.

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I meant the fairy tale, not the ugly duckling character. Not Sx given the theme of beauty from ugliness?

It could be sx... or so... depending on which angle you take it. Sx if it's beauty from ugliness like you suggested... or so for social acceptance.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It could be sx... or so... depending on which angle you take it. Sx if it's beauty from ugliness like you suggested... or so for social acceptance.

Ok, maybe Sx/So.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Got any evidence/rationale to suggest this? :)

lots of 6w7s Sx/So's who are famous say where nothing like they are now when they were a kid. out of place, lost confused, stumbling around, but then when their confidence emerges their Sx/So colors finally come out and all of a sudden you now have Lady Gaga, Amy Winehouse and Kylie Minogue
Edit: it also applies frequently to 6w7 Sx/Sp like Angelina Jolie and Ozzy Ozbourne

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
lots of 6w7s Sx/So's who are famous say where nothing like they are now when they were a kid. out of place, lost confused, stumbling around, but then when their confidence emerges their Sx/So colors finally come out and all of a sudden you now have Lady Gaga, Amy Winehouse and Kylie Minogue
Edit: it also applies frequently to 6w7 Sx/Sp like Angelina Jolie and Ozzy Ozbourne

Basically having the blossoming effect of one's personality... starting off kind of anxious/nervous and confused about where their place is with others, and then finally emerging past that anxiety. I can see how this is possible for the fairy tale in question.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Basically having the blossoming effect of one's personality... starting off kind of anxious/nervous and confused about where their place is with others, and then finally emerging past that anxiety. I can see how this is possible for the fairy tale in question.

the classic "Zero to Hero" tale is definitely about a 6w7, and Sx first makes it more intense and dramatic

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
@effboy so you researched the character then?

no research required. for one with knowledge of 6w7 Sx, it's easily apparent

G

Ginkgo

The coolest thing about sx is that it's one of the hardest motherfuckers to sufficiently stereotype.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
no research required. for one with knowledge of 6w7 Sx, it's easily apparent

That makes sense for me because I identified with him when i was a kid. The sexual subtype of 6 "Strength & Beauty" is obvious. He also display the Social subtype, he really wants to fit in and stay loyal from his groups for years and never give up. He is probably a Loyalist.

However, when I read about the Social 4, it seems to me that Social 4 felt like Ugly Duckling and performed that image. The difference with the character of the tale is that he work with an actual situation and don't try to perform an image especially.

A tale for the Social 4 is Beauty & The Beast, The Beast is a 4w3 So/Sx.

[youtube=__x8CYAVMbk]Beauty and The Beast Prologue (English)[/youtube]

At the begining of the film, the prince is completely in his style of the Arsitocrat, and is on his security point, the 1: he is full of pride, sees him as an aesthete, has a delicate taste, he's arrogant and selfish and as a Social 4w3, he lives a fantastical and genteel mundane life. Then he become the beast, and show the other side of the Social 4: a melancholic and reclusive freak who alternate between outburst of anger and depression. He is cycolthimic and struggle about his image, between the freak and the aristocrat. He also dream about a romatic relationship which fills him and is a true tragico-romantic.

[youtube=ms05La1pDIU]Beauty and the Beast - The Transformation[/youtube]

Also, as a prince he reminds me the 4w3 Sx/So George Michael, especially from the video clip of Careless Whisper:

[youtube=izGwDsrQ1eQ]George Michael - Careless Whisper[/youtube]

So, The beast is a true Social 4, and an Aristocrat, the Ugly Duckling is more The Buddy.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=5356]Speed Gavroche[/MENTION]
you have a point, I could see either 4w3 So/Sx or 6w7 Sx

Chiharu

MBTI Type