• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Social-Last One

Cloud of Thunder

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Since at least one poster has thought of this...

Ones tend to be characterized/stereotyped as moralistic and judgmental in the public eye, like the proverbial Church Lady or Mr./Mrs. Manners. As I said in my other recent thread, this is the main reason why people are hesitant to identify as One because they seem like square killjoys.

I wonder if the Martha Stewart/Gandhi image of Ones applies mainly to Social-first or -second Ones. How does the Ones' desire for perfection or correctness appear for a Sp/Sx or a Sx/Sp? Does the 9-wing or 2-wing play a role in this?

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
i think my grandma is an 1w2 ISFJ. i'm not sure of her stacking - maybe sp/sx. she's very detail oriented and perfectionistic, and likes people to stay within the lines, so to speak. she's incredibly sweet and gentle but you DO follow her rules. you just do, it's not a question. and she will tell you when you are not doing things right. but otherwise she is a warm, very huggable person. she keeps her house in tiptop shape despite being almost 90 and still helps run her social club. she's not very moralistic or judgmental, she just likes things to be the way they should be.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The social-last 1 repress his guts to conform with "the right thing to do", just that that emotional habits does'nt apply to the need to fix "what is wrong" in the social sphere in priority.

1w9 Sp/Sx: George Harrisson, Harisson Ford, Mr Freeze,...
1w9 Sx/Sp: Gregory Peck, Harry Potter, Leryl Streep,...
1w2 Sp/Sx: Ralph Nader, Kurt Loder, Deborah Madison,...
1w2 Sx/Sp: Diana Rigg, Cyclops from X-Men, Nathalie Portman,...

Cloud of Thunder

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
The social-last 1 repress his guts to conform with "the right thing to do", just that that emotional habits does'nt apply to the need to fix "what is wrong" in the social sphere in priority.

1w9 Sp/Sx: George Harrisson, Harisson Ford, Mr Freeze,...
1w9 Sx/Sp: Gregory Peck, Harry Potter, Leryl Streep,...
1w2 Sp/Sx: Ralph Nader, Kurt Loder, Deborah Madison,...
1w2 Sx/Sp: Diana Rigg, Cyclops from X-Men, Nathalie Portman,...
How do they know what "the right thing to do" is if it doesn't come from the social sphere?

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
How do they know what "the right thing to do" is if it doesn't come from the social sphere?

The style of personality of the 1 usually start to forge during his ealy childhood by internalizing parental critic. They do the right thing to do to anticipate this critic. Their conviction is that "there's a good way and a wrong way to do everything", and this "good way" is found toward instinctive action and repression of the needs. Not necessarly toward the social sphere.

•Palmer's Description "The Perfectionist"

Enneagram Type 1s, Perfectionists, have a grounded, bodily presence. They are perfectionistic and controlled. The superego, or the values learned and internalized throughout life, runs the show. This type has a strong need to do the right thing without compromise. They have high moral standards and principles, and are hard workers.

There can be an undercurrent of frustration and resentment, and Ones can be highly critical of themselves and others. Usually Ones don’t realize the extent of their anger and resentment, although others are usually aware of it. Ones tend to hide their anger behind “shoulds": “You should do that because it’s right,” “You shouldn’t do that because it’s wrong.”

There's nothing in this description which says that 1s necessarly want to be enlarged and empowered toward a larger sphere, which is what the Social instinct is about. hat being said, the Social subtype is the most current among 1s, especially So/Sp.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
No idea why an explanation calls for ubiquitous typings, but whatever.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm a Sx/Sp type 1.

Regarding where my stereotypical type 1 tendencies go, they tend to go into philosophy, particularly understanding cosmology and morality in the philosophical sense and then assessing myself and working on how I can manifest that philosophy correctly. It is, of course, also heavily focused on interpersonal relationships. Am I good enough for a relationship? Why is it so hard to find someone who I'd be comfortable having a relationship with? What kind of relationship dynamic is healthy or not? This should all make sense, really, because the things I've described to not fundamentally require me to evoke anything particularly social. I do happen to have been a sociology major in college, and some people wonder how an asocial sociologist makes sense, but I think that reveals a lack of understanding about sociology or what it means to be social (but that's for another topic).

I'm quite familiar with the stereotype you describe, but I think it's very odd that it emerged. The profile of a type 1 is comprised of all kinds of personal traits that never need involve social activism or monitoring, and I think can rather obviously be re-applied to just about anything else. I don't know what steers people toward thinking of it in the strictly social manner.

For those who cling tot he stereotype, I'd suggest reading Helen Palmer's description of a type 1, and if you still can't imagine a type 1 in a non-social context, then... I don't what the hell's wrong with you and I can't help.