User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Default The Coolest and Uncoolest Enneagram Types

There's been a lot of talk about certain types being overrepresented and mistyped on forums on the Internet, like the 4 or 5. I think they are, because of incomplete or misleading descriptions of both types. I also think on some level, they are seen as the "coolest" types. Who isn't drawn to the silent and mysterious romantic, or the antiestablishment genius? Who wouldn't want to be trendy and unique? On the flip side, I think there are certain other types that aren't as enamored, mainly the 1. After all, who wants to be Mr./Ms. Manners?

Anyway, which types do you think are seen as the coolest, and which are the uncoolest?

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

I think there are genuinely lots of 4's and 5's on the internet. First of all, it's an introverted place to be. For fours, a site like this can be a place to indulge in the brokenness and figure out their own uniqueness. While in reality, they can just be the dumb emo person who doesn't get a whole lot done, crying on their diary and burning their wrist with cigarettes. They can find people "who understand them" online. Fives have tons and tons of benefit to using the internet. "Knowledge seekers." There is lots of knowledge to be had online. IRL, on the outside, unless they are the "mysterious and brooding" actor or playwright type, they may just come off as plain and boring. That being said, everyone else has their reasons for using the web. Ranging from productivity to introversion to loneliness and boredom. I think there's certain types of people who are naturally going to spend time there. You wouldn't find a five gaining as much from being at a church supper. (Not saying it doesn't happen, I'm just saying it's less likely.)

Rambling aside:
    To me,
    coolest type: 3. I just respect their ambition and ability to act on their desires and get things moving. (I know their desires aren't always 'truly' their desires and could just be putting on a show, however they have a quality that I would love to possess naturally.)

Worst type: 9. I like hanging out with them and talking to them in reality. But I wouldn't want to be known as one primarily since they don't appear to have as strong of an identity according to type descriptions. It's the only type I would have an aversion to adopting for myself. Since sixes are really common, and "unique and different" is more desired around these parts, 6 could be viewed as lame too. I think they have a lot to them, there are just so many of them. Nobody here wants to be part of a "herd."

But that's circular thinking. Do we not want to be part of a herd so we're fours? Or are we fours so we don't want to be part of a herd?
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I agree that type 9 can appear rather 'uncool' for not having as strong of an identity. Sixes can appear 'uncool' for the reasons you stated. Counterphobic sixes, I think would appear more 'cool' for being more likely to go against the herd and overcome their fears.

I think 4, 7, 8 appear most 'cool' on the surface. 5 can be cool just for being independent and different but too often they are perceived as being more nerdy sorts.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I would actually put 3 in the uncool category, because there is a perceived lack of "realness" and moral conviction that 3s put off, as opposed to the 4 and 5, which are seen as more authentic.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    I agree that type 9 can appear rather 'uncool' for not having as strong of an identity. Sixes can appear 'uncool' for the reasons you stated. Counterphobic sixes, I think would appear more 'cool' for being more likely to go against the herd and overcome their fears.

I think 4, 7, 8 appear most 'cool' on the surface. 5 can be cool just for being independent and different but too often they are perceived as being more nerdy sorts.
    more like 3s, 7s and 8s. 4s are perceived as emo and spazzy much of the time
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Enneagram types people like to think they are online: 5 for INTs (I'm smart, therefore I'm a 5), 4 for INFXs (I'm special, therefore I'm a 4). But as Sns mentioned, these types tend to be naturally overrepresented on typology forums.
    Enneagrams people don't like identifying themselves as: 1(''square''),6(''common''),9(''lukewarm'').
    2,3,7,8 tend to get mixed reactions...it helps that their good qualities are more emphasized.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Type 9 is the coolest imho. They just don't care about society's expectations that much, are very malleable but often have unique taste (if you dig a bit deeper), and can become really independent if they're encouraged a bit.
    Secondo coolest would be type 7, we are naturally really cool, spontaneous and extraverted, however we can be materialistic and excessively attached to whatever we like at any given moment, which can render us extremely clingy and uncool.

Least cool: 3. Living a life according to what society (or your personal idea of success) tells you to do seems like the least cool way to live; I mean, we only live once, so we need to exploit every opportunity, and placing such boundaries on one's own behavior seems terribly uncool.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    N/A

If I had to choose...

Coolest:

Healthy 3s. Healthy 2s are nice (and I really want one), but 3s are just cool. They are like the definition of a self made man.

Least Cool:

All of the unhealthy "positive attitude" types. That means 9, 7, and 2. Willful ignorance that they are causing suffering.
    I don't see any invisible treasure chests.

• MBTI? ISTJ
    • Enneagram? 6 with a strong 7 wing
    • Brony? Yes
    • Stereotypes?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Almost all 1 descriptions suck. They talk about Martha Stewart or Gandhi or accountants or some shit. Thus, people don't like to identify as 1s. I've seen a great deal of 1s on the internet mistest as 8s.

On the internet, people like being 4s and 5s, sometimes 6s. This can be a result of both overrepresentation and romanticization. In real life 3s and 7s tend to get the most attention.
    1w9 sx/sp
    A little song, a little dance, a little seltzer down your pants.

All that is gold does not glitter
    Not all those who wander are lost

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by mujigay View Post
    Almost all 1 descriptions suck. They talk about Martha Stewart or Gandhi or accountants or some shit. Thus, people don't like to identify as 1s. I've seen a great deal of 1s on the internet mistest as 8s.
    I have in mind another idea for a thread about this. It seems that almost all descriptions about the One are biased towards the Social-first or -second One. I wonder if they're dramatically different from the Sx/Sp or Sp/Sx One?