MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

cool and uncool.

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet
    6 could be viewed as lame too. I think they have a lot to them, there are just so many of them. Nobody here wants to be part of a "herd."
    i hear this a lot, but in my own life i don't even know that many 6s. nor online. shit, i'd like some more of us around.

i like what @Rasofy pointed out...

Enneagram types people like to think they are online: 5 for INTs (I'm smart, therefore I'm a 5), 4 for INFXs (I'm special, therefore I'm a 4). [...] Enneagrams people don't like identifying themselves as: 1(''square''),6(''common''),9(''lukewarm'').
    4 seems to be quite popular online, as does 5... 7 is the "happy and productive" type so that's fairly well represented... 8 takes care of business... 9 is cool in the laid back sort of way. and sx is all popular because people think it sounds awesome to be sexy, even though that's not what the torment of sx is about.

i think 1, 2, 3, and 6 are more questionable. online, at least. IRL 3, 7w8, and 8 are probably the "coolest". throw 2w3 in there too, especially the ladies.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post

cool and uncool.

i hear this a lot, but in my own life i don't even know that many 6s. nor online. shit, i'd like some more of us around.

i like what @Rasofy pointed out...

4 seems to be quite popular online, as does 5... 7 is the "happy and productive" type so that's fairly well represented... 8 takes care of business... 9 is cool in the laid back sort of way. and sx is all popular because people think it sounds awesome to be sexy, even though that's not what the torment of sx is about.

i think 1, 2, 3, and 6 are more questionable. online, at least. IRL 3, 7w8, and 8 are probably the "coolest". throw 2w3 in there too, especially the ladies.
    You don't know many sixes? I've met tons of them, (or at least people who I think are sixes.) It's not really a bias of mine in real life (aka I'm not walking around saying BORING! IT'S A SIX) But I did notice a lot of them around in general if I'm typing them correctly.

I don't get why 5 is cool online. I always think that 5's have a tougher path in society. I figured 5's come to the internet because they shine here more than they do IRL. (I agree there may be some "I'm smart therefore I'm a five" stuff going on) But I think there could be a lot of "I'm having trouble IRL so I go online where I can talk to people like myself."
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Enneagram types people like to think they are online: 5 for INTs (I'm smart, therefore I'm a 5), 4 for INFXs (I'm special, therefore I'm a 4). But as Sns mentioned, these types tend to be naturally overrepresented on typology forums.
    Enneagrams people don't like identifying themselves as: 1(''square''),6(''common''),9(''lukewarm'').
    2,3,7,8 tend to get mixed reactions...it helps that their good qualities are more emphasized.
    Blah, I like 8, 9, and 1. But that is because 8 and 1's sound like the types to do something about "it." 9's sound like they are willing to relax as opposed to the "crazy" antics of 7.

To put it in a strange way
    8: I don't take your ----
    9: I don't care about your ----
    1: Don't give me your ----

garbage

Define "cool." I think people here are taking it to mean "best," but I don't think that's what you mean.

I would think 3, almost by definition. They kind of watch for what's "cool" to others and try to portray it, don't they? If other types are cool, it is almost purely accidental.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Rail Tracer View Post
    Blah, I like 8, 9, and 1. But that is because 8 and 1's sound like the types to do something about "it." 9's sound like they are willing to relax as opposed to the "crazy" antics of 7.

To put it in a strange way
    8: I don't take your ----
    9: I don't care about your ----
    1: Don't give me your ----
    Might you take a look at my Social-last 1 thread? Apparently, they're pretty rare.

The coolest is probably nine. Nine is said to withdraw and cool is a certain aloofness.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    I would think 3, almost by definition. They kind of watch for what's "cool" to others and try to portray it, don't they? If other types are cool, it is almost purely accidental.
    Be careful with that wording. This seems to lean a bit to the 3w2 side. 3w4 would be a little more of trying to be what their idea of cool is.
    I don't see any invisible treasure chests.

• MBTI? ISTJ
    • Enneagram? 6 with a strong 7 wing
    • Brony? Yes
    • Stereotypes?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    Define "cool." I think people here are taking it to mean "best," but I don't think that's what you mean.

that is sooo not cool tho! haha is that what they do? i don't like it..
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Homer: So I realized that being with my family is more important than being cool.
    Bart: Dad, what you just said was powerfully uncool.
    Homer: You know what the song says: "It's hip to be square."
    Lisa: That song is so lame.
    Homer: So lame that it's... cool?
    Bart and Lisa: No.
    Marge: Am I cool, kids?
    Marge: Good. I'm glad. And that's what makes me cool—not caring, right?
    Marge: Well, how the hell do you be cool? I feel like we've tried everything here.
    Homer: Wait, Marge. Maybe if you're truly cool, you don't need to be told you're cool.
    Bart: Well, sure you do.
    Lisa: How else would you know?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I think we see an overabundance of self-typed 4s, 5s and 8s on the internet and even in the Enneagram community at large because those are the types the masses would prefer to be. I think 1, 3 and 6 all get the worst wrap for their undesirableness. Uptight, fake or mindless follower. Nobody wants to be a type that gets slapped with labels like that.
    Sometimes, the only realists are the dreamers. - Paul Wellstone