User Tag List

View Poll Results: What is your Enneagram type?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1w9

5 8.06%
  • 1w2

6 9.68%
  • 2w1

0 0%
  • 2w3

0 0%
  • 3w2

0 0%
  • 3w4

1 1.61%
  • 4w3

2 3.23%
  • 4w5

19 30.65%
  • 5w4

9 14.52%
  • 5w6

4 6.45%
  • 6w5

6 9.68%
  • 6w7

3 4.84%
  • 7w6

0 0%
  • 7w8

0 0%
  • 8w7

0 0%
  • 8w9

2 3.23%
  • 9w8

2 3.23%
  • 9w1

3 4.84%
12311 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Default INFJs: what's your enneagram type?

i don't really relate to most of the INFJs here. i feel like just using Ni and Fe doesn't necessarily put us all in the same personality category; this is probably due to different coping mechanisms, blah blah.

i've seen many generalizations about INFJs that everyone seems to agree upon that haven't applied to me at all. maybe this is more of an enneagram thing?

i'm an enneatype 1 sx/sp. i have strong wings in both directions (i grew up with a 9 wing, but a trauma at about age 18 brought out a 2 wing as well.)

what are your enneagram types?

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Four and/or Nine. I've a taken the test a few times and I'm not sure but several of the descriptions fit me, particularly Four and Nine.

MBTI
    INFJ

If everyone seems to agree on them as an INFJ trait then I would consider exploring your type further. Not all traits are in all people of the same type, but when the list adds up then this should stir up some concern. While we can't take anything one person says as factual, when multiple people agree on its truth it is usually appropriate to explore it further. One of the claims the MBTI makes is that people of the same type have more in common than what meets the eye. If you have little in common with INFJs you should point out what exactly makes you think you are an INFJ and why. (I'm not asking you to post this for me to see; this should be a personal exploration.) Sometimes it's easier to identify yourself by looking at the negative sides of a type.

Now to be on topic I'm a 4w5. I've heard of a lot of INFJs that are 4w5 (though most certainly not all of them!).

I like the element of mysticism the Enneagram has. When I read "What's My Type?", I immediately knew I was a 4 when reading the 10 bullets at the beginning of the section. It then went on to describe my personality development as a journey and identified hardships in myself that I am bound to encounter... and I have. Too bad this kind of personality typology isn't acceptable to our "modern" age since it lacks proof of its effectiveness.

For those who aren't clear about their type, Identifying Your Personality Type : The Wisdom of the Enneagram was helpful to me way back when I was first trying to identify my type. I normally identified myself as a 1w9, but I see why I am not now. Scroll to the very bottom and take the 2-question test without cheating. I would read the questions slowly so you don't jump to inaccurate conclusions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Enneagram 4w5 social

MBTI
    INFJ

I took an enneagram test and came out as a four with balanced wings. It has been so hard for me to face the less-than-flattering aspects of Fourishness and claim them as my own. I have bought "The Wisdom of the Enneagram" to aid me in my spiritual life and personal growth.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

well, i know for sure i'm an INFJ. i'm the most 'T' F i know, though. the rational description fits me much better than the idealist one.

but i definitely have Ni, Fe, Ti. my Ti is very powerful, though -- enough to separate me from most INFJs. although it's in the tertiary position, it's more developed and strong than Fe for me.

anyway, what i'm trying to get at is that your first two cognitive functions don't necessarily reveal that much about motivation -- that's much more of an enneagram thing.

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

I'm not exactly sure what my enneagram type is... I bounce all over the place.

4w5 might be the closest...
    although I also am high on 2 and 6.

MBTI
    Zzzz

Well, as wedekit said, I'm a 4w5 as well...I used to wonder if I were a 9 or a 5as well until I bought the book he mentions. I enjoyed it. Try it out if you haven't.

I relate to some INFJs here and some I don't...and some I think are mistyped anyway. That goes for other Types as well but Eh. I typed as an INTJ a few times. Haaa

I know there's an Ni-Fe tug-o-war. After the first two CPs, it varies a bit, yea. You develop what you need to or want to. I was fairly high Se as a kid, likely due to daycare (very outdoorsey). A sports junkie (but never cared to watch, just play--), team player. Even while solo-ing on my free time outside, I'd be alone, daydreaming a lot or creating some magical atmosphere...

I'm certain you're an INFJ. As for your Enneagram, hmmm. I wouldn't say you grew up with a 9 wing and then it changed. Try out the book! And let us know!

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by wedekit View Post
    For those who aren't clear about their type, Identifying Your Personality Type : The Wisdom of the Enneagram was helpful to me way back when I was first trying to identify my type.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by DeliriousDisposition View Post
    I wouldn't say you grew up with a 9 wing and then it changed. Try out the book! And let us know!
    i've read in a bunch of places (don't ask me where, i won't remember) that your wings can change over time. i was certainly a 1w9 until age 17 or so, but i developed a strong 2 wing in the last 5 years. i could explain why, and you'd probably see what i mean, but i don't want bore y'all.

MBTI
    Zzzz

^ ha. I feel like that lately too (eh, from your Custom Title: bored, meh). Don't even want to bother. I'm surprised I wrote as much as I did, even for fun.

No worries, if I feel inspired, I'll likely find it online or figure it out through some crazy Ni-linked-chain 3 months from now.

I should've added. I thought I was 1 as well-- but I tossed it aside after it seemed to rigid and rule-following for me.