• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] INFJs: what's your enneagram type?

What is your Enneagram type?

• Total voters

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Type 4. Deeply imaginative and creative with a dose of hopeless romantic in the mix. Definitely an individualist too.

ReadingRainbows

Cat Wench
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I used to strongly believe I was a 2w1. Now I know better and have come to realize that I am a 4w5.

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I often look like a Five online, and that side of me has gotten stronger with the passing of the years, but the few people who really know me would say that I'm a Four.

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
OK..
This is probably going to make the hair on some your necks stand up, make you hiss at me like a cat and want to claw my eyes out for ever speaking such blasphemy, But I implore you to bear with me and at least consider what I am about to say.

Most INFJs seem to type as 4 or 5. But I digress from this.

INFJ is the text book example of fear VS courage.

INFJ is the natural intuitive.

Type 6 is not the ESTJ of the enneagramm. It is however the most misundertood type of the ennagramm.. Now don't you relate to that??

Type 6 is the natural intuitive.
Type 6 at it's best is a healthy INFJ. Thoughtful, Warm, Considerate,Confident, Magnetic,Captivating,Assertive,Insightful,A natural leader,Trusting,Engaging,Helpful,Accountable,Optimistic,Passionate and Instinctivly creative

Type 6 at it's worst is an unhealthy INFJ. Detached,Paranoid,Anti social,Deflective,Projective,Insecure,Shadow jumping,The whole world is out to get me, everything is a conspircacy,Cynical,Distrusting, Agressive,Lonely and Self destructive.

Type 4 is the romantic perceiver.. More suited to INFP (Your cousin)
Type 5 is the thinking observer..More suited to INTJ (Your other less appealing cousin ;) )
Type 6 is the Intuitive feeler.. More suited to INFJ ( YOU!!!!! )

Just something to ponder..

P.S. I am not crazy.. :laugh:

HollyGolightly

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Arclight you have a point. I thought I was a type 6 for these very reasons. I realise now that I am a type one (most likely a self preservation type one). I still relate to type 6 an awful lot...but type 1s are often mistyped as type 6. But when I read the type 6 description I do recognise a lot of INFJ traits, but I think you can do that with every type description as they are quite vague.
And I do believe that type 4 is most suited to INFP as opposed to INFJ. And whereas they say type 9 is most suited to INFP I think it could arguably be more suited to INFJ.

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Arclight you have a point. I thought I was a type 6 for these very reasons. I realise now that I am a type one (most likely a self preservation type one). I still relate to type 6 an awful lot...but type 1s are often mistyped as type 6. But when I read the type 6 description I do recognise a lot of INFJ traits, but I think you can do that with every type description as they are quite vague.
And I do believe that type 4 is most suited to INFP as opposed to INFJ. And whereas they say type 9 is most suited to INFP I think it could arguably be more suited to INFJ.

Thank You Holly.. for not hissing and clawing my eyes out :D

Quay

Peaced
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
OK..
This is probably going to make the hair on some your necks stand up, make you hiss at me like a cat and want to claw my eyes out for ever speaking such blasphemy, But I implore you to bear with me and at least consider what I am about to say.

Most INFJs seem to type as 4 or 5. But I digress from this.

INFJ is the text book example of fear VS courage.

INFJ is the natural intuitive.

Type 6 is not the ESTJ of the enneagramm. It is however the most misundertood type of the ennagramm.. Now don't you relate to that??

Type 6 is the natural intuitive.
Type 6 at it's best is a healthy INFJ. Thoughtful, Warm, Considerate,Confident, Magnetic,Captivating,Assertive,Insightful,A natural leader,Trusting,Engaging,Helpful,Accountable,Optimistic,Passionate and Instinctivly creative

Type 6 at it's worst is an unhealthy INFJ. Detached,Paranoid,Anti social,Deflective,Projective,Insecure,Shadow jumping,The whole world is out to get me, everything is a conspircacy,Cynical,Distrusting, Agressive,Lonely and Self destructive.

Type 4 is the romantic perceiver.. More suited to INFP (Your cousin)
Type 5 is the thinking observer..More suited to INTJ (Your other less appealing cousin ;) )
Type 6 is the Intuitive feeler.. More suited to INFJ ( YOU!!!!! )

Just something to ponder..

P.S. I am not crazy.. :laugh:

6w5 here.

Makes sense.

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Somewhere someone on this site said that when you found your right enneagram profile and read it, it would be like looking into a mirror. I haven't found that yet, but I guess I relate closest to type 4 with sp/sx. I can't even settle on a wing, because I feel like I exhibit both.
confused0033.gif

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^Enneagram sucks, imo. I tested 4,2,1,5, etc., and none of them totally fit.

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
^ That comforts me actually.

So if I am in the range of 3,4,5 and 6 is it a flush or a straight of some sort?

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have narrowed it down to either 6w5 (though 6w7 occasionally sems to fit) or 9w1. I thought at first that 6 was it by far, but 9 seemed quite familiar when I looked more into it. Still haven't quite decided but I'm not looking into it as actively as I was a few months ago.

One of my best friends is also an INFJ, though sometimes she comes across more like INFP to me. But basically INFJ seems to fit very well. And although I don't think she's looked into the enneagram, she seems like a classic 4 (though not sure of the wing - maybe fairly balanced wings.) It's interesting, because when I realised that, it explained why INFJ makes sense for both of us, but it also explained some of the major differences I've noted.

It's interesting that so few people type themselves as 6, especially as it is supposed to be one of the most common types. I think people read it as cowardly, neurotic, or just not very nice or cool, which I don't think is the case at all...

"Six With a 5 Wing
Sixes with a 5 wing are generally introverted and somewhat intellectual. When healthy, they often have many realms of interest as well as surprising competencies and skills. May have an original and idiosyncratic point of view. Can be bookish; some are interested in history or feel rooted in the past or related to a long tradition. Also good at predicting the future. May test potential friends for a long time but once you're in, you're in - a friend for life. When more entranced, they may project a willed remoteness. Have a "tip of the iceberg" quality - they show little but you sense hidden dimensions, intensity and activity. Tension between needing to be seen and withdrawing for protection. Might act arrogant or cryptic or cynical when afraid. When phobic, can be diplomatic and say things without saying them. Entranced counterphobics are either cool and loners or argumentative, tending towards violence. Can brood over injustices to them, entertain conspiracy theories, spend time alone building cases. Paranoia in private. May like secretive behind-the-scenes group activity. Sneaky vengeance, passive/aggressive toward others, self-attacking and self-destructive at home."

This sounds quite a lot like me, and if it is supposed to fit with ISFJ, I do know that I am an ISFJ-ish INFJ.

HollyGolightly

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You know, a lot of people think they are Type 6 when they are actually Type 1 and vice versa. Not saying an INFJ can't be a Type 6 but I related to the Type 6 description and for a long time I listed myself as Type 6. But as I got to know myself more I worked out that I do have 6-ish traits (anxiety, "tip of the iceberg" quality, distrusting of others) but fear isn't the root of these traits (fear is often behind most things as six does or feels). I also types myself as a 6 when I was going through a difficult time and I related to the descriptions of how they are security seeking etc. But I do agree that the descriptions (in particular 6w5) sounds very INFJ-ish.