123 Last

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Default Plastic Personalities

This non-Enneagram related page describes the type 3 person really well.
    http://www.abovehisshoulders.com/plastic-personalities/

"Perpetrators are notorious for developing an effective plastic, superficial personality. They are charming, engaging and willing to go to any extreme to gain the persons trust. The classic stereotype of the plastic personality is the car salesman. Stereotypes are usually unfair, however are based in a grain of truth. We have all seen the plastic personality type. We have them at our employment, in our families and with our neighbors. Individuals have lost the ability to be REAL. In order to be real and authentic you have to be comfortable in your own skin and you must have some knowledge of who the hell you are as a person..."
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    This non-Enneagram related page describes the type 3 person really well.
    http://www.abovehisshoulders.com/plastic-personalities/

"Perpetrators are notorious for developing an effective plastic, superficial personality. They are charming, engaging and willing to go to any extreme to gain the persons trust. The classic stereotype of the plastic personality is the car salesman. Stereotypes are usually unfair, however are based in a grain of truth. We have all seen the plastic personality type. We have them at our employment, in our families and with our neighbors. Individuals have lost the ability to be REAL. In order to be real and authentic you have to be comfortable in your own skin and you must have some knowledge of who the hell you are as a person..."
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

5 3 9

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Either you haven't read any Enneagram or you're trolling me, because this is too obvious to miss.

"Fearful of losing the positive regard of others because of their increasing competitiveness, average Threes begin to submerge their feelings and authentic self-expression even further, and become preoccupied with creating a favorable impression of themselves."

"After meticulously crafting a 'new, improved' self that others can affirm and accept, Threes may fear that others will see through them and discover that they are not really the fantastic, 'all-together' image that they are trying to project... They want others to admire and envy them, to think that they are absolutely outstanding in every way, that they have it all, that they are nothing less than perfect." (All quotes from Riso.)

Consider the image portrayed by a politician running for office, or Charlie Sheen affirming the "fact" that he is "winning."

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

The definition of real will always be the problem. Cause what to some is plastic and to some is real to others is not and never will be.
    "Being real" is exactly the same stereotype like "being a car salesman" and people who arguement that way actually do a logical tautology. Its one of the most fundamental questions to philosophy and there is no way to answer it. What is "real" ?

I have no idea why you all mock Edgar.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    The definition of real will always be the problem. Cause what to some is plastic and to some is real to others is not and never will be.
    "Being real" is exactly the same stereotype like "being a car salesman" and people who arguement that way actually do a logical tautology. Its one of the most fundamental questions to philosophy and there is no way to answer it. What is "real" ?

I have no idea why you all mock Edgar.
    I for one have not engaged in any mocking (i.e., derisive imitations) of Edgar's post. "Plastic Personality" is simply another word for "chameleon-like personality." In other words, the type 3 at average level or lower. This is very old stuff.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    I for one have not engaged in any mocking (i.e., derisive imitations) of Edgar's post. "Plastic Personality" is simply another word for "chameleon-like personality." In other words, the type 3 at average level or lower. This is very old stuff.
    ya and you are my hero, do i not tell you that often enough every day ?
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Asterion View Post

Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

What the hell is this? Lol.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    ya and you are my hero, do i not tell you that often enough every day ?
    Yes. But only on facebook. Why is that?