User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Default Anyone else dislike their own types?

I'm not liking mine. I'm sure you're not supposed to like it. They are more like afflictions, preventing you from getting where you want to be, that stubbornly ingrain themselves into the depths of your head to where you can barely reach them sometimes.

Too many people idealize personalities, they think it's a good thing to be scattered and that everyone who isn't sucks, or they think it's great to take 3 jobs and burn out and that it's completely normal. It's hard to wake them up... hard to know whether you should or not... hell, it's hard to wake up to it in the first place, that being 'yourself' can make things far worse for yourself, despite what all of the shows you grow up with lead you to believe.
    5 3 9

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

ENFP: sometimes, but I would like being an INTJ better
    7w8: yes, but I would like 8w7 or 8w9 better
    Sp/Sx: definitely. sometimes I think it would be more fun to be an Sx type, they seem to have stressful, volatile lives as a whole and it just doesn't seem worth it most of the time
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Asterion View Post
    I'm not liking mine. I'm sure you're not supposed to like it. They are more like afflictions, preventing you from getting where you want to be, that stubbornly ingrain themselves into the depths of your head to where you can barely reach them sometimes.
    Well, we definitely are a mix of good and bad. Every strength has a corresponding weakness, especially if one has over-relied upon it. Growth involves the blossoming of nuance and developing various facets of the personality, not just the most obvious or largest.

Also, people tend to identify with their strengths, but to me life is a story we tell with our strengths about our weaknesses. IOW, the true drama is how we grew and/or overcame adversity based on what our weaknesses were, and our strengths are the tools we use to declare that story. The strengths aren't the story; they were just tools we started with, and so in terms of character they don't mean that much since we started with them. What a person does with his or her life in the weak spots seems to say more about them, and much of life is about working through those weak spots.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sp/so

There are some things about being an INFJ that I value, but society doesn't and that's been difficult to deal with. Then there are things about me that I don't care for or can see cause issues that I want to change. I don't hate my type, but do wish I was more balanced and am trying to work on that.
    Johari / Nohari

“That we are capable only of being what we are remains our unforgivable sin.” ― Gene Wolfe

reminder to self: "That YOU that you are so proud of is a story woven together by your interpreter module to account for as much of your behavior as it can incorporate, and it denies or rationalizes the rest." "Who's in Charge? Free Will and the Science of the Brain" by Michael S. Gazzaniga

INFP - My life would probably be much better if I were an extrovert, and everyone would probably like me better that way too.
    9w1 - I don't like being common, and that everyone thinks I must be mistyping myself because I have a weak sense of self and don't know who I am. I also don't like the "doormat" stereotype.

MBTI
    yupp

I hate some INFPs but not all so i'm 50:50
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Asterion View Post

Too many people idealize personalities, they think it's a good thing to be scattered and that everyone who isn't sucks, or they think it's great to take 3 jobs and burn out and that it's completely normal. It's hard to wake them up... hard to know whether you should or not... hell, it's hard to wake up to it in the first place, that being 'yourself' can make things far worse for yourself, despite what all of the shows you grow up with lead you to believe.
    I like my type fine. I like my likely enneagram type fine too. There are many pluses to them. Just because I am an INTJ type 8 doesn't mean I am without the ability to change what doesn't work or improve on weaknesses or recognize behavior that isn't an especially good idea. It's interesting to learn about your own personality but I don't put that much stock into it. Life experience and environment play a much larger role in the molding of a personality.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Sometimes I wish I was more E. I think it would make some things easier, living in a society that seems to prize E traits. Same with J.

Sometimes I wish was more like a 7 or 8 enneagram wise. I feel too withdrawn as a 5/9.

Variant wise, I sometimes wish I had more SX but other times I'm glad I'm not SX because that would bring its own challenges.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Being an INTJ through teen age years and into early twenties was very difficult. I didn't understand myself, was very arrogant and used alcohol to hide my social deficiencies (although they actually exacerbated them). I would have preferred to have been an extraverted type during that period of my life. Now that I'm more mature I'm actually very happy with my type and it's really starting to work in my favor. It's ironic that even being my type is a good long term strategy!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

INFJ: No, I love my type. No other type will do.

I'm still unsure about my Enneagram type.