• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Anyone else dislike their own types?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Why should I dislike my type ? He aint the one responsible for my life

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I use to be/test as an xNTJ ; I was better off with those qualities and the people (whom I know) that are this type (I/E either) are doing productive things in their lives. I sometimes remember my past ideologies, work ethic, etc and trying to figure out wtf went wrong has virtually left me in a state of crippling nostalgia. Though perhaps maybe it's not that I don't dislike my type because I dislike it, but because I don't think the qualities associated with INTP mesh well with the way society wants me to act. I'm also probably just focusing on the negative aspects, which is what I normally do anyway.

*Just noticed this was the enneagram thread, lmao. I've always scored as a 5 and the reason above still fits.

Owfin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
*Just noticed this was the enneagram thread, lmao. I've always scored as a 5 and the reason above still fits.

What is it with INTPs and not looking at the forum threads are posted in? :huh:

Wabs

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't like my own type (ENFP's)..

I like people who are very definite in what they want, something I have trouble with. I am kind of aimless.. I like people who can listen to me and decide what I need to do, otherwise I would never end up doing anything /:

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, they bloody well help you to address them. Exercise, yoga - nature's all-natural zoloft. :newwink:

Yeah, I didn't mean yoga/exercise/meditation, that'll help. Finding a relaxing job, and living in a quiet area could be related to avoiding problems. You could end up abandoning dreams just so that you can live a in a stagnant cottage out in the country. It's also a movement towards more isolation, which could potentially lead to imbalance.

Endorphins FTW!!!!

G

Glycerine

I am kinda over it. It's whatever. There is a definite conflict between my MBTI type and enneagram but it makes sense for how I interact with the world... in a contradictory manner. I like to interact/engage people in a fairly formal expressive manner and get energized by it (ENFJ) but I remain in my head a lot and disengage to make sense of things and if I don't, I get overwhelmed quite easily (e5). I am actually pretty happy to be able to frame things.

G

Ginkgo

Holy shit, would I have gotten in trouble if I was an extravert! :laugh:

Owfin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Why should I dislike my type ? He aint the one responsible for my life

You are responsible for your type. There have been MBTI abuse charges against you.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
You are responsible for your type. There have been MBTI abuse charges against you.

Do you refer to that day, when I typed myself Fieldmarshall and ran around the forum giving orders to everyone on how to proceed on the Africa front ? :D

Owfin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Do you refer to that day, when I typed myself Fieldmarshall and ran around the forum giving orders to everyone on how to proceed on the Africa front ? :D

Yes, but I also refer to every day that you leave your poor ENTP label in lowercase letters.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Yes, but I also refer to every day that you leave your poor ENTP label in lowercase letters.

You starting something here? Huh? HUH? :thelook:

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram

You know what they say: people with a big dick dont need to brag about it :D

Richardsen

MBTI Type
IxFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
After figure out that i am a 6 instead of a 4 or a 5...Yeah, i dont feel too happy to be a 6.
4/5 sounds much more cooler...
Nahh but i admite it, and is not that hurtful either...
And that is not the type " you want" or "you pretending to be" , is actualy the type who you are...
4w5s have their own general problems... I have mine

INFP... i have no problems...

Inverness

MBTI Type
INFJ
I like INFJs enough. I don't know too many, but I do like them

Flux

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm pretty sure that I am a 9w8. There are things that I like and that I don't like about the type, but I can't imagine being anything else.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ESTP - nope, never have disliked that type...I only know 2 in person and I could hang around them pretty much all day without them wearing me out or frustrating me.
ISTP - only because I get pinned with the "stereotypical" image of a quiet, introverted man until people get to know me.

S

SingSmileShine

ENFP: I love it. So much. I feel like having a stronger S variable (because mine is pretty much nonexistent) would be easier sometimes, but I wouldn't trade being an ENFP.

7w6: I love it as well. :)

sp/so: I wish I had a little bit more sx sometimes, but being an sp/so is pretty cool, too.

Neutral Good: Me in a nutshell. :)