• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Anyone else dislike their own types?

bFrazier

Hello all.
It's kinda strange, but I have to admit that I don't like my type either.
I have no idea whether it's good or bad. I just don't like it.

Nic

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I like being an INTP quite a bit. We're witty, laid back, and usually pretty bright. Learning about MBTI has helped me develop the areas in which I think I'm limited. I am better able to understand different types. I'm also better able to identify my own stresses and reactions. I love fellow INTPs because I can relate to them. They crack me up more than any other type. I also, however, have learned to relate better to my NF friends through MBTI and to work on the things I don't like about myself. Learning about typology has helped me to soften my bluntness and to communicate my introvert needs to others in a way that doesn't offend them. I still have trouble understanding SJs, but that's part of why I joined this site.

Owfin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I like being an INTP quite a bit. We're witty, laid back, and usually pretty bright. Learning about MBTI has helped me develop the areas in which I think I'm limited. I am better able to understand different types. I'm also better able to identify my own stresses and reactions. I love fellow INTPs because I can relate to them. They crack me up more than any other type. I also, however, have learned to relate better to my NF friends through MBTI and to work on the things I don't like about myself. Learning about typology has helped me to soften my bluntness and to communicate my introvert needs to others in a way that doesn't offend them. I still have trouble understanding SJs, but that's part of why I joined this site.

Yo, I think yo in the wrong forum. The MBTI forum is a that-a-way ^

Wait, no, my directions won't make sense to you. I'm an SJ. :sorry:

Nic

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Aaahh--sorry. I didn't realize I was in the enneagram thread. I'm multitasking and misread. I'm also new, so please be patient with me. :)

Owfin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Aaahh--sorry. I didn't realize I was in the enneagram thread. I'm multitasking and misread. I'm also new, so please be patient with me. :)

Nah, it's fine. I was just joking with ya. :cheers:

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Hello all.
It's kinda strange, but I have to admit that I don't like my type either.
I have no idea whether it's good or bad. I just don't like it.

What's your type mystery frazier? :D

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm pretty happy with it.
I think one of the main advantages of mbti/enneagram....etc etc, is that it gives you an opportunity to understand yourself and work on any areas needing improvement/further understanding that might crop up. It also helps you understand others.
Bonus time.

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Of the few possible INFPs I've met, I have been rather annoyed at how quiet, reserved and distant they are. It makes them so incredibly difficult to get to know. Afterwards when I think about it and realise they were probably a INFP, I get really pissed off knowing that we both sat there and played the small talk game, when we could have both talked about the stuff that genuinely interested us. :doh:

Then again, I'm always irritated by people more introverted than myself. It's hard enough being a rather shy and quiet person as it is, let alone when you have to be the one holding up the entire conversation and attempting to bridge the awkward silences. I deeply resent being forced to play the extrovert. :dry:

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Of the few possible INFPs I've met, I have been rather annoyed at how quiet, reserved and distant they are. It makes them so incredibly difficult to get to know. Afterwards when I think about it and realise they were probably a INFP, I get really pissed off knowing that we both sat there and played the small talk game, when we could have both talked about the stuff that genuinely interested us. :doh:

Then again, I'm always irritated by people more introverted than myself. It's hard enough being a rather shy and quiet person as it is, let alone when you have to be the one holding up the entire conversation and attempting to bridge the awkward silences. I deeply resent being forced to play the extrovert. :dry:

I try not to play games like this anymore, I talk if there's something on my mind. If it's nothing interesting, important or relateable then silence is fine. If someone doesn't like silence, then that's their problem, they can fill it with whatever they want. Conversation is for fun, if you're not enjoying it or it takes too much effort on your half, then it's probably not worth it. The only effort you need is in the greeting - hey, how's it going? If they say fine, they don't wanna talk, if they start spilling their life story, then you just go with it. Reserved people are going to take some time to open up, no need to pry them open, just be patient. Hell I take quite some time to open up too, especially because I'm usually tagged as ~NERD~ when I do :p. It's also easier to open up when you have a friend or two by your side.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
For me, it all just gets in the way of what I want. I want to be competent, but then I start to over-think and then anxiety kicks in and suddenly I'm a fucking dope and it all spirals from there. I want to have nice things, attain my dreams... but fail to put the effort in to get them and reason that I don't even need it... what, I don't need good food? I don't need money? It's just retarded, why is it so hard to do something so seemingly simple with any kind of consistency?
Perhaps what you really need is anxiety medication? I started taking some a while ago, they helped a lot.
Obviously you're going to like your MBTI type, it's mostly preferences, except for perhaps E vs I, which is more inherent. Personally, I'd prefer to be introverted. There is so much bullshit in the extraverted world, I already find it hard enough dealing with my own inadequacies let alone those of everyone else too.
:yesss:
And sp is the best. Hands down, no doubt. :D
Everybody prefer the Sx's. :sadbanana: But I wouldn't change. :)

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Perhaps what you really need is anxiety medication? I started taking some a while ago, they helped a lot.

Anxiety medication is like alcohol. Which the ennea-pros from the enneagram institute don't recommend:

You tend to be extremely intense and so high-strung that you find it difficult to relax and unwind. Make an effort to learn to calm down in a healthy way, without drugs or alcohol.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Anxiety medication is like alcohol. Which the ennea-pros from the enneagram institute don't recommend:
:yapyapyap: :laugh:
Then take one yoga class per day, go live in a noise free environment, and find a stress free job. Easy uh. :ninja:

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
:yapyapyap: :laugh:
Then take one yoga class per day, go live in a noise free environment, and find a stress free job. Easy uh. :ninja:

That's just avoiding the problems, not addressing them :p

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That's just avoiding the problems, not addressing them :p
And how does one ''address the problem''? I mean, you won't be able to convince yourself ''I shouldn't worry too much about this and that''.
Also, I believe most anxiety medications aren't agressive. There are some 100% natural. I remember when I first started taking, I felt like I had went from level 4 to level 1 on the En 5 development scale in less than 24 hours. It's not a matter of adressing the causes - we usually can't avoid the causes! But we can manage the consequences. Of course it would be much better not to need them, but it's a small price to pay. Just consider it. :)

Last edited:

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I try not to play games like this anymore, I talk if there's something on my mind. If it's nothing interesting, important or relateable then silence is fine. If someone doesn't like silence, then that's their problem, they can fill it with whatever they want. Conversation is for fun, if you're not enjoying it or it takes too much effort on your half, then it's probably not worth it. The only effort you need is in the greeting - hey, how's it going? If they say fine, they don't wanna talk, if they start spilling their life story, then you just go with it. Reserved people are going to take some time to open up, no need to pry them open, just be patient. Hell I take quite some time to open up too, especially because I'm usually tagged as ~NERD~ when I do :p. It's also easier to open up when you have a friend or two by your side.
But I'm a social-first in my instinctive variants; awkward silences fill me with terror. :laugh:

I might not necessarily want to participate in a conversation a great deal but I don't want it to falter either (or generally head in the wrong direction). I once had a flatmate who genuinely seemed like a nice guy but every time I tried to talk to him, he would give the bare minimum of a reply. Everything subject was rendered a cul-de-sac. I tried talking about anything that would likely interest him, but he always shut me down. It drove me crazy. And believe me, that awkwardness I mentioned, it multiples by 10 if you have to live with that person and pass them in the hallway on a regular basis.

I wouldn't consider it prying them open either. Usually I make an effort to discover what interests a person and I give them an opening to talk about that. When people people give me nothing but brick walls in return, then I start to get irritated. It take a lot of effort to put myself out there and be sociable, so it's not at all encouraging to be constantly shut down by someone. After a while I just can't be bothered anymore.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Heh, that's the one thing about my Enneagram that I do dislike =/

Self Preservation? personally I find being an Sp dom very useful. =)

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Self Preservation? personally I find being an Sp dom very useful. =)

I wish I was So/Sp instead of Sp/So, it is the root hinderance to many problems for me *huff*

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
it's not quite that simple. lots of 8s for instance hate being 8s and wish they they were more gentle and didn't have to make everything so damn confrontational. lots of 4s wish they didn't have to make life so emotional and tragic, lots of 7s wish they focus and stop procrastinating, etc etc

God, those are EXACTLY the 3 things I wish for myself. *sigh* I guess you named them because you're 748, just like me :)