• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Anyone else dislike their own types?

Owfin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Neutral Good: Me in a nutshell. :)

I am Lawful Good (stereotypical, I know) and love it. It isn't so much me conforming to what society says, but it is about a sort of integrity, because I'll follow through on what I say.

S

SingSmileShine

I am Lawful Good (stereotypical, I know) and love it. It isn't so much me conforming to what society says, but it is about a sort of integrity, because I'll follow through on what I say.

I like Lawful Goods. They have a certain aura to them that makes me feel a bit more secure if I'm anxious.
Anyway, what a lovely trait to have! Keep it up. :)

typologywhore

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
INFJ: Well, I do sometimes feel it would be easier/funner to be another type. I envy the ENXP's their dom-Ne awesomeness powers and their charmingness and optimism and charisma...-dreams- ...Maybe it's a case of my finding this type of person really attractive (..but then again, I can't imagine who wouldn't! XD); and wanting to be attractive myself, and therefore coveting the qualities I think will make me so. And admire/envy the SP's, too, at times: I really wish I could just let go and embrace the present the way they seem to (working on that inferior Se is in order, perhaps ^^). When my self-esteem's doing better, though, I really like being INFJ, like experiencing life the way I do :3

4: -wrinkles nose- ...Yeah, I'm certainly ambivalent about 4ishness. A good illustration: I received pretty much the best compliment of my life from a friend online when they said, "I really like the way you think. It's so...un-brooding". (..this friend is INFX 4w5 sx/sp, aka the pinnacle of emotionally fine-tuned brooding-tortured-artistry, so I guess these things are relative...XDD) I was so flattered and happy, because that's the way I aspire to be and come across (..like, 7ish; 8ish too maybe?)...but it does take rather a lot of emotional effort to get to that place. And there's still brooding under the surface <.< Essentially: I do want to be 4, but...without the goddamn emo angstiness! Maybe, hopefully, that'll come with moving further along the path to maturity and self-actualisation...
(-reading back this para- ..oh, I know what this is. It's the w3 brushing the "ugly" aspects of 4-ness under the rug, as it's incapable of erasing them (yet, anyway). Heh, don't think my 3-ness likes my 4-ness very much..<<;; )

478: Abso-fucking-lutely not. I love my tritype <3333

sx/so: Occasionally wish I had the self-contained-ness that sp brings, but overall...Hell no. Sx/so-ness rocks :rock: