User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Hello all.
    It's kinda strange, but I have to admit that I don't like my type either.
    I have no idea whether it's good or bad. I just don't like it.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I like being an INTP quite a bit. We're witty, laid back, and usually pretty bright. Learning about MBTI has helped me develop the areas in which I think I'm limited. I am better able to understand different types. I'm also better able to identify my own stresses and reactions. I love fellow INTPs because I can relate to them. They crack me up more than any other type. I also, however, have learned to relate better to my NF friends through MBTI and to work on the things I don't like about myself. Learning about typology has helped me to soften my bluntness and to communicate my introvert needs to others in a way that doesn't offend them. I still have trouble understanding SJs, but that's part of why I joined this site.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Nic View Post
    I like being an INTP quite a bit. We're witty, laid back, and usually pretty bright. Learning about MBTI has helped me develop the areas in which I think I'm limited. I am better able to understand different types. I'm also better able to identify my own stresses and reactions. I love fellow INTPs because I can relate to them. They crack me up more than any other type. I also, however, have learned to relate better to my NF friends through MBTI and to work on the things I don't like about myself. Learning about typology has helped me to soften my bluntness and to communicate my introvert needs to others in a way that doesn't offend them. I still have trouble understanding SJs, but that's part of why I joined this site.
    Yo, I think yo in the wrong forum. The MBTI forum is a that-a-way ^

Wait, no, my directions won't make sense to you. I'm an SJ.
    I don't see any invisible treasure chests.

• MBTI? ISTJ
    • Enneagram? 6 with a strong 7 wing
    • Brony? Yes
    • Stereotypes?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Aaahh--sorry. I didn't realize I was in the enneagram thread. I'm multitasking and misread. I'm also new, so please be patient with me.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Nic View Post
    Aaahh--sorry. I didn't realize I was in the enneagram thread. I'm multitasking and misread. I'm also new, so please be patient with me.
    Nah, it's fine. I was just joking with ya.
    I don't see any invisible treasure chests.

• MBTI? ISTJ
    • Enneagram? 6 with a strong 7 wing
    • Brony? Yes
    • Stereotypes?

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by bFrazier View Post
    Hello all.
    It's kinda strange, but I have to admit that I don't like my type either.
    I have no idea whether it's good or bad. I just don't like it.
    What's your type mystery frazier?
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

I'm pretty happy with it.
    I think one of the main advantages of mbti/enneagram....etc etc, is that it gives you an opportunity to understand yourself and work on any areas needing improvement/further understanding that might crop up. It also helps you understand others.
    Bonus time.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Of the few possible INFPs I've met, I have been rather annoyed at how quiet, reserved and distant they are. It makes them so incredibly difficult to get to know. Afterwards when I think about it and realise they were probably a INFP, I get really pissed off knowing that we both sat there and played the small talk game, when we could have both talked about the stuff that genuinely interested us.

Then again, I'm always irritated by people more introverted than myself. It's hard enough being a rather shy and quiet person as it is, let alone when you have to be the one holding up the entire conversation and attempting to bridge the awkward silences. I deeply resent being forced to play the extrovert.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    Of the few possible INFPs I've met, I have been rather annoyed at how quiet, reserved and distant they are. It makes them so incredibly difficult to get to know. Afterwards when I think about it and realise they were probably a INFP, I get really pissed off knowing that we both sat there and played the small talk game, when we could have both talked about the stuff that genuinely interested us.

Then again, I'm always irritated by people more introverted than myself. It's hard enough being a rather shy and quiet person as it is, let alone when you have to be the one holding up the entire conversation and attempting to bridge the awkward silences. I deeply resent being forced to play the extrovert.
    I try not to play games like this anymore, I talk if there's something on my mind. If it's nothing interesting, important or relateable then silence is fine. If someone doesn't like silence, then that's their problem, they can fill it with whatever they want. Conversation is for fun, if you're not enjoying it or it takes too much effort on your half, then it's probably not worth it. The only effort you need is in the greeting - hey, how's it going? If they say fine, they don't wanna talk, if they start spilling their life story, then you just go with it. Reserved people are going to take some time to open up, no need to pry them open, just be patient. Hell I take quite some time to open up too, especially because I'm usually tagged as ~NERD~ when I do :P. It's also easier to open up when you have a friend or two by your side.
    5 3 9

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Asterion View Post
    For me, it all just gets in the way of what I want. I want to be competent, but then I start to over-think and then anxiety kicks in and suddenly I'm a fucking dope and it all spirals from there. I want to have nice things, attain my dreams... but fail to put the effort in to get them and reason that I don't even need it... what, I don't need good food? I don't need money? It's just retarded, why is it so hard to do something so seemingly simple with any kind of consistency?
    Perhaps what you really need is anxiety medication? I started taking some a while ago, they helped a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asterion View Post
    Obviously you're going to like your MBTI type, it's mostly preferences, except for perhaps E vs I, which is more inherent. Personally, I'd prefer to be introverted. There is so much bullshit in the extraverted world, I already find it hard enough dealing with my own inadequacies let alone those of everyone else too.

And sp is the best. Hands down, no doubt.
    Everybody prefer the Sx's. But I wouldn't change.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------