User Tag List

First 23456 Last

garbage

Yeah, I really don't like intellectual snobbery as a defense mechanism in other people. Or, to the extent that it's applicable, in myself.

The entire point of the Enneagram is to help us recognize our biases and try to work past them so that we can grow, not to provide us excuses to be stuck in them.

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

I've said it before and I'll say it again.. 3's, 6's, and 9's get a bad wrap. Bad enough that I might actually consider being unhappy with my type, if I wasn't aware enough to realize that the personality box barely scratches the surface of the person. When I initially read 3 scrips- things like fake, souless, moraless bastards came to mind. Sad. Even more sad is that people eat this shit up like theres no tomorrow, using it to define themselves and others.

Ya, there is alot of things about type 3 and 4 that aren't very pretty, just like every other type. It's the entire underlying concept. Recognize your greatest weakness, your greatest ego fixations.. naturally you'll hate the truth of your own weakness.. who wouldn't? Oh so close to home. So on a surface level, ofcourse it may *seem* that other types have it easier or better.. because you may not have those hangups (to the degree that they do). You don't experience the reality of it. But no, I don't waste any time wishing I was another type.. I focus on being the best me I can be. And that doesn't come from an mbti mould or some enneagram "level 1 assesment".. The profiling will never be more than a pale comparison to a real person. I take from it whatever knowledge I can all the while understanding it's limits. I think others should do the same.
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Asterion View Post
    I'm not liking mine. I'm sure you're not supposed to like it. They are more like afflictions, preventing you from getting where you want to be, that stubbornly ingrain themselves into the depths of your head to where you can barely reach them sometimes.

Too many people idealize personalities, they think it's a good thing to be scattered and that everyone who isn't sucks, or they think it's great to take 3 jobs and burn out and that it's completely normal. It's hard to wake them up... hard to know whether you should or not... hell, it's hard to wake up to it in the first place, that being 'yourself' can make things far worse for yourself, despite what all of the shows you grow up with lead you to believe.
    I recently changed back to my original guessed/tested types (enneagram and mbti) after a long time of pushing my bounds out of it. I was an INFPish young kid and always felt rather separated from society in general. I've always tried to be more active and fast paced and focused and, I don't know, purposeful. It's helped- trying to do the opposite thing. But it's a rather painful process. Some of my closest friends are SJ's and they make everything look so... I don't know, easy. Everything doesn't have to come in this backwards and complicated way all the time. I've grown much more balanced and comfortable with myself with age, though. I can tell you being stormy and avoidant and poetic did not get me a job, or friends, or even love- or anything Earthly that matters. Lighting myself as positive and upbeat and ambitious like an ESxJ did.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I believe INTP is one of the least ''functional'' types, but somehow it makes me feel special.
    Sometimes I wish I was more like my friend (ESTP 7w6 I believe) that is more worried about dating multiple women than searching for answers about the universe or the human condition, but I wouldn't want to have his flaws.
    I think I'm so aware of every type's common flaws that I wouldn't be able to live with flaws that I'm not comfortable with. I guess it is expected.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by Owfin View Post
    I'm not sure I would want to be any other enneagram type. Maybe 7 (it would be cool to be an ISTJ 7). But all of them are not very attractive, which is the point.

Would that herald the coming of the apocalypse?

I want to meet that person. Especially if they are an ISTJ 7w8. Yowza.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    I believe INTP is one of the least ''functional'' types, but somehow it makes me feel special.
    Sometimes I wish I was more like my friend (ESTP 7w6 I believe) that is more worried about dating multiple women than searching for answers about the universe or the human condition, but I wouldn't want to have his flaws.
    I think I'm so aware of every type's common flaws that I wouldn't be able to live with flaws that I don't know how to properly control. I guess it is expected.
    I bolded the part I thought was a really apt description coming from a said INTP. Weren't you typing as ENTP back in the day?

And to answer the question in here, no, you can't change introversion or extroversion not the MBT kind. That's hard wired and shows where you draw your strength from and a core orientation to the world. Extroverts (particularly ENFPs) might get shy, nervous, or bashful at times but we essentially feed off the external world and especially need social interaction. Parties never make me tired (unless they suck and put me to sleep) Being with people energizes me in a way that an introvert can't fake.

Now when it comes to performance or how we act with the world, yes you can definitely change from degrees of I to E. In that sense even extroverts practice and study how to be more successful at the social definition of "extroversion"
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    I bolded the part I thought was a really apt description coming from a said INTP.

Weren't you typing as ENTP back in the day?
    Me? Nah, I'm a hardcore INTP.

I think we gotta focus on what we are good at. I once had an INTJ schoolmate that was really smart, but I guess he didn't take much time to properly evaluate his college options and ended up in a college course that is dead-end here - computer science. People with computer science degrees end up fixing computers or teaching word/excel. Still, stubborn as he is, he didn't drop and decided to take it until the end, managing to take 2 courses at the same time - computer science and law. Meanwhile, I made a nice sum of money and learned a lot about investing, while he, despite being one of the smartest guys I know, wasted 4 years in a degree that is likely gonna be useless to him.
    -----------------

A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    People with computer science degrees end up fixing computers or teaching word/excel.
    Only if they're already brain-dead morons.
    Hello

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    Only if they're already brain-dead morons.
    This is Brazil, we have no Microsoft, Google or Apple. Market is not so friendly with them.
    -----------------

-----------------

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

For me, it all just gets in the way of what I want. I want to be competent, but then I start to over-think and then anxiety kicks in and suddenly I'm a fucking dope and it all spirals from there. I want to have nice things, attain my dreams... but fail to put the effort in to get them and reason that I don't even need it... what, I don't need good food? I don't need money? It's just retarded, why is it so hard to do something so seemingly simple with any kind of consistency?

I think some types have too much herd mentality, doing what's good for the pack, when so many people are in it for themselves. Eh, it will bite them in the ass someday... it's probably already biting them in the ass right now, they will never be happy.

I think the truth behind the matter is that we are not built to be perfect, and we just have to accept it and try anyway with all the delusions we can conjure to help.

Obviously you're going to like your MBTI type, it's mostly preferences, except for perhaps E vs I, which is more inherent. Personally, I'd prefer to be introverted. There is so much bullshit in the extraverted world, I already find it hard enough dealing with my own inadequacies let alone those of everyone else too.

And sp is the best. Hands down, no doubt.
    5 3 9