First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by RevlisZero View Post
    People complain all the time that I'm too quiet--especially my parents. I feel horrible because they expect me to socialize with them but I can't think of a single thing to talk about. On top of that, I suck at talking because I can't easily think and talk at the same time, so whenever I try to explain things I often word things awkwardly or forget to mention some important piece. No matter how hard I try, I can never express myself the way that I wish I could, which is extremely frustrating. So anyways, that's why I wish I were an extrovert. I'm not sure if being an extrovert comes with those skills, but it would probably at least help some.
    Yeah... I don't know. I have all of those problems as well. I really don't think extraversion solves them. Would you be very open about yourself and enjoy doing all sorts of activities and sort of be all out there nibbling just a bit of everything the world has to offer, thriving on the extra input and attention while not missing your deeper, more focused approach.... if you were able to magically break free and engage?
    Tune into Ventrilo weeknights between 6pm and 1am PST for continuation of universe dominating shenanigans and occassional type-related propaganda.........

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    Yeah... I don't know. I have all of those problems as well. I really don't think extraversion solves them. Would you be very open about yourself and enjoy doing all sorts of activities and sort of be all out there nibbling just a bit of everything the world has to offer, thriving on the extra input and attention while not missing your deeper, more focused approach.... if you were able to magically break free and engage?
    I don't know, probably not. So what exactly does extraversion do then? If all it is is a different focus, then is it possible for an introvert to become an extrovert?

Well, yeah. It's cliché as hell, but take it from a naturally introverted person: stop taking everything so seriously and loosen up. Be open, expressive, receptive - there's nothing to think about, and it all comes naturally. You'll be too busy making sure everyone around you is having a good time to dwell on anything.

So loosen the fuck up! And don't say "well, that's easy for you to say..." because it's easy for you too! Just trust it!
    Hello

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by RevlisZero View Post
    I don't know, probably not. So what exactly does extraversion do then? If all it is is a different focus, then is it possible for an introvert to become an extrovert?
    Eh, probably not. It's more innate, pretty much involving being drawn more toward breadth of information than the depth of impression or interpretation, and biologically connected in a way that Es experience loads of input in a more positive way than Is.

If you wish for meaningful expression, not expression for the sake of it and getting a back and forth energy information flow going, I think what you are still wishing for is introversion with becoming more comfortable with developing those connections.

(People who knows this better please correct if I'm a bit off on any of this.)

Eh, probably not. It's more innate, pretty much involving being drawn more toward breadth of information than the depth of impression or interpretation, and biologically connected in a way that Es experience loads of input in a more positive way than Is.

If you wish for meaningful expression, not expression for the sake of it and getting a back and forth energy information flow going, I think what you are still wishing for is introversion with becoming more comfortable with developing those connections.

(People who knows this better please correct if I'm a bit off on any of this.)
    Those meangingful connections come later - they'll never happen unless you reach out for them.

Being extroverted is only shallow when you have no personality. Since you've already cultivated a rich inner world, there's nothing to compensate for! There is absolutely no secret to cultivating an extroverted side, and there's nothing to learn beyond becoming more friendly and receptive. Conversations prop themselves up once everyone is engaging on the same level.

Once you're comfortable enough with someone to really share yourself with, it will all happen naturally. But no one's going to reach into your world to connect with you, you have to step out of the bubble and engage with people. Stop thinking that you can't do it, or that you have nothing to say, because you have so much to say - you just need to get some courage, step into the unknown and make the first move!
    Hello

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

@Elfboy: I still think you are talking about development of type rather than wanting to be a whole new one. I don't quite buy that the INTP 9 dancer is more disadvantaged than the ESFP 3 dancer just for being INTP 9.

@VagrantFarce: I can't really tell if you are talking to me or RevlisZero or everyone Great words... but if you're directing this to me as well it's not a matter of developing some "side" (I'm already an ambivert) but more of just being able to keep a long conversation going at all. That takes more than a friendly smile and wave. It takes.... well, it takes different things for different people but generally a "being on the same page," which often involves a certain level of depth, or at least takes a starting spark, that's hard to get to if you feel all tired and crummy in the first place. Gotta love them Catch 22s

MBTI
    GONE

I think lots of people dislike their own types but specifically say "I hate XXXX" when really they hate their own weaknesses and being reminded of them when viewing others. I think it's very telling when someone says they hate other people of their type because of XYZ because usually they are revealing what they hate about themselves. I notice this especially in some ENFPs on the forum who said they hate other ENFPs for being histrionic. Oh wait "I FREAKING HATE ENFPS BECAUSE THEY'RE SO GODDAMN OVER EMOTIONAL!?!?!!@#$#$@$" or something like that.

All things being equal I like my type and I don't have a problem with other ENFPs just because they are ENFPs. I realized somewhat recently that I know a LOT of ENFPs irl. We come in different flavor varieties you know. :P

If anything it would be nice to be a J because then I could get more done. Enneatype wise that 6 wing is a thorn in my side. I understand what @Randomnity is saying because honestly I wouldn't want to be a full on 6 unless it was that counter vigilant type that can seem 8ish. I'd rather be an 8. Being a type 7 ENXP is so stereotypical but gosh I love adventure and get easily distracted by shiny things.

As for the introverts who wish they were extroverts I met an INTJ man who totally seemed like an extrovert. Lots of introverts can and do seem sociable and can start and carry on conversations. The introversion doesn't necessarily mean shyness. You can certainly overcome talk jitters.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

I'm happy with what the type gods gave me, but the inherent weaknesses of any type can be suxors, point is being aware so you can do something about them. Nothing in your typology can prevent you from getting where you want to be if you know where you want to be and what is holding you back.

Ya'll can't be ENTP 7w8s, sorry, but we need you other types to give us entertainment

@VagrantFarce: I can't really tell if you are talking to me or RevlisZero or everyone Great words... but if you're directing this to me as well it's not a matter of developing some "side" (I'm already an ambivert) but more of just being able to keep a long conversation going at all. That takes more than a friendly smile and wave. It takes.... well, it takes different things for different people but generally a "being on the same page," which often involves a certain level of depth, or at least takes a starting spark, that's hard to get to if you feel all tired and crummy in the first place. Gotta love them Catch 22s
    I'm not really directing at anyone, just whoever is reading
    Hello

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    N/A

I'm not sure I would want to be any other enneagram type. Maybe 7 (it would be cool to be an ISTJ 7). But all of them are not very attractive, which is the point.
    I don't see any invisible treasure chests.

• MBTI? ISTJ
    • Enneagram? 6 with a strong 7 wing
    • Brony? Yes
    • Stereotypes?