User Tag List

First 123

Anew Leaf

@Kasper: what are 9's fear/desires?

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Owfin View Post
    I too, relate to more than one basic desire in types. In my case, 6 and 7.

You can figure out which type you are by asking yourself, "If I had to, which desire would I give up?" For me, I would have given up the 7 desire if push came to shove, leaving my enneagram type as 6.
    6w7.

I can relate to the drivers of my w8 as well as my E7, just not as strong.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    @Kasper: what are 9's fear/desires?

Nines are accepting, trusting, and stable. They are usually creative, optimistic, and supportive, but can also be too willing to go along with others to keep the peace. They want everything to go smoothly and be without conflict, but they can also tend to be complacent, simplifying problems and minimizing anything upsetting. They typically have problems with inertia and stubbornness. At their Best: indomitable and all-embracing, they are able to bring people together and heal conflicts.

Basic Fear: Of loss and separation
    Basic Desire: To have inner stability "peace of mind"
    Key Motivations: Want to create harmony in their environment, to avoid conflicts and tension, to preserve things as they are, to resist whatever would upset or disturb them.

From here

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    Nines are accepting, trusting, and stable. They are usually creative, optimistic, and supportive, but can also be too willing to go along with others to keep the peace. They want everything to go smoothly and be without conflict, but they can also tend to be complacent, simplifying problems and minimizing anything upsetting. They typically have problems with inertia and stubbornness. At their Best: indomitable and all-embracing, they are able to bring people together and heal conflicts.

Basic Fear: Of loss and separation
    Basic Desire: To have inner stability "peace of mind"
    Key Motivations: Want to create harmony in their environment, to avoid conflicts and tension, to preserve things as they are, to resist whatever would upset or disturb them.

From here
    Thank you!!

I can see some 9 in me, but 4 is the strongest motivator/fear combination.

MBTI
    IsFJ

I relate to your confusion, Sat - I used to be more 5-like when I was a kid, but college made me less intellectually secure and more 6- and 9-ish in my behavior. :/

From what you've described in your blog, you've been having some internal conflict lately... I suppose that can create a certain "bi-polarity" (in a non-clinical sense) in your behavior (@Thunderbringer once made an excellent post about how every Enneatype had its "counter-vice", not just the Six, I suggest asking him).

Hope you find your "center of balance" soon.
    Tentative typing: ISFJ 6w5 or 9w1 (Sp/S[?]).

Quote Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
    I relate to your confusion, Sat - I used to be more 5-like when I was a kid, but college made me less intellectually secure and more 6- and 9-ish in my behavior. :/

From what you've described in your blog, you've been having some internal conflict lately... I suppose that can create a certain "bi-polarity" (in a non-clinical sense) in your behavior (@Thunderbringer once made an excellent post about how every Enneatype had its "counter-vice", not just the Six, I suggest asking him).

Hope you find your "center of balance" soon.
    Ooh, I like this counter-vice idea. I just looked up "counter-sloth" and it actually fits me very well, and solves one of the main issues I had with type 9.

I've come to the realization that I'm a particular kind of 9 that is not described at all in the literature, which I have given the term "counter-slothic nine." It is exactly as you described. Counter-slothic 9s focus so much on being aware, and fear not being aware of themselves, that they over-indulge in introspection to the point that they actually become asleep to themselves and living their lives. Introspection becomes a substitute for actually living their lives and showing up and drawing attention to themselves.

Remember that nines are part of the body/instinct triad -it's not enough to say peace of mind, it's an entirely serene state of being where their whole drive switches off and they collapse into their own body and state of inertia. They become like rocks in a riverbed - no drive of their own, sinking ino the mud, moving with the current when it becomes strong enough but never of their own volition. It isn't fear that drives them, it's a lack of drive, a reliance on inertia, that they must battle with.
    Hello

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

I think of nines as people with no anger, no anxiety and no shame... they have nothing, which is both good and bad. Not sure if I'm right or not though.
    5 3 9

Quote Originally Posted by Asterion View Post
    I think of nines as people with no anger, no anxiety and no shame... they have nothing, which is both good and bad. Not sure if I'm right or not though.
    I may or may not be a 9, but that's not true at all for me.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Asterion View Post
    I think of nines as people with lots of anger that they try to ignore... actually, a lot of things, which they try to ignore.
    I don't see any invisible treasure chests.

• MBTI? ISTJ
    • Enneagram? 6 with a strong 7 wing
    • Brony? Yes
    • Stereotypes?