Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    Does your base fear, desire and motivation change? My own experience is they don't, I relate rather strongly to two different E-types myself, but the base fear, desire and motivation for me is consistently E7. While we may express ourselves differently depending on where we are, underneath is still the same.
    Where do you sit with that?
    Saying that you're INFP isn't enough?
    DEFINITELY 7
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Anew Leaf

Does your base fear, desire and motivation change? My own experience is they don't, I relate rather strongly to two different E-types myself, but the base fear, desire and motivation for me is consistently E7. While we may express ourselves differently depending on where we are, underneath is still the same.

Well, cutting it down to just that... I am definitely a four then.

That was easier than I thought .

Anew Leaf

Well, cutting it down to just that... I am definitely a four then.

That was easier than I thought .

Doesn't work for me...I relate to the basic desires of both 9 and 4, I think, but neither of the basic fears.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by RevlisZero View Post
    Doesn't work for me...I relate to the basic desires of both 9 and 4, I think, but neither of the basic fears.
    I too, relate to more than one basic desire in types. In my case, 6 and 7.

You can figure out which type you are by asking yourself, "If I had to, which desire would I give up?" For me, I would have given up the 7 desire if push came to shove, leaving my enneagram type as 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Owfin View Post
    I too, relate to more than one basic desire in types. In my case, 6 and 7.

You can figure out which type you are by asking yourself, "If I had to, which desire would I give up?" For me, I would have given up the 7 desire if push came to shove, leaving my enneagram type as 6.
    Hmm...maybe. But I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out what exactly "peace of mind" is, since it means something different to different people. For now I'm interpreting it as being free from emotional pain. If that interpretation works, I think I would choose 9's desire over 4's.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    N/A

Hmm...maybe. But I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out what exactly "peace of mind" is, since means something different to different people. For now I'm interpreting it as being free from emotional pain. If that interpretation works, I think I would choose 9's desire over 4's.
    Hmm, interesting. Do you identify with 7 at all, since their desire is to avoid/escape pain?

Quote Originally Posted by Owfin View Post
    Hmm, interesting. Do you identify with 7 at all, since their desire is to avoid/escape pain?
    7's are like my complete opposite. I'm very introverted and not particularly cheerful or adventurous. I do think the motivation fits though, I just don't act on it in the same way that 7's do. I avoid pain by withdrawing.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    N/A

7's are like my complete opposite. I'm very introverted and not particularly cheerful or adventurous. I do think the motivation fits though, I just don't act on it in the same way that 7's do. I avoid pain by withdrawing.
    That makes sense. From what you have said before and this, you do seem like a nine.

I find it fascinating how a lot of enneagram types have similar motivations, but they act on it in totally different ways.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Then you're 9.

The type who doesn't know who they are

To compensate for being out of touch with their instinctual energies, Nines also retreat into their minds and their emotional fantasies. (This is why Nines can sometimes misidentify themselves as Fives and Sevens, “head types,” or as Twos and Fours, “feeling types.”) ...

We have sometimes called the Nine the crown of the Enneagram because it is at the top of the symbol and because it seems to include the whole of it. Nines can have the strength of Eights, the sense of fun and adventure of Sevens, the dutifulness of Sixes, the intellectualism of Fives, the creativity of Fours, the attractiveness of Threes, the generosity of Twos, and the idealism of Ones. However, what they generally do not have is a sense of really inhabiting themselves—a strong sense of their own identity.