User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Riva

Oh mine wasn't easy at all. When I tested I got 7.
    But for a long time I believed I was an enneagram 3 due to it being a close 2nd in the tests results and me being somewhat achievement conscious.

Then came Chloe, Elfboy and Speed Gavroche and made me realize I am indeed an enneagram 7.
    The descriptions helped, especially the descriptions as to how one behaves under stress.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    And then you cried again didn't you?

1st it was INFJ then it was enneagram 4 .

It's a cruel cruel world .
    Other types might not get us, but we are unique, special little things tucked away in the secret corners of the world

4w5 sp/sx EII

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by RevlisZero View Post
    Of these descriptions, I relate most to the 5, actually, and least to the INFP 9w1 (he seems too extraverted compared to me).
    My INFP boyfriend would never call himself extraverted, but he's secretly a people person when he's with the people he loves. That said, he never realized people mattered that much until he was separated from them. When he was in the comfort of his home and his group of friends, he thought he didn't care for people at all.

My 5w6 dad, though, was quite extraverted when he was younger. He was quite popular among his friends and had loads of them. He still keeps his friends, but can easily drop them when something more important comes up.

Because 9s seek acceptance, ultimately what they crave is a close circle of loved ones who will never abandon them. It doesn't mean they have to be with their loved ones all the time, but the feeling of connection has to be maintained. 5s, on the other hand, have the tendency to move away from people to learn how to be completely self-sufficient so that they will be well-equipped to face and deal with the world. Again, this doesn't mean they have to shut people out of their lives, but they feel like they have to be prepared to ultimately make it on their own even without other people.

(Of course, this is all less obvious and more confusing for sp-9s and sx-5s >_<)

Anyway, I think you can also tell from your direction from integration/disintegration. 5 when spooked goes to 7 (numerous unfinished projects, nervous energy, experience cravings, etc.) and goes to 8 when calm (decisive, self-assured, less self-negligent). 9 goes to 6 when spooked (suspicious, rebelling or overly compliant) and goes to 3 when calm (motivated, more objective).

By 'spooked' I mean 'taken out of their comfort zone'. It can happen because of a new environment, new acquaintance, or just new everyday happenings that make you 'feel weird'. That's not a really good explanation, but you get what I mean

The most hurtful would probably be someone thinking that I'm an idiot or a weirdo.
    Idiot or weirdo -- pick one
    If you're most hurt by 'idiot' then you're a 5. If it's 'weirdo' then you're a 9.
    4w5 sp/sx EII

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

The main thing you need if you can't work out your type, is time, and quality information. Information in the web is often not good enough, same with tests, and often typings made by people on forums here as EJCC experienced, there is a limit to what you can discern with such a small amount of information. In my experience, you need to read through a book written by a professional on the type(s) you suspect you are.

This is also surprisingly helpful on getting to know what all of the types are like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqTSD8a7Cfk, there are hour long videos with interviews for types 3 through to 9, they are very good, and give a great idea of what each type is like. They don't quite cover as much detail as the books do though, of course.

For some people though, their type is obvious to them, others will struggle for a long time.
    5 3 9

Enneagram
    5w4

Of these descriptions, I relate most to the 5, actually, and least to the INFP 9w1 (he seems too extraverted compared to me).

This is fun.

The most hurtful would probably be someone thinking that I'm an idiot or a weirdo.
    Key key word: "Just for the fun of it."

Actually, I'd find it a compliment if someone considered me weird. That probably has a lot to do with my 4 wing.
    5w4
    Reserved RCUEI

Quote Originally Posted by 21% View Post
    My INFP boyfriend would never call himself extraverted, but he's secretly a people person when he's with the people he loves. That said, he never realized people mattered that much until he was separated from them. When he was in the comfort of his home and his group of friends, he thought he didn't care for people at all.

My 5w6 dad, though, was quite extraverted when he was younger. He was quite popular among his friends and had loads of them. He still keeps his friends, but can easily drop them when something more important comes up.

Because 9s seek acceptance, ultimately what they crave is a close circle of loved ones who will never abandon them. It doesn't mean they have to be with their loved ones all the time, but the feeling of connection has to be maintained. 5s, on the other hand, have the tendency to move away from people to learn how to be completely self-sufficient so that they will be well-equipped to face and deal with the world. Again, this doesn't mean they have to shut people out of their lives, but they feel like they have to be prepared to ultimately make it on their own even without other people.

(Of course, this is all less obvious and more confusing for sp-9s and sx-5s >_<)
    I'm not really sure what I need/want right now. I'm not sure I've ever really experienced this feeling of connection, though I'm not sure how much I relate to the need for self-sufficiency either.

Anyway, I think you can also tell from your direction from integration/disintegration. 5 when spooked goes to 7 (numerous unfinished projects, nervous energy, experience cravings, etc.) and goes to 8 when calm (decisive, self-assured, less self-negligent). 9 goes to 6 when spooked (suspicious, rebelling or overly compliant) and goes to 3 when calm (motivated, more objective).

By 'spooked' I mean 'taken out of their comfort zone'. It can happen because of a new environment, new acquaintance, or just new everyday happenings that make you 'feel weird'. That's not a really good explanation, but you get what I mean
    This is a part I'm not really sure about. I can only relate partially to the disintegration to both 6 and 7, and integration to 8 and 3 will probably look too similar to distinguish. I'll have to look into this more.

Idiot or weirdo -- pick one
    If you're most hurt by 'idiot' then you're a 5. If it's 'weirdo' then you're a 9.
    I can't separate them, they're the same in my mind. :P Being weird makes me feel like an idiot (though being an idiot doesn't make me feel weird, I guess ). But I suppose that between "idiot" and "weird", the word I'm more sensitive to by far is idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Vizzy View Post

Actually, I'd find it a compliment if someone considered me weird. That probably has a lot to do with my 4 wing.
    Really? Weird!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Vizzy View Post

Really? Weird!
    Me too! I also consider 'weird' a compliment

I'm actually offended when someone thinks I'm normal
    4w5 sp/sx EII

Banned
    MBTI
    heha
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp

Me too! I also consider 'weird' a compliment

I'm actually offended when someone thinks I'm normal
    *ahem* this is a really stereotypical and mediocre opinion. i suggest revising. it's subtracting from any weirdness.

Enneagram
    5w4

@21% - For me, being called "average" is nearly the same as being called a "failure". If I'm not outstanding, notable or above average in what I'm doing, then I've failed. I haven't done well enough.

I can't separate them, they're the same in my mind. :P Being weird makes me feel like an idiot (though being an idiot doesn't make me feel weird, I guess ). But I suppose that between "idiot" and "weird", the word I'm more sensitive to by far is idiot.
    You can't seperate being called weird and being called an idiot? I was a bit shocked when I read this. It's definitely something worth looking into and I'm sure it'd help in sorting out your Enneagram.

Before I go on giving my definitions, would you mind elaborating on what you said above?
    What makes those two words synonymous for you?
    Being weird makes you feel like an idiot?

Really? Weird!

Do you honestly think that's a weird point of view? Can you relate to it at all?
    5w4
    Reserved RCUEI

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

Yeah I agree on the weird thing, it's a compliment to me and it's most definitely better than being called mediocre. Not sure if that helps with finding your e-type though. If anything, I would think that most N's like being called weird.
    Chimera of Filth

A gruesome beast with dripping flesh
    Clings to me as a sick fixture
    My throbbing heart it gnawed apart
    It stalks and hunts me through mirrors