• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Tritype] 4-5-9 vs. 5-4-9

FireShield98

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp
Can someone provide a general description of what each is like? I've read one description of 5-4-9, but can't find one for 4-5-9. I'm asking this because I can't determine whether I'm a 4w5 or 5w4, and I hope that by determining my tritype (which is either 4-5-9 or 5-4-9), I'll be able to know what my enneagram type is too.

FireShield98

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp
I found this description of the two types at http://personalitycafe.com/enneagra...3452-27-tritype-archetype-descriptions-3.html

4-5-9 - The Introvert

A true introvert. The withdrawn likes to delve within them self in order to release their tensions and stress. The more problems that arise in their life the farther the find themselves from the external world.

459 - Knowledgeable and accepting 4. Most withdrawn and introspective 4, often an artisan, especially if self-preserving. Shy.

five with a nine fix: pattern seeking above all. whimsical exploration,
disposition of reluctant idealist. open minded,
philosophical perspective. can seem to lack focus
while associating groupings of information into larger
theories. likes people and humanity as a whole,
shares ideas and is relatively easy to get along with.

4-5-9 would rely on their sensations completely. This makes them the most self-focused of the types. Its about what you experience. Like a 9, they tend to avoid things they find uncomfortable (the keyword here is what they find uncomfortable. Not what is generally accepted as uncomfortable). Like a 5, tend to lean towards enrichment. And like a 4, establish their identity towards what they live through. Naturally, what we personally experience in ourselves (our emotions) are a part of what we experience. Since this type is so internally focused, they tend to live the most in their own minds and their own world. Thus, their five-fix tends to gather a lot of information on themselves. Their four-fix and ever changing sensations may make them slightly more likely to feel confused as to who they are. Experiencing this confusion, they may analyze this as a problem and perhaps something that shouldn't be(?). Well, like I said, I'd need to think about it more. But mainly, this fix relies heavily on what they go through and what they live through. Especially on feeling sensations. I'm not really quite sure on what else to say, really
5-4-9: shy, somewhat fragile and a bit romantic, such Fives tend to put on a congenial façade to hide their rich inner worlds from the society. They outwardly appear friendly but reserved, usually mysterious to other people who sense there is more depth and intensity hidden behind their amiable mask. These Fives have rich imaginations and love to immerse themselves in thoughts and fantasies. They are introspective, dreamy, creative and socially withdrawn, but also disorganized and painfully avoidant.
typical subtypes: self-preserving, sexual, 5w4
similar tritypes: 5-9-4, 9-5-4, 4-5-9
flavours: insightful, imaginative, enigmatic and unstructured

However, I still can't decide on which one is more like me. They both describe me pretty much perfectly. Sometimes I'm more like one, sometimes I'm more like the other. Should I make a choice between them or just continue considering myself to be both (also meaning I'll be both a 4w5 and 5w4)?

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
I think you have to figure out if you're a 5 or 4 full stop. I realised I was a 4 when I noticed that my biggest struggles as an early teen were 4 in nature, though I tested as a 7 or a 3.