• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which type do you not get?

Cloud of Thunder

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Which type in the circle do you fundamentally not get, whether because of personality, real-life example, or core desire?

Personally, I don't get 9s because they seem to have such a low opinion of themselves that they'll let almost anyone run over them just to keep the peace.

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
6's are the biggest conundrums to me. That sort of existential doubt is intense.

Do 9's really have a low opinion of themselves? Not sure about that one, I think they're just soft, in a good way.

rav3n

Enneagram 2s. Clingy, possessive, subservient behaviour. How embarrassing and demands to be abused.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
3s how is it possible to base your self image on an appearence/external ability? what is the point of being a workaholic when you've already made enough money to do whatever the hell you want?

4s if you're so focused on being unique, authentic and special, why do you hate yourself so much? why do you feel so much shame and negative emotions? why do you try so hard to be yourself in the first place? isn't it more authentic to do something that you feel like than something that is deliberately against what other people are doing?

1s why is there a "right" way to do everything? why do you emotionalize all of your habits and get so thrown out of whack when they don't go exactly how you want them to?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
the entire heart triad. shame? what the hell is that?

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
shame? what the hell is that?
^ I lol'd at this. :laugh:

I tend to get into heated arguments with type 5's, when discussing motivations, because I am so incredibly outward-focused almost to an evangelical degree (hello Te 1w2!!!), and they're so incredibly private in comparison, leaving everyone else to their own designs. It all depends on the 5, though. I mean, my dad is a 5 and he's way into social justice, volunteering, moral obligation to help people, etc. But with other 5s -- especially 5w4s (and really, 4w5s) -- I really get this vibe of selfishness, i.e. that their primary motivation in the world is all about themselves in a particular self-pitying way. I'll bet it's because my enneatype deterioration leads me to be equally detached, self-pitying, and self-involved, so I see it as a fatal flaw, because that's how I see it in myself. (Obviously my perspective is biased and irrational, for that reason, so jsyk that I'm aware of it.)

I also don't really get 9w1/1w9 apathy, for similar reasons.

/rambling.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Enneagrams 1, I guess.
It is like they can't understand that what they call ''right'' is the same thing someone else would call ''wrong''. Also, they hardly recognize their flaws.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Enneagrams 1, I guess.
It is like they can't understand that what they call ''right'' is the same thing someone else would call ''wrong''. Also, they hardly recognize their flaws.
To be fair, that last part depends on how healthy the 1 is.

I agree with the rest, though, from my experience. :doh:

Chloe

I get all types tbh. I didnt get 5s before, and sometimes still the level in which they cant feel [sometimes] shocks me.

I can only say what I dont like about some people of some types, because ex I know 7s who are great and loyal but i also know more than a few 7s who act as your best friend for years and then just dump you when you are no longer fun (didnt happen only to me), then i know 3s who backstab people and have no genuine empathy for others but also 3s who are far from that. with 1s it also depends how much they are healthy - but they are so controlling and actually maybe the type i relate least to because I DONT care about the details and ALL 1s I know are obsessed to have a spotless house, practically their main topic of conversation is how they need to clean or how they are behind with house chores. this is based on two INFJ 1s, and ENFJ 1. Also I dont like how they rarely give you and themselves credit but there is always silent unspoken comment "that could be better". infj 1 friend i have is actually person who hate herself the most out of everybody i know, she is 39 and still isnt able go give herself any empathy or acknowledgement.
4s -> omg i cant understand how can you believe that having a perfect partner will save you!?! that you cant live without [my] love etc :/
9s - some 9s seem so agenda-less that i want to scream and shake them until SOME determination doesnt come out of them. "Say what is important to you, what YOU WANT", its like it is impossible to wake them...!!!!! they are moon walking

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I really get this vibe of selfishness, i.e. that their primary motivation in the world is all about themselves in a particular self-pitying way. I'll bet it's because my enneatype deterioration leads me to be equally detached, self-pitying, and self-involved, so I see it as a fatal flaw, because that's how I see it in myself. (Obviously my perspective is biased and irrational, for that reason, so jsyk that I'm aware of it.)
Yes, self-pitying can be an issue. Can't speak for every 5, but I believe the key for me is reciprocity. Deep down, I think everyone's motivation is selfish. Some feel better about themselves by volunteering, so they do it to feel better about themselves. It's the called ''need to feel important''. I just happen to not feel important that way. :mellow:
To be fair, that last part depends on how healthy the 1 is.
:yes:
I agree with the rest, though, from my experience. :doh:
:hug:

Chloe

the entire heart triad. shame? what the hell is that?

I dont think shame is so much heart triad related thing, i think this is one of the biggest and most common flaws in interpreting the enneagram ...

after all, feeling no shame means you dont have any conscience.. because every person who has conscience is shame-based.

shame can be a good thing

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
3s. I don't tend to know that many career-focused people, and from the descriptions I've read of 3 I have this (no doubt faulty and/or incomplete) picture of someone who's just obsessed with their career and looking good.

It doesn't seem that there are many people who identify as 3 on here, either. IRL I can think of people I know who are definitely 2s, 4s, 5s, 6s, 7s, and 9s, and probably 1s and 8s as well though I'm slightly less sure. But 3s? I really don't know.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I dont think shame is so much heart triad related thing, i think this is one of the biggest and most common flaws in interpreting the enneagram ...

Yes. And and lany people on the Heart Triad are completely shameless.

Chloe

3s. I don't tend to know that many career-focused people, and from the descriptions I've read of 3 I have this (no doubt faulty and/or incomplete) picture of someone who's just obsessed with their career and looking good.

It doesn't seem that there are many people who identify as 3 on here, either. IRL I can think of people I know who are definitely 2s, 4s, 5s, 6s, 7s, and 9s, and probably 1s and 8s as well though I'm slightly less sure. But 3s? I really don't know.

3 is among the most common types (even the most common according to some enneagram teachers) so you are not seeing them probably because you're mistyping them. even I as a 3, was a friend with a girl who is a 3, for about 4-5 months, and we had quite intimate convos so it wasnt superficial and when i had to guesss her e-type i said she's 1 or 7 - she ended up 3...

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
6's are the biggest conundrums to me. That sort of existential doubt is intense.

Well if you thrive for definite infinitives and answers, existance prolly is your biggest challenge. You should read "Camus - The Stranger" but if you do, make sure you have no gun at hand when your finished. Its an evil book

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Type 2 because their motivations and behavior is so opposite of mine. I'm independent and like to go it alone much of the time. I like to be lost in my own thoughts and pursue my own intellectual interests. 2's seem to need to interact with people all the time. They help others out to the point where they deny their own needs. Well, the unhealthy ones do. It's not the way I'd prefer to live my life.

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
3 is among the most common types (even the most common according to some enneagram teachers) so you are not seeing them probably because you're mistyping them. even I as a 3, was a friend with a girl who is a 3, for about 4-5 months, and we had quite intimate convos so it wasnt superficial and when i had to guesss her e-type i said she's 1 or 7 - she ended up 3...

Yeah, I could see that. There are definitely a few types which could look somewhat like something else but be 3s.

On this site though I think they are mistyping themselves. ;) I can't think of any 3s on TypeC? Or maybe one or two at the most?

Chloe

Yeah, I could see that. There are definitely a few types which could look somewhat like something else but be 3s.

On this site though I think they are mistyping themselves. ;) I can't think of any 3s on TypeC? Or maybe one or two at the most?

out of regular posters there are almost 10 Threes :)

We work undercover though (actually, that is the definition of 3?)

we can wear different suits...

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Type 4s. So similar yet so different.... I get the individuality part but why does it often have to be so...melancholy?

There are at least a couple 3s here... I'm sort of an honorary 3w4 if that counts for anything :tongue: I have seriously considered that as my main type but I'm a little more 7w6 I think