User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Huxley3112 View Post
    I think the common 3 description is probably the most one sided thus limited scrips in egram, right up there with 6 and 9. this is not because egram researchers dropped the ball, its because the primes are the farthest removed in their triads and take on the issues of each side. Its easy then, to understand how these types could be incredibly difficult to categorize, thus recognize and understand. I have just recently come to see myself as a 3 because the description is hazy in many aspects and too focused on things like money, status, and employment. I had to look at parental orientation and core motives many times before I realized it. 3s do often use their careers and status to define but not always. the majoritys perception of surface goodies is beginning to change and more than ever we see people embracing the ” your not your fucking khakis” mentality. 3s are especially adept at knowing what people want and seeing social trends, so more and more 3s are abandoning the classic and outdated symbol of superiority. The can be psychologist, missionaries, starving artists, house wives, anything. But whatever they are they will work relentlessly to be the absolute fucking best of it, and their accomplishments are made known.
    I think some societies glorify the ideal of the unhealthy Three, strange as it sounds. Threes can be fixated on seeking validation from something outside themselves, so they use self-promotion to receive assurance that they're "doing OK". However, if a Three gets stuck on that fixation, they can feel as if they are nothing more than what they do - the "human doing" syndrome (Winona Ryder's character from Black Swan, at least as Nina sees her, is a very good example). The integrated Three discovers a source of confidence within themselves, which allows them to be humble and independent without losing their drive to achieve their goals.

A shame, really. This competitive, cutthroat aspect of society can be quite cruel...

At least, that's how I see it.
    Tentative typing: ISFJ 6w5 or 9w1 (Sp/S[?]).

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

1's, 2's, and 3's. I don't get them fundamentally because all three are so far removed from my own processes. 1's are just very different from myself, while when I read the descriptions of 2's, I just see it through some kind of a bias of unhealthy stereotypes. (And maybe to me, they are unhealthy because I belong to such an age of individualism, and because I myself, am such an individualist), so it takes a lot of extra thought on my part to realize the truth about how 2's work. 3's- love/hate. Definitely. I actually test three a lot but then when reading the description it doesn't make any sense. I think I idolize them more than anything, because if I was a 3, I would have a lot more follow through. 3 is like something that I could use more of.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Sometimes I don't get any of these types; they all seem simplified, arbitrary, and un-realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    The type that stereotypes based on enneagram type.
    Agreed.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post

4s if you're so focused on being unique, authentic and special, why do you hate yourself so much? why do you feel so much shame and negative emotions? why do you try so hard to be yourself in the first place? isn't it more authentic to do something that you feel like than something that is deliberately against what other people are doing?
    I feel like it's a dirty job but somebody has to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    The type that stereotypes based on enneagram type.
    And there it is.

Permabanned

I get all types.
    Some, I don't understand.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Looks like Type 3 is the most popular response so far. Anybody who's a 3 want to explain themselves?

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud of Thunder View Post
    Looks like Type 3 is the most popular response so far. Anybody who's a 3 want to explain themselves?
    i will, once i am on PC, i am currently on iphone.
    EDIT: I think 3s are among the least understood because they are the only type that are ready to do almost *anything* to "succeed". all other types have some requierments, other goals, while 3s main goal is to succeed and not to preserve their real "agenda" and heart. Of course this is the most confusing because one of the main human characteristic is to feel and 3s sell themselves out unconsciously. so unhealthy 3 is the least "human like" of all types, at least it acts that way, people cant relate to that.

3s are called "human doings", machines. People dont relate well to machines. Its that simple.

2nd reason, already stated couple of times in the thread : Three descriptions are very unrealistic and extreme, people read the description and say they dont relate to that (even 3s read the descriptions and dont relate !) and aren't aware of people who are 3s in their lives.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

My sister's a 3, so I think I understand 3s quite well. It's all about feeling worthy, and if 3s feel that if they're not smart/beautiful/rich/benevolent (or whatever quality they choose to view as 'successful'), they aren't 'worthy' of love. The society the Three lives in will probably determine what the Three does to get "love" (acceptance). Deep down, however, they just want to lie in bed and be completely useless and still have people give them a hug and tell them it's okay to be who they are even when they don't do anything.

I find it difficult to understand Types 6, 7, 8. I can understand the descriptions, but I just can't seem to relate much to the motivations. (Type 7 needs to be 'happy'? As a 4, I don't feel any real need to be happy. Like, who needs happiness when you can sulk and think about depressing stuff all day? )
    4w5 sp/sx EII

Quote Originally Posted by 21% View Post
    As a 4, I don't feel any real need to be happy. Like, who needs happiness when you can sulk and think about depressing stuff all day? )
    Happiness is alert to you that something is missing?