User Tag List

First 12345 Last

brainheart

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    4s if you're so focused on being unique, authentic and special, why do you hate yourself so much? why do you feel so much shame and negative emotions? why do you try so hard to be yourself in the first place? isn't it more authentic to do something that you feel like than something that is deliberately against what other people are doing?
    1. I only hate myself when I'm unhealthy, and it's because I don't feel unique, authentic, and special. 2. I only feel shame and negative emotions when I'm unhealthy- shame because I don't feel unique, authentic, and special; negative emotions because sometimes they feel good, it feels good to feel anything and everything. 3. It's important to be myself because this is the only life I've got. 4. Yes. I don't go deliberately against what others are doing, I do what I want to do which can be interpreted as "going against" by others.

The enneagram type I don't get at all is Elfboy.

brainheart

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    Yes. And and lany people on the Heart Triad are completely shameless.
    That's called counter shame. Reacting to your shame by acting shameless. Kind of like being counterphobic.

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Chloe View Post
    3 is among the most common types (even the most common according to some enneagram teachers) so you are not seeing them probably because you're mistyping them. even I as a 3, was a friend with a girl who is a 3, for about 4-5 months, and we had quite intimate convos so it wasnt superficial and when i had to guesss her e-type i said she's 1 or 7 - she ended up 3...
    I think the common 3 description is probably the most one sided thus limited scrips in egram, right up there with 6 and 9. this is not because egram researchers dropped the ball, its because the primes are the farthest removed in their triads and take on the issues of each side. Its easy then, to understand how these types could be incredibly difficult to categorize, thus recognize and understand. I have just recently come to see myself as a 3 because the description is hazy in many aspects and too focused on things like money, status, and employment. I had to look at parental orientation and core motives many times before I realized it. 3s do often use their careers and status to define but not always. the majoritys perception of surface goodies is beginning to change and more than ever we see people embracing the ” your not your fucking khakis” mentality. 3s are especially adept at knowing what people want and seeing social trends, so more and more 3s are abandoning the classic and outdated symbol of superiority. The can be psychologist, missionaries, starving artists, house wives, anything. But whatever they are they will work relentlessly to be the absolute fucking best of it, and their accomplishments are made known.
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

Quote Originally Posted by Huxley3112 View Post
    I think the common 3 description is probably the most one sided thus limited scrips in egram, right up there with 6 and 9. this is not because egram researchers dropped the ball, its because the primes are the farthest removed in their triads and take on the issues of each side. Its easy then, to understand how these types could be incredibly difficult to categorize, thus recognize and understand. I have just recently come to see myself as a 3 because the description is hazy in many aspects and too focused on things like money, status, and employment. I had to look at parental orientation and core motives many times before I realized it. 3s do often use their careers and status to define but not always. the majoritys perception of surface goodies is beginning to change and more than ever we see people embracing the ” your not your fucking khakis” mentality. 3s are especially adept at knowing what people want and seeing social trends, so more and more 3s are abandoning the classic and outdated symbol of superiority. The can be psychologist, missionaries, starving artists, house wives, anything. But whatever they are they will work relentlessly to be the absolute fucking best of it, and their accomplishments are made known.
    you think you are a 3? I remember repping you 10 days ago about it, dont know do you remember..

Glycerine

1 and 6. I thought I was neurotic but they seem to have me beat by a long shot. One of my friends is a 6w5 ISTJ female.... she's so awesome and funny but I don't relate to the level of neuroticism she has. lol

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Chloe View Post
    you think you are a 3? I remember repping you 10 days ago about it, dont know do you remember..
    Yes I belive I am. And ive had quite a few people message me that thought I was, but honestly I rejected the notion based on the descriptions. And tbf, I do infact have very heavy 4 wing. Probably 55/45 tops. (if there was some way to determine degree.)
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    1s why is there a "right" way to do everything? why do you emotionalize all of your habits and get so thrown out of whack when they don't go exactly how you want them to?
    It's a control thing. Many 1s see the way the world could be and should be and are disappointed that it isn't. I know for me, there is a long list of things I would change about the world, which may or may not be practical.

Anyway, I also don't get 2s. They seem to make a big deal about how giving they are, which mystifies me. Compassion doesn't exactly come naturally to me.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    3s. I don't tend to know that many career-focused people, and from the descriptions I've read of 3 I have this (no doubt faulty and/or incomplete) picture of someone who's just obsessed with their career and looking good.

It doesn't seem that there are many people who identify as 3 on here, either. IRL I can think of people I know who are definitely 2s, 4s, 5s, 6s, 7s, and 9s, and probably 1s and 8s as well though I'm slightly less sure. But 3s? I really don't know.
    I dunno. One of my best friends is a 3, though. And his obsession with image can be seen in these ways:
    1) Vanity ("Does my hair look good? How about now?" Yes, friend, your hair looks good, because it always looks good, because it always looks the same.)
    2) Doing absolutely everything that he can do. You don't know how many times I've heard him give me updates on his life that go "So I'm continuing with my plan to become fluent in all of the U.N. Official Languages before I die, and starting to take Chinese, since I'm already proficient in Arabic, Spanish and French. Also, did I tell you that I'm learning to play a fourth musical instrument?"
    3) Having a very hard time relaxing/letting go in social situations. Because he's a 3w2, a lot of the image he tries to project is a sort of fairy godmother image -- benevolent, always friendly, always wise, and a perfect host too. So he may seem like he's "letting go" at a party, but that's part of the image too. He seems to be of the impression that in order to REALLY relax, he has to drink.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

3's. who are you trying to impress? why do you care?

The type that stereotypes based on enneagram type.