User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    I really get this vibe of selfishness, i.e. that their primary motivation in the world is all about themselves in a particular self-pitying way. I'll bet it's because my enneatype deterioration leads me to be equally detached, self-pitying, and self-involved, so I see it as a fatal flaw, because that's how I see it in myself. (Obviously my perspective is biased and irrational, for that reason, so jsyk that I'm aware of it.)
    Yes, self-pitying can be an issue. Can't speak for every 5, but I believe the key for me is reciprocity. Deep down, I think everyone's motivation is selfish. Some feel better about themselves by volunteering, so they do it to feel better about themselves. It's the called ''need to feel important''. I just happen to not feel important that way.
    To be fair, that last part depends on how healthy the 1 is.

I agree with the rest, though, from my experience.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    the entire heart triad. shame? what the hell is that?
    I dont think shame is so much heart triad related thing, i think this is one of the biggest and most common flaws in interpreting the enneagram ...

after all, feeling no shame means you dont have any conscience.. because every person who has conscience is shame-based.

shame can be a good thing

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

3s. I don't tend to know that many career-focused people, and from the descriptions I've read of 3 I have this (no doubt faulty and/or incomplete) picture of someone who's just obsessed with their career and looking good.

It doesn't seem that there are many people who identify as 3 on here, either. IRL I can think of people I know who are definitely 2s, 4s, 5s, 6s, 7s, and 9s, and probably 1s and 8s as well though I'm slightly less sure. But 3s? I really don't know.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Chloe View Post
    I dont think shame is so much heart triad related thing, i think this is one of the biggest and most common flaws in interpreting the enneagram ...
    Yes. And and lany people on the Heart Triad are completely shameless.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    3s. I don't tend to know that many career-focused people, and from the descriptions I've read of 3 I have this (no doubt faulty and/or incomplete) picture of someone who's just obsessed with their career and looking good.

It doesn't seem that there are many people who identify as 3 on here, either. IRL I can think of people I know who are definitely 2s, 4s, 5s, 6s, 7s, and 9s, and probably 1s and 8s as well though I'm slightly less sure. But 3s? I really don't know.

3 is among the most common types (even the most common according to some enneagram teachers) so you are not seeing them probably because you're mistyping them. even I as a 3, was a friend with a girl who is a 3, for about 4-5 months, and we had quite intimate convos so it wasnt superficial and when i had to guesss her e-type i said she's 1 or 7 - she ended up 3...

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by animenagai View Post
    6's are the biggest conundrums to me. That sort of existential doubt is intense.
    Well if you thrive for definite infinitives and answers, existance prolly is your biggest challenge. You should read "Camus - The Stranger" but if you do, make sure you have no gun at hand when your finished. Its an evil book
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Type 2 because their motivations and behavior is so opposite of mine. I'm independent and like to go it alone much of the time. I like to be lost in my own thoughts and pursue my own intellectual interests. 2's seem to need to interact with people all the time. They help others out to the point where they deny their own needs. Well, the unhealthy ones do. It's not the way I'd prefer to live my life.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Chloe View Post
    3 is among the most common types (even the most common according to some enneagram teachers) so you are not seeing them probably because you're mistyping them. even I as a 3, was a friend with a girl who is a 3, for about 4-5 months, and we had quite intimate convos so it wasnt superficial and when i had to guesss her e-type i said she's 1 or 7 - she ended up 3...
    Yeah, I could see that. There are definitely a few types which could look somewhat like something else but be 3s.

On this site though I think they are mistyping themselves. I can't think of any 3s on TypeC? Or maybe one or two at the most?
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

Yeah, I could see that. There are definitely a few types which could look somewhat like something else but be 3s.

On this site though I think they are mistyping themselves. I can't think of any 3s on TypeC? Or maybe one or two at the most?
    out of regular posters there are almost 10 Threes

We work undercover though (actually, that is the definition of 3?)

we can wear different suits...

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Type 4s. So similar yet so different.... I get the individuality part but why does it often have to be so...melancholy?

There are at least a couple 3s here... I'm sort of an honorary 3w4 if that counts for anything I have seriously considered that as my main type but I'm a little more 7w6 I think