• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Riva's random Eneagram questions thread.

R

Riva

Riva's random MBTI and Eneagram questions and observations thread.

Oh,

Others can drop their inquiries too.

This thread is 'so' that I do not have to bother specific people on the forum and could wait till someone voluntarily chooses to help.

:)

Last edited:

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't have any questions but for what it's worth I think you are a 7w6. :)

R

Riva

Well you read my mind. I was going to ask what people think what my enneagram type is and guide them to my type thread.

Anyway I am more interested in posting video clips and inquiring as to what the E types of the characters in those.

Oh, and I also believe I am a E 3.

Assuming I am a E 7, why not E7w8 but E 7w6?

Aren't E 7w8s more aggressive. Do I not come across as aggressive in the forum at times?

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh, and I also believe I am a E 3.
Seems unlikely to me, but you may be right.
Assuming I am a E 7, why not E7w8 but E 7w6?
7w8s have a sort of J vibe that you don't have. Also, you have a vibe similar to allegorystory, which I think is 7w6 as well.
Aren't E 7w8s more aggressive. Do I not come across as aggressive in the forum at times?
Well, it depends. For FJs parameters, likely. For NTs/ISTPs parameters, hardly. :D

R

Riva

I could very well be wrong :). I have my doubts.
6w5 I was told, I was by Elfboy or maybe even a E 3.
Though he voted more on E 7w6.

7w8s have a sort of J vibe that you don't have. Also, you have a vibe similar to allegorystory, which I think is 7w6 as well.
One of my favourite ENTPs she is.
I should not forget Antimony.
Much younger the latter is to me (though it is not evident from her posts), and much the same of age the former is to me I believe in age.
I had her in mind to say if any one asked me which member is most similar to me in my opinion.
She seems more easy going than I am. An obvious 7w6 to me.

Well, it depends. For FJs parameters, likely. For NTs/ISTPs parameters, hardly. :D
Lolz....

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I have no idea what you're talking about.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I could very well be wrong :). I have my doubts.
6w5 I was told, I was by Elfboy or maybe even a E 3.
Though he voted more on E 7w6.
I find mosts 3s kinda showy. You seem like you are just being yourself, more worried about having fun than giving off a certain image.
I have no idea what you're talking about.
In most cases I think it is just developed Te. As a Ti-dom, I think I'm quite sensitive to it, so it feels like a TJ vibe sometimes. Got it? :thinking:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
In most cases I think it is just developed Te. As a Ti-dom, I think I'm quite sensitive to it, so it feels like a TJ vibe sometimes. Got it? :thinking:

oh, if that's what you meant, definitely

Chloe

I find mosts 3s kinda showy. You seem like you are just being yourself, more worried about having fun than giving off a certain image.

Coming from a 3 : agreed.

BUT: he could be showy and his show is "i am having fun" ;)
if i remember correctly, Riva is into buddhism a lot, and if you are more mature and grounded 3, it can come off as .. not showy. because mature 3s arent.

My doubt for 7 is mere fact that he is questioning it so much, and 3s (together with other core types) question their type the most.

After all Riva, you need to read descriptions of both, deeper motivations, and comment are those yours... nobody can know other way. especially not from videos.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Coming from a 3 : agreed.

BUT: he could be showy and his show is "i am having fun" ;)

That's what I guessed too.

if i remember correctly, Riva is into buddhism a lot, and if you are more mature and grounded 3, it can come off as .. not showy. because mature 3s arent.

Is'nt the Type 3 buddhist the one who is the most stressful and competitive about about showing he is the best at relaxation and meditation? :biggrin:

Chloe

Is'nt the Type 3 buddhist the one who is the most stressful and competitive about about showing he is the best at relaxation and meditation? :biggrin:

hahahaha. yeah that is our trap :p but us, Wisdom Filled Threes, like Riva and me, can rise above that almost animal instinct. We can do it the fastest actually :) that is sooooooo good ...

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
hahahaha. yeah that is our trap :p but us, Wisdom Filled Threes, like Riva and me, can rise above that almost animal instinct. We can do it the fastest actually :) that is sooooooo good ...

For sure, 3s can quickly become spiritual leaders. I've seen somewhere that Moses was a 3w2 Sx/Sp. Being at the center of the Heart Center give them strong potential to be inspirational for sure. Obama is a 3 after all.

R

Riva

I have absolutely no questions.
This is not like me.
What is going on?

Wait, I got one -
Which enneagram type hates themselves the most?
Such complicated questions I have.

R

Riva

Despite Enneagram 4s-

Being described as types that have trouble with self-pitty,

Enneagram 4w3s on the forum,

appear to be the happiest and most flippant of all INFXs :).

This observational shocker mainly applies to INFJs :).

Hmm....

But how is it a question?

An observation it is that you the reader should agree upon, shed some light on it as to why or prove me wrong.

--

Enneagram 4w5 seem to be having self doubt issues to me.
4w3 s don't, atleast not as much as 4w5s.

typologywhore

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Hmm....

An observation it is that you the reader should agree upon, shed some light on it as to why or prove me wrong.

--

Certainly a nice/encouraging thing to hear--because it means my plan is working! -cue mildly psychotic laughter-

...Ahem. :)

But I think it may be, to some extent, just be the "appearance" of this, rather than the straightforward truth. The w3 wants to be engaging/liked, and is more consciously involved in creating and projecting a desirable image to the world than the harder-edged 4w5. The melancholy and vulnerability of the 4 is squashed down, hidden. It isn't wanted (not to imply that 4w5's want them, either; but I think the rejection is more emphatic in the w3). Acting cheerfully/happily/flippantly around others is a counter-depressive mechanism; the aspiration is to be happier, more optimistic, more likeable, and so the individual chooses to act this way consciously, to bring them closer to that.

But then, to come 'round in a circle, this mechanism, when employed effectively, really ought to make the individual happier after all..

Disclaimer: my 7 fix may be skewing this.

So yeah. :)

R

Riva

[MENTION=6336]AphroditeGoneAwry[/MENTION] -

You do have point, but I had the below mentioned point made by DD in the back of my mind when I made that post :).

the aspiration is to be happier, more optimistic, more likeable, and so the individual chooses to act this way consciously, to bring them closer to that.

Also I had [MENTION=6561]OrangeAppled[/MENTION] in my mind when I made those positive comments on E 4W3s. I visited her profile page (stalked :ninja:) a few minutes back and was disappointed to see that she is typed as 4w5.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=6336]AphroditeGoneAwry[/MENTION] -

You do have point, but I had the below mentioned point made by DD in the back of my mind when I made that post :).

Also I had [MENTION=6561]OrangeAppled[/MENTION] in my mind when I made those positive comments on E 4W3s. I visited her profile page (stalked :ninja:) a few minutes back and was disappointed to see that she is typed as 4w5.

Yeah, I dunno. I'm no enneagram guru, but I think it's more about expression than contentment. 4w5s would be more cerebrally inclined/stoic, and 4w3s more bodily inclined/gregarious. I can see where you are coming from with "happy and flippant" and the part that is offensive is the 'happy' part. Any type can be happy, right? I see enneagram as a descriptor for how ego affectation overlays personality. But, just as with MBTI, one must stop before misjudging others' expressions as content>discontent. I guess you could construe that from the direction an e type is headed (tritype?), but even then, it's tricky.

Maybe you just like more the extraverted nature of 4w3 vs 4w5. :)

B

brainheart

Hmm....

--

Maybe this is a wing thing but my guess is it's more of an instinctual variant issue. Self pres types seem more sure of themselves to me, probably because their instinct is internally focused. sx and so types look for something outside of themselves for completion so it makes sense to me they would experience more self doubt.

I'm starting to think more and more wings don't matter all that much, possibly not instinctual stackings either. Distill me to my essence and I'm a type four sexual variant. The rest seems somewhat superfluous.

B

brainheart

After I posted the above I spotted this- http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/articles/NArtTina.asp

One: Stable mood neutral sense of well-being. Low anxiety, deliberate thinking, Medium confidence. Adequate drive, energy, & endurance.

Two: High sense of well-being. Content calm & happy. Some anxiety, good arousal level, stimulated but not restless. Medium confidence. Adequate drive, energy, & endurance.

Three: Stable mood neutral sense of well-being. Some anxiety, good arousal level, stimulated but not restless High confidence, energy, drive, and endurance.

Four: Low sense of well-being, reactive, moody, aggressive. Some anxiety, good arousal level, stimulated but not restless. Low confidence, drive, energy, & endurance.

Five: Stable mood neutral sense of well-being. High anxiety, restless mind, high-strung, over-stimulated Low confidence, drive, energy, & endurance.

Six: Low sense of well-being, reactive, moody, aggressive. High anxiety, restless mind, high-strung, over-stimulated Medium confidence. Adequate drive, energy, & endurance.

Seven: High sense of well-being. Content calm & happy. High anxiety, restless mind, high-strung, over-stimulated High confidence energy, drive, and endurance.

Eight: Low sense of well-being, reactive, moody, aggressive. Low anxiety, deliberate thinking, High confidence, energy drive, and endurance.

Nine: High sense of well-being. Content calm & happy. Low anxiety, deliberate thinking, Low confidence, drive, energy, & endurance.

Maybe those uber happy, flippant 4w3s aren't really 4w3s? Maybe they're 2s, 7s, or 9s? Or at the very least, not 4? (or 6 or 8)

Just a thought...

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
OrangeAppled in my mind when I made those positive comments on E 4W3s. I visited her profile page (stalked :ninja:) a few minutes back and was disappointed to see that she is typed as 4w5.

I've had a few people suggest that, but most seem to see me squarely as 4w5. As far as emotional motivations & identifying traits go, the 4w5 fits me better over all. True, I am flippant, but I am not as socially geared as the 4w3, lack the ambition & competitive streak that often makes them more successful & less self-sabotaging, and am not much of a "performer" when it comes to expression. I'd argue my flippancy is more an aspect of a prickly 4 with a 5 wing than any jovial attitude.

I also have my 4w5 mind twin [MENTION=5871]Southern Kross[/MENTION] to testify :tongue: .

As for self-doubt & being a half-glass-empty downer, I assure you I am. My mom was scolding me the other day for my negativity. It escalated into an argument where I insisted she just didn't understaaaaaaand. I'm known for sullenness & reservedness in person (sometimes unfairly, IMO), not a happy or optimistic demeanor. It's something I have to keep aware of & try to check because it, well, sabotages me. But I'm too often oblivious, and I get the sense 4w3s have a relatively higher awareness of their social image.