User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    Is'nt the Type 3 buddhist the one who is the most stressful and competitive about about showing he is the best at relaxation and meditation?
    hahahaha. yeah that is our trap :P but us, Wisdom Filled Threes, like Riva and me, can rise above that almost animal instinct. We can do it the fastest actually that is sooooooo good ...

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Chloe View Post
    hahahaha. yeah that is our trap :P but us, Wisdom Filled Threes, like Riva and me, can rise above that almost animal instinct. We can do it the fastest actually that is sooooooo good ...
    For sure, 3s can quickly become spiritual leaders. I've seen somewhere that Moses was a 3w2 Sx/Sp. Being at the center of the Heart Center give them strong potential to be inspirational for sure. Obama is a 3 after all.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Riva

I have absolutely no questions.
    This is not like me.
    What is going on?

Wait, I got one -
    Which enneagram type hates themselves the most?
    Such complicated questions I have.

Riva

Default Despite Enneagram 4s-

Being described as types that have trouble with self-pitty,

Enneagram 4w3s on the forum,

appear to be the happiest and most flippant of all INFXs .

This observational shocker mainly applies to INFJs .

Hmm....

But how is it a question?

An observation it is that you the reader should agree upon, shed some light on it as to why or prove me wrong.

--

Enneagram 4w5 seem to be having self doubt issues to me.
    4w3 s don't, atleast not as much as 4w5s.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post

Hmm....

An observation it is that you the reader should agree upon, shed some light on it as to why or prove me wrong.

--

Certainly a nice/encouraging thing to hear--because it means my plan is working! -cue mildly psychotic laughter-

...Ahem.

But I think it may be, to some extent, just be the "appearance" of this, rather than the straightforward truth. The w3 wants to be engaging/liked, and is more consciously involved in creating and projecting a desirable image to the world than the harder-edged 4w5. The melancholy and vulnerability of the 4 is squashed down, hidden. It isn't wanted (not to imply that 4w5's want them, either; but I think the rejection is more emphatic in the w3). Acting cheerfully/happily/flippantly around others is a counter-depressive mechanism; the aspiration is to be happier, more optimistic, more likeable, and so the individual chooses to act this way consciously, to bring them closer to that.

But then, to come 'round in a circle, this mechanism, when employed effectively, really ought to make the individual happier after all..

Disclaimer: my 7 fix may be skewing this.

So yeah.

Riva

@AphroditeGoneAwry -

You do have point, but I had the below mentioned point made by DD in the back of my mind when I made that post .

the aspiration is to be happier, more optimistic, more likeable, and so the individual chooses to act this way consciously, to bring them closer to that.
    Also I had @OrangeAppled in my mind when I made those positive comments on E 4W3s. I visited her profile page (stalked ) a few minutes back and was disappointed to see that she is typed as 4w5.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

@AphroditeGoneAwry -

You do have point, but I had the below mentioned point made by DD in the back of my mind when I made that post .

Also I had @OrangeAppled in my mind when I made those positive comments on E 4W3s. I visited her profile page (stalked ) a few minutes back and was disappointed to see that she is typed as 4w5.
    Yeah, I dunno. I'm no enneagram guru, but I think it's more about expression than contentment. 4w5s would be more cerebrally inclined/stoic, and 4w3s more bodily inclined/gregarious. I can see where you are coming from with "happy and flippant" and the part that is offensive is the 'happy' part. Any type can be happy, right? I see enneagram as a descriptor for how ego affectation overlays personality. But, just as with MBTI, one must stop before misjudging others' expressions as content>discontent. I guess you could construe that from the direction an e type is headed (tritype?), but even then, it's tricky.

Maybe you just like more the extraverted nature of 4w3 vs 4w5.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

brainheart

Hmm....

--

Maybe this is a wing thing but my guess is it's more of an instinctual variant issue. Self pres types seem more sure of themselves to me, probably because their instinct is internally focused. sx and so types look for something outside of themselves for completion so it makes sense to me they would experience more self doubt.

I'm starting to think more and more wings don't matter all that much, possibly not instinctual stackings either. Distill me to my essence and I'm a type four sexual variant. The rest seems somewhat superfluous.

brainheart

After I posted the above I spotted this- http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/articles/NArtTina.asp

One: Stable mood neutral sense of well-being. Low anxiety, deliberate thinking, Medium confidence. Adequate drive, energy, & endurance.

Two: High sense of well-being. Content calm & happy. Some anxiety, good arousal level, stimulated but not restless. Medium confidence. Adequate drive, energy, & endurance.

Three: Stable mood neutral sense of well-being. Some anxiety, good arousal level, stimulated but not restless High confidence, energy, drive, and endurance.

Four: Low sense of well-being, reactive, moody, aggressive. Some anxiety, good arousal level, stimulated but not restless. Low confidence, drive, energy, & endurance.

Five: Stable mood neutral sense of well-being. High anxiety, restless mind, high-strung, over-stimulated Low confidence, drive, energy, & endurance.

Six: Low sense of well-being, reactive, moody, aggressive. High anxiety, restless mind, high-strung, over-stimulated Medium confidence. Adequate drive, energy, & endurance.

Seven: High sense of well-being. Content calm & happy. High anxiety, restless mind, high-strung, over-stimulated High confidence energy, drive, and endurance.

Eight: Low sense of well-being, reactive, moody, aggressive. Low anxiety, deliberate thinking, High confidence, energy drive, and endurance.

Nine: High sense of well-being. Content calm & happy. Low anxiety, deliberate thinking, Low confidence, drive, energy, & endurance.
    Maybe those uber happy, flippant 4w3s aren't really 4w3s? Maybe they're 2s, 7s, or 9s? Or at the very least, not 4? (or 6 or 8)

Just a thought...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

OrangeAppled in my mind when I made those positive comments on E 4W3s. I visited her profile page (stalked ) a few minutes back and was disappointed to see that she is typed as 4w5.
    I've had a few people suggest that, but most seem to see me squarely as 4w5. As far as emotional motivations & identifying traits go, the 4w5 fits me better over all. True, I am flippant, but I am not as socially geared as the 4w3, lack the ambition & competitive streak that often makes them more successful & less self-sabotaging, and am not much of a "performer" when it comes to expression. I'd argue my flippancy is more an aspect of a prickly 4 with a 5 wing than any jovial attitude.

I also have my 4w5 mind twin @Southern Kross to testify .

As for self-doubt & being a half-glass-empty downer, I assure you I am. My mom was scolding me the other day for my negativity. It escalated into an argument where I insisted she just didn't understaaaaaaand. I'm known for sullenness & reservedness in person (sometimes unfairly, IMO), not a happy or optimistic demeanor. It's something I have to keep aware of & try to check because it, well, sabotages me. But I'm too often oblivious, and I get the sense 4w3s have a relatively higher awareness of their social image.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe