• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Tritype] What's your Enneagram Tri Type?

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
How Tri Types work:
http://www.enneagram.net/tritype.html
Tri Types description:
Pro Tip: 2 forum pages packed with tri types descriptions, use search function!
http://personalitycafe.com/enneagra...3452-27-tritype-archetype-descriptions-2.html

Today I read the description of my Tri type and I was very impressed to see how well it fits me. I don't really relate to any of the Enneagram 5 wings. I think I'm much closer to Enneagram 3 than 4 and 6.
Oh, thanks to [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] for hinting Tri-Type works. :)

So, what's your Tri Type?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ENFP 7w8 7-8-4 Sp/Sx
The Messenger

the w8 + tritype 8 kinda doubles it up kinda like how the lady in the video was an 8w7 8-7-4 and said the her 7 was doubled up.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
479 i think

4w5-7w6-9w? if we're going into all that

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
2w3-6w7-9w1 or something like that

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
479... I think. That gut fix always gets me, but I'm a 4-7-something for sho. I might have an 8 in there somewhere, possibly as the wing to my 7. I think I'm too casual to have that 8 as my gut. The enneacards test say I'm a 4-7-1, but I think that's just my 4 putting on a facade.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
479... I think. That gut fix always gets me, but I'm a 4-7-something for sho. I might have an 8 in there somewhere, possibly as the wing to my 7. I think I'm too casual to have that 8 as my gut. The enneacards test say I'm a 4-7-1, but I think that's just my 4 putting on a facade.

most 8s and people with 8 in their tritype are chill as long as people leave them the fuck alone lol.
the cards are a poor test in my opinion. you probably scored more 1 because the pictures were heroic looking which appealed to your Fi and your 4 =P

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm a 4w3 sx/so. Where do I find my Tri type? I'm so confused.

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
4-5-1: The Researcher
4w5-5w4-1w2

Both the 451 and 459 are reserved and introspective and self conscious. The 451 is very critical of themselves and others.They are very particular and have a lot of shoulds. They can be strident. Dissatisfaction is visible as their energy can be prickly. The 459 is more reserved and passive. They wait to be included. They are approachable but hope that others will come towards them. They are quiet in their demeanor. They project a sense of stillness. Their energy is soft and yielding. Dissatisfaction is hidden like in the 479.

478 and 451 are very different types of 4. The 478 is intensely individualistic and more assertive whereas the 451 is individualistic but much more introspective and reserved. The 478 is somewhat optimistic and focuses more on the need for inspiration than the 451. The 451 is more particular and is more motivated by gathering meaningful information that is useful.

(4)-5-1 - The Competent 4
Intellectual. May be involved in philosophy. They enjoy coming to understand themselves and their world.

451 is the most 5ish 4. Rational and scientific.

451 - knowledgeable and discerning 4. Most intellectual 4, especially if social subtyle of with a 5 wing. Likes to teach.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm pretty sure I am 4-5-1. Although being called a "researcher" is terribly dull isn't it? Such is my fate...to be dull. But at least I have an exciting 4-esque wardrobe.

I don't know about all the wings yet, except I'm sure that my main type is 4w5 sp/sx.
I'm leaning towards 1w9 for my gut type. 5w4 is tempting for my head type, just because I relate so heavily to 4.

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
most 8s and people with 8 in their tritype are chill as long as people leave them the fuck alone lol.
the cards are a poor test in my opinion. you probably scored more 1 because the pictures were heroic looking which appealed to your Fi and your 4 =P

That's definitely part of it. I do think that being a 4 can look a lot like a 1 though. Things are never quite good enough, there's so much more I could've done.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
As the sig says, 638 sx. Mostly on the counter-phobic side of 6.

The description in the book does not differentiate between 638 and 683. 683 is described as the "justice fighter". I'm not sure it really rings true for me though I can see all of the three individually clearly in myself.

Wings do nothing for me. Neither seems to apply. Maybe I don't have much of one.

typologywhore

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
newly-self-identified 4-7-8 here~! AAA ILOVEMYTRITYPESOMUCH -glomps tritype-

-struts around thread being all 4-7-8 and awesome-

:cheese:

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm a 4w3 sx/so. Where do I find my Tri type? I'm so confused.
According to the theory, people have one Enneagram of each triad (heart= 2,3,4; head 5,6,7; gut= 8,9,1). You have to find the ones you relate more to, in order. I don't think there's a free test, but it shouldn't be too hard to figure your trytipe by yourself. :)

479 i think
Fits you much better than 4w5 :laugh:

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I've gone back and forth on the order but I think I'm a 4-5-1; more specifically 4w5, 5w4 and 1w9 (although I'm still not certain on the 1 wing).

It seems there are a few of us. :hifive:

I'm pretty sure I am 4-5-1. Although being called a "researcher" is terribly dull isn't it? Such is my fate...to be dull. But at least I have an exciting 4-esque wardrobe..
It's not so dull. Here's a more detailed description of the overall archetype:

If you are a 145, you are diligent, intuitive, and knowledgeable. You want to be ethical, original and wise. Highly intellectual, you are focused on what you perceive is correct and above reproach. Research oriented, you seek and quote the opinions of experts to avoid being seen as ignorant.

Your life mission is to study and learn as much as you can and then teach the wisdom of what you have learned to others. A true researcher, you are happiest using your investigative skills.

You can be so identified with the information that you have gathered and the correct way of doing things that you feel exhausted and can appear to be a persnickety know it all.
It's very true of me, including the "persnickety know it all" bit :laugh:

I think the most interesting bit about my tritype is it explains that slight hard edge that a 1 gives. It also explains the perfectionism, conviction, idealism and my inclination to express my opinions quite forcibly, and I have a lot of them.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think I'm alone. :cry:

Richardsen

MBTI Type
IxFP