User Tag List

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 117

Thread: What's your Enneagram Tri Type?

  1. #71
    Paragon Gone Wrong Array OrangeAppled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni
    Posts
    6,527
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    Yes,you have a point but I am aware that my 1-like qualities are not always healthy and therefore can't be associated with integration and growth - being a persnickety know it all, for instance.

    I suppose that the interrelated nature of the 3 types in a 451 would emphasize and ingrain the pre-existing links to a greater degree - it could create a heightened 4.
    Well, I've read you can integrate negative traits too! Or at least "average" traits.
    That's what makes me think, "Hm, are these the same aspects of personality with a different name/explanation"?

    Note this description of a 4 integrating average 1 traits (they call it "security" here, but other sources call it a form of integration). It's a perfectionist, critical attitude, aimed at themselves & others.

    Quote Originally Posted by http://sites.google.com/site/upatel8/personalitytype4
    Security: (Four Goes to Average One)
    With trusted intimates, or in situations in which Fours feel sure of themselves, they may risk being more openly controlling and critical of others. Their frustration with others and feeling of disappointment in how others are behaving (especially toward them) finally erupts. Fours can become impatient and critical, demanding that people meet their exacting standards, constantly pointing out how others have made errors. Nothing about the other person (whom they may have idealized and regarded as their longed for "rescuer") now satisfies them or gives them much hope or pleasure. Everything about the person and their situation becomes irritating and annoying and they can't seem to get the other person's faults out of their mind. Fours in this state may also compensate for their ragged emotions by driving themselves excessively, feeling that they are lazy and unproductive if they are not constantly working and improving.
    "Happiness is beneficial for the body, but it is grief that develops the powers of the mind." - Proust,
    INFP | 4w5 sp/sx - 451| RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive

  2. #72
    Paragon Gone Wrong Array OrangeAppled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni
    Posts
    6,527
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    Yes,you have a point but I am aware that my 1-like qualities are not always healthy and therefore can't be associated with integration and growth - being a persnickety know it all, for instance.

    I suppose that the interrelated nature of the 3 types in a 451 would emphasize and ingrain the pre-existing links to a greater degree - it could create a heightened 4.
    Well, I've read you can integrate negative traits too! Or at least "average" traits.
    That's what makes me think, "Hm, are these the same aspects of personality with a different name/explanation"?

    Note this description of a 4 integrating average 1 traits (they call it "security" here, but other sources call it a form of integration). It's a perfectionist, critical attitude, aimed at themselves & others.

    Quote Originally Posted by http://sites.google.com/site/upatel8/personalitytype4
    Security: (Four Goes to Average One)
    With trusted intimates, or in situations in which Fours feel sure of themselves, they may risk being more openly controlling and critical of others. Their frustration with others and feeling of disappointment in how others are behaving (especially toward them) finally erupts. Fours can become impatient and critical, demanding that people meet their exacting standards, constantly pointing out how others have made errors. Nothing about the other person (whom they may have idealized and regarded as their longed for "rescuer") now satisfies them or gives them much hope or pleasure. Everything about the person and their situation becomes irritating and annoying and they can't seem to get the other person's faults out of their mind. Fours in this state may also compensate for their ragged emotions by driving themselves excessively, feeling that they are lazy and unproductive if they are not constantly working and improving.
    "Happiness is beneficial for the body, but it is grief that develops the powers of the mind." - Proust,
    INFP | 4w5 sp/sx - 451| RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive

  3. #73
    Away with the fairies Array Southern Kross's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp
    Posts
    2,737
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Well, I've read you can integrate negative traits too! Or at least "average" traits.
    That's what makes me think, "Hm, are these the same aspects of personality with a different name/explanation"?

    Note this description of a 4 integrating average 1 traits (they call it "security" here, but other sources call it a form of integration). It's a perfectionist, critical attitude, aimed at themselves & others.

    Security: (Four Goes to Average One)
    With trusted intimates, or in situations in which Fours feel sure of themselves, they may risk being more openly controlling and critical of others. Their frustration with others and feeling of disappointment in how others are behaving (especially toward them) finally erupts. Fours can become impatient and critical, demanding that people meet their exacting standards, constantly pointing out how others have made errors. Nothing about the other person (whom they may have idealized and regarded as their longed for "rescuer") now satisfies them or gives them much hope or pleasure. Everything about the person and their situation becomes irritating and annoying and they can't seem to get the other person's faults out of their mind. Fours in this state may also compensate for their ragged emotions by driving themselves excessively, feeling that they are lazy and unproductive if they are not constantly working and improving.
    Oh god. That's me aged 14-18. :horor: Thank god that's over.

    Hmmm, I don't know about tritype. Perhaps it's better to look at people with unusual combinations to see if it makes sense.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

    I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

    - Emily Bronte

  4. #74
    Paragon Gone Wrong Array OrangeAppled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni
    Posts
    6,527
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    ^ I'm not discounting it, but I'm not totally sold either. I know the idea is that these subtypes describe nuances, so that a 4 still has the essence of a 4 & there is a notable similarity, even if hard to define perfectly in words. The slight differences are meant to make the system more reflective of reality, which is that personality is more like a scale, like hair color, without perfectly distinct categories, and yet, you can define basic categories still. The more specific you become though, the harder it can be to actually find your match or to label others; it's easy to say you're a brunette, but if there are 20 swatches of brown, then which one do you pick as the same color as your hair? Does it become a matter of semantics to say you have reddish-brown hair vs. auburn? That's what I'm wondering about tritype vs wings/growth directions - is this semantics?
    "Happiness is beneficial for the body, but it is grief that develops the powers of the mind." - Proust,
    INFP | 4w5 sp/sx - 451| RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive

  5. #75
    You have a choice! Array 21%'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    2,014
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Personally I like the wings/growth system better -- it seems to explain more for me. Tritypes seem... a bit random.

    I tried reading the descriptions for 4-5-1 and 4-5-9 and I can't decide. They are an okay fit, but I don't relate strongly with either of them.
    4w5 sp/sx EII

  6. #76
    Honor Thy Inferior Array Such Irony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    4,854
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I'm thinking 5-9-4 now. Except I'm not sure that I'm a triple withdrawn. I mean I can be pretty withdrawn, but a triple withdrawn? I don't know. I've also had 5-9-2 suggested on another forum but I'm having trouble seeing alot of 2 in myself.

    The heart fix is the most confusing part of it for me.
    INtp
    5w6 / 9w1 / 3w4 sp/so/sx
    RlxaI
    LII-brarian
    Ravenclaw
    Neutral Good




  7. #77
    Senior Member Array Richardsen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    MBTI
    IxFP
    Posts
    163
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    If I could be any other tritype, I'd be a 458. I really wish I had an eight gut fix. I think that's the thing that sucks about the one gut- I totally feel my anger, and there's so much energy there that I could use for something real, to help achieve the things I want to do-to hell with my super ego- but instead I just repress that energy and turn it against myself.
    The 8 in yourself maybe make yourself more asertive...
    But sometimes is really fucked up.... Specially with the 4 as a fix.
    With the 1 you are ethical, righteous, and objective
    With the 8 is all about the rage and powerness, along with the paranoid feeling to show your rage and sometimes you hurt a lot of people that you love and detach (5) and keep yourself in a self consciousnes that makes you feel the guilty and the victim... (4)

    Im a 458 and yeah... The 8 helps me a lot to make myself strong in some ways, and to get what I want. But in my case my 4 and strong 5 makes me feel like a sullen boy with no need to conect with the world and with a desire/no capability to show any feeling of vulnerability (with the 8 and 5 is dificult) to make myself more tough and strong looking... But very often my core 4 wins over.


    6w5(sw5w4) Sx/Sp
    INTP

    "Some people never go crazy... What truly horrible lives they must lead"- Charles Bukowski


  8. #78
    Senior Member Array Turtledove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    376
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    4-6-9...but it seems like I couldn't find a 4-5-9 since I get a 4-5 balance at times...hm...
    Save Thundercats 2011 petition. Because we do what we can. HO!!!:
    http://www.change.org/petitions/warn...another-season

  9. #79
    brainheart
    Guest

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post

    I'm still not entirely convinced of tri-type because I continue to wonder if it's just a different way of explaining the same traits/motivations that some other aspect of enneagram explains also. Maybe I think this because my wing & integration point (5 & 1) are also in my tri-type.... What if it's the same thing with different names?

    And what if the 479 is so 9ish appearing because they are actually a 9 mistyped as a 4 (maybe because they are disintegrating reactive, anxious 6 traits or integrating 3 image motivations)?

    I notice those who focus on tritype don't put as much stock into wings & integration/disintegration, discussing them far less & even sometimes dismissing their effects, and I wonder if that is why.... the theories possibly conflict a little, or both are not necessary because they overlap too much.
    I wonder about all of this, too. I mean, I take the tritype test and it comes out 4w5/5w4/1w2. Sounds like a 4w5 to me. The fact that I've considered 471 because I see aspects of 7 at times- but sure as hell not full-blown seven, it comes in short bursts and leaves me exhausted- can be accounted for by my 5 wing (and also being a sexual variant).

    To tack on to/reiterate what you say, I could see...

    459= 9
    451= 4w5
    458= 5w4 or 8
    461= 4w3 or 6
    468= 6 or 8
    469= 6 or 9
    471= 4w3, 4w5 (avg to unhealthy), 7, 1
    478= 7 or 8
    479= 9 or 7

    Just mulling it over, nothing close to definitive here...

  10. #80
    Senior Member Array animenagai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Posts
    1,570
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Yeah, I really don't understand why you guys are so skeptical of tritypes. I say this because given the truth of the enneagram system, it seems obviously true that we have different preferences in each fix. I'm a 4w3 but that doesn't mean I don't think right, so how do I prefer to think? How do I act physically? I mean there are areas that the traditional enneagram theory simply doesn't cover. Granted, you may believe that your single digit type is ultimately what's going to describe you best and given the nature of the enneagram, that type is what's going to help you overcome your own problems. OK, fine, but why not just see tritypes as the icing on the cake then? For example, I'm a 479, my life's biggest problems personality wise root from seeking my identity - that is my core. However the 7 and the 9 help explain the other parts of my personality, and saying that I'm a 479 ultimately gives a fuller explanation of who I am than just saying I'm a 4. Maybe I just find tritypes more convincing because I'm a 4w3; meaning that both my type and my wing are in the image fix. It's easier for someone like a 4w5 to find that title useful, there's already a number in 2 different fixes (though that can be misleading of course). If your wing happens to be your second fix, you're super lucky. For a guy like me however, tritypes explain a lot. I doubt I can last a week in the weeping melancholy of a standard 4.
    Chimera of Filth

    A gruesome beast with dripping flesh
    Clings to me as a sick fixture
    My throbbing heart it gnawed apart
    It stalks and hunts me through mirrors

Similar Threads

  1. [Enne] INFJs: what's your enneagram type?
    By Evan in forum Enneagram
    Replies: 196
    Last Post: 09-30-2010, 09:48 PM
  2. My fellow ISTJs - What's your enneagram type?
    By NewEra in forum The SJ Guardhouse
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 07-02-2010, 04:03 PM
  3. ISFJs, what's your Enneagram type?
    By NewEra in forum The SJ Guardhouse
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-06-2009, 04:13 AM
  4. ESFJs, what's your Enneagram type?
    By NewEra in forum The SJ Guardhouse
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-23-2009, 12:46 PM
  5. What's your ENNEAGRAM Type and Variant?
    By sakuraba in forum The NT Rationale
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-22-2008, 04:13 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •