• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Tritype] What's your Enneagram Tri Type?

typologywhore

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ooh, just found an interesting tritype-related post over at the Enneagram Institute forum :D

http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=24325

Found these assertions especially valuable:

'*Most optimistic tritypes-279, 729, 927
*Darkest tritype-458, 854, 584 (particularly when 4 or 5 are in charge)
*Most assertive tritype-378, 873, 783
*Most freedom loving-478, 874, 784, 827, 278, 728
*most reactive-468, 864, 648
*Most withdrawn/introspective-459, 954, 549
*Most doubting- 469, 649, 946'

...Interesting, ne~?

As 478 I definitely relate to the description of freedom-loving; [as I've recently unearthed due to the combined effect of tritype research and RL experiences,] there's a need to be ultimately self-willed and free that operates on an an absolutely root--almost violent--level. I HATE people acting like they've got a claim on me. It makes me so angry; the response is so strong it surprises me myself... As such, the idea of being in a closed, monogamous relationship makes me feel physically sick. And no, don't think this is commitment issues/immaturity, or at least not in the main -grin-

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ooh, just found an interesting tritype-related post over at the Enneagram Institute forum :D

...Interesting, ne~?

As 478 I definitely relate to the description of freedom-loving; [as I've recently unearthed due to the combined effect of tritype research and RL experiences,] there's a need to be ultimately self-willed and free that operates on an an absolutely root--almost violent--level. I HATE people acting like they've got a claim on me. It makes me so angry; the response is so strong it surprises me myself... As such, the idea of being in a closed, monogamous relationship makes me feel physically sick. And no, don't think this is commitment issues/immaturity, or at least not in the main -grin-

most freedom loving = WIN

rav3n

...Interesting, ne~?

Did you notice that many of those tritype groupings aren't possible? The three groups should be head, heart and gut.

typologywhore

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Did you notice that many of those tritype groupings aren't possible? The three groups should be head, heart and gut.

oh yeah :doh: Damn you, skim-reading skills!

Oh well, I liked the bit about my own type, anyway, lol.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Check this test out (you'll need a code, Tritype1111).

It says I'm an e549, but on the resulting "enneaspread" (6 preferred cards), 8 is in third, with 9 in sixth. Thinking I'm e548 instead.

Ride your gut with the stacking portion; words haven't been all that carefully chosen.

Silveresque

Check this test out (you'll need a code, Tritype1111).

It says I'm an e549, but on the resulting "enneaspread" (6 preferred cards), 8 is in third, with 9 in sixth. Thinking I'm e548 instead.

Ride your gut with the stacking portion; words haven't been all that carefully chosen.

Thanks for the link and code. :)

I got 954, though it could just as easily have been 594 or 964. I find it interesting that 4 wasn't even in my enneaspread. I got Sp/Sx for my instinctual stacking.

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This is what I got on it:

Your Report Summary:
Top ranked Enneacard overall: Type 4
Top Ranked Enneacard in your Enneaspread: Type 4
Potential Wing(s): 3, 5
Potential Tritype: 451
Potential Instinctual Stacking: Self-Preservation > Sexual > Social

Enneaspread:
You have all three Focused Responder Enneacards
(Enneagram Types: 1, 3 & 5) in your Enneaspread.
You see yourself as controlled, disciplined, tenacious and pragmatic. You avoid error and sloppiness in your work and people who over-focus on their emotions. Naturally focused and perfectionistic, you like to set goals. You prefer to respond when you have had time to assess and evaluate.

You have all three Heart Type Enneacards
(Enneagram Types: 2, 3 & 4) in your Enneaspread.
You are a heartfelt, emotive and adaptable person. Your primary issues are craving attention and wanting to be attached to others. You may struggle with being identified with your image or "false" self. Whether or not you overtly express it, you are motivated by and take action when you have strong feelings. Fearing grief, shame or being ignored, you seek attention and affirmation. As a child, you often felt you lacked accurate mirroring. You want to be seen and valued by others.

Enneacard pairs: 4

Potential Wing: 3, 5

Tiger Owl

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There is a ton of information on that site that I will need to sift through. It does seem to be the most accurate Enneagram test I have taken so far, and with the best explanations. For what it is worth, these are my results. Feel free to give feedback, I still haven't made up my mind about tri-type theory yet.

Your Report Summary:
Top ranked Enneacard overall: Type 5
Top Ranked Enneacard in your Enneaspread: Type 8
Potential Wing(s): 6
Potential Tritype: 163
Potential Instinctual Stacking: Sexual > Self-Preservation > Social

So what the heck is a 163-Taskmaster archetype?

Found it, and it is not all that accurate for me, or I should say it is fairly accurate but it is not the primary skill-set, drive, focus in my life.

edit: I figured out my tritype. The 136 is not accurate, I do have some of those attributes but not to any degree that I would fit that tritype. By reading up on each of the 9 enneagram types and then going with the best fit for who I am in each head, gut, heart and ranking them according to preference of use/reliance. I come up with a tritype of 584. I read the description and it fit eerily well. Which is interesting because I don't give the enneagram much credit in general. But, if the glove fits...

584 varient of – The Scholar Archetype

Last edited:

wolfy

awsm
974 doesn't fit me at all... I don't relate, I'm not etheral,
230px-Sprite_logo.png
or fairy like.

This is the sort of sprite or fairy like tritype. There is a need to remain positive while still searching for meaning. The blindspot is that there is an attraction to magical thinking and missed opportunities to speak their truth so they find themselves glossing over negative feeling states in favor of something more comfortable or positive. When 4 is in charge there's a tendency to not see all the ways in which depression or sadness is evaded through this magical thinking process. Etheral, blah, blah, blah...

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
OK, what is this witchcraft? I've done the cards test before, so I know that the 1 cards appeal to me for the wrong reasons. A lot of these qualities just look like a 4 (the way they present it anyways), so I often test as a 1 in my gut type, when I'm really a 9 there. I tested as a 4-7-1 in the enneaspreads test the first time round. I wanted to read the 479 description instead so I redid the test with that specific thing in mind - whenever I saw a 9 card paired with a 1 card I would choose the 9, no matter how good the 1 looked. OK did that, still got 471. What the shit?

N

NPcomplete

I can relate to enneagrams 5, 4, 1. I know 5 is the strongest.. but I'm not sure yet about 5-4-1 or 5-1-4 aaaand I have problems with the PCafe descriptions. :p

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, I relate almost equally to 4w5 and 7w6. I never know about the third. I thought I was a 7w8 and relate to 7 and 8 but not the description of them put together- just relate to the two for separate reasons. I relate to 7w6 description more. I always think that I'm a 749, but after reading these descriptions (and I'm glad there are finally descriptions out there) I can relate to the 4/7/8 the most. I don't relate to 749 much at all except that I am off in my own world. "Magical ethereal and fairy-like" is a bit much, don't ya think? It's just a world. I will think on this a bit.

Or I could just have a "ditype." 7/4 nothing. :D

B

brainheart

I've taken the enneacard test twice and both times it said 4-5-9, although I see myself more in the 451 and 471 descriptions, esp about procrastinating when know can't live up to ideals of perfection and being research obsessed. In the case of the 471, alternating between letting loose and being overly proper rings true for me.

[MENTION=4515]wolfy[/MENTION], I hate that whole 'ethereal' thing with nine, too. It seems so loopy. And inaccurate. Sure, there are ethereal nines, but plenty who are not.

Last edited:
G

Glycerine

5-9-3: Most success-oriented Five. Needs prestige, especially if SOC.

five with a nine fix: pattern seeking above all. whimsical exploration,
disposition of reluctant idealist. open minded,
philosophical perspective. can seem to lack focus
while associating groupings of information into larger
theories. likes people and humanity as a whole,
shares ideas and is relatively easy to get along with.
Sounds the most like me.

wolfy

awsm
I scanned through all the types and 479 probably does fit best overall. I always related well to the trickster archetype.

...or I think when it's a male energy you get a strong trickster archetype. Playful yet meaningful. ...

Vizzy

Enneagram
5w4
My results are a tad surprising.

Top ranked Enneacard overall: Type 5
Top Ranked Enneacard in your Enneaspread: Type 5
Potential Wing(s): 4
Potential Tritype: 594
Potential Instinctual Stacking: Sexual > Self-Preservation > Social

I never doubted 5w4 but it's interesting to see my tritype with a 9 in second place.
Also, sexual before self-preservation. Hmm...it's quite possible. It was always between those two anyway.