• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Tritype] The Ultimate Easy and Straightforward Path To Discovering Trifix (Part 1)

Tomb1

Greetings.

From Stackemup.net

I think of gut fix as having to do entirely with physical presence in the way that a person takes up space...As a tip, being aggressive is less of big deal for 1 fixers (so long as they can justify it within their rules) than 9 fixers and not a big deal for 8 fixers while being aggressive is a pretty big deal for 9 fixers.

-8 fixers take up space unapologetically and just seem solid...
-9 fixers take up space apologetically and seem unsubstantial physically in the unhealthier levels while more in flow in the healthier levels
-1 fixers take up space somewhere in between, rigid, tense, clenched...

Image Fix:

I think of the image fix as the information a person consciously or unconsciously presents about themself...As a tip, 2 and 4 fixers take their personas less seriously and play around more with identity while 3 fixers take their personas very seriously

-2 fixers present as more unimportant, humble, a 'servant'...
-3 fixers present as more of a consistent winner, sometimes regal....
-4 fixers present as more intense, self-referential, deep, sometimes erratic...

Head Fix:

I think of the head fix as an orientation towards thinking and ideas. I liken a person's head center to a record player...head fix is the specific record that starts playing when the play button is turned on. As a tip, 5 and 7 fixers delight more in concepts while 6 fixers have more "important" things to think about.

-5 fixers think more for the delight of 'big ideas' about human behavior and creating new concepts to keep reality aligned with their 'cerebral landscape'...
-6 fixers think more for the responsibility of assessing and defending current beliefs/people to figure out what/who is reliable and what they can be certain about...
-7 fixers think more for the delight of staying on the move (mentally or physically) in search of new ideas to stimulate their minds with...

VagrantFarce

This is just as good a summary of the nine types in general, nevermind all this trifix stuff. :)

I especially like how you've emphasised the distinction between the three triads, as well as their importance to identifying your type - it's something I think people are far too eager to ignore.

B

brainheart

On a whim yesterday I decided to pay for the enneagram tritype test. I was curious how they would present it, although I've never been into that site... go figure. It said my 'enneaspread' was 4 7 5 9 1, but they said my tritype was 495 (their description for 471 sounded more like me than the 495).

Anyway... this is far better- and free. And I come up 471.
Thank you.

[MENTION=13911]Tomb1[/MENTION], Got any tips for instinctual variants?

These seem like excellent pointers.

It's really too bad that I identify with two in every triad. I am hopeless.

:cry:

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i'm still stuck between 479 and 459.

Richardsen

MBTI Type
IxFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
inside Im more 468
In the external world clearly 458 (4w5 - 5w6 - 8w9)

Silveresque

I identify strongly with 9. Maybe a little bit with 4. That's about it. I would have related to 5 more about a week ago, but I'm not feeling particularly analytical right now.

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have trouble with my gut fix. None of them really fit me. I am not really unapologetic or apologetic, and I am not really rigid, tense, or clenched either.
I'm 6-4..... I think I'm closer to 8 or 9 than 1. I seem to be in the middle of 8 and 9.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
5 ? ?

Don't care what the unknowns are, why would you need to know that much detail. The enneagrams main purpose is self improvement and understanding of others, there is loads of information available if you consider the one main type that you exhibit. That is already more than enough detail to work with, maybe even too much. Do you know everything about your main type? Do you know everything about the other main types of people around you? I'm not even sure that I'm typing half of the people I know right, let alone looking deep inside people to work out the exact details of what their head is made of. /foolish rant

Great descriptions though, I really like them.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
i like these descriptions too. they're something fairly easy to gauge about yourself.

going off this, i'm 6-9-4. a "seeker." i like that. or a 693, maybe.

Tomb1

Allright...so let's try applying it to a real life example James Toney

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jlvHddNxDg&feature=fvst

Gut fix [8]: weighty, unapologetic...attacking style...8 fixers go through life in a more direct manner than 9 or 1 fixers.
wing (9): sloth in verbalization and language...seems to 'fade out' a bit

Image fix (3): "i'm the best"...presentation as a consistent winner, better than...
wing (4): more self-referential/regal...calling out others' 'fakeness'...

Head fix (6): increased toughness...assessing opponents
wing (5): he seems too "turfy" "immobile" for a 7 wing.

Instinct (sp/sx): is provocative, but mainly getting those sx-intensity needs met through his sp material drive.

8w9-3w4-6w5 sp/sx

T

ThatGirl

By the time everyone is done ennegram typing, they have become partly each number. Wth?

Tomb1

some five fix v. seven fix distinctions....five fixers can’t sustain an on the go pattern like a seven fixer can....They may wonder about things to the point of inaction. 7 fixers are more prone to just put their foot in the water without wondering whether what they want to do will actually work. Intellectual 7 fixers are also more monkey minded....They are easily distracted by other subjects and like to switch back and forth unlike the more focused and concentrated 5 fixer...

Vizzy

Enneagram
5w4
5 ? ?

Don't care what the unknowns are, why would you need to know that much detail. The enneagrams main purpose is self improvement and understanding of others, there is loads of information available if you consider the one main type that you exhibit. That is already more than enough detail to work with, maybe even too much. Do you know everything about your main type? Do you know everything about the other main types of people around you? I'm not even sure that I'm typing half of the people I know right, let alone looking deep inside people to work out the exact details of what their head is made of. /foolish rant

Great descriptions though, I really like them.

I agree with this. I can probably explain everything about me using my type 5.

B

brainheart

some five fix v. seven fix distinctions....five fixers can’t sustain an on the go pattern like a seven fixer can....They may wonder about things to the point of inaction. 7 fixers are more prone to just put their foot in the water without wondering whether what they want to do will actually work. Intellectual 7 fixers are also more monkey minded....They are easily distracted by other subjects and like to switch back and forth unlike the more focused and concentrated 5 fixer...

I wonder to beyond the point of inaction, but I am notoriously monkey minded (with the exception of my all-consuming enneagram obsession). So what does that mean?

Alternatum

MBTI Type
Ixxx
Enneagram
I wonder to beyond the point of inaction, but I am notoriously monkey minded (with the exception of my all-consuming enneagram obsession). So what does that mean?

6-fixed. They can do both.

B

brainheart

6-fixed. They can do both.

But I don't relate to what you said about 6 in the op at all. And I relate very much to what you say about delighting in concepts.

Edit- I should add that when I was younger I didn't do the wondering to inaction thing, I was very much the seven way, but after being severely burned by that behavior, I keep myself for the most part in serious check.