• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Tritype] The Ultimate Easy and Straightforward Path To Discovering Trifix (Part 1)

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think I am a 4-5-1, maybe a 4-5-9 (I used to think I was invisible & could feel "in the way", but I've also always been a bit tense & rigid in my presence, and feedback tells me others get that vibe more so than the former).

I'm wondering how you tell the difference between a fix & a wing?
I know I'm a 4w5, so is it possible that my wing is affecting how I see my head fix?

Tomb1

I wonder to beyond the point of inaction, but I am notoriously monkey minded (with the exception of my all-consuming enneagram obsession). So what does that mean?
Try a 7 fix....The rest can be accounted for with your five wing.

Tomb1

a wing can't motor a center the way that a fix can....

If the fix is a meal, the wing is a side dish...

I know I'm a 4w5, so is it possible that my wing is affecting how I see my head fix?

Indeed...especially if you have gotten very used to seeing/understanding your head fix stuff entirely through just wing.

wolfy

awsm
I have trouble with my gut fix. None of them really fit me. I am not really unapologetic or apologetic, and I am not really rigid, tense, or clenched either.
I'm 6-4..... I think I'm closer to 8 or 9 than 1. I seem to be in the middle of 8 and 9.

I think I am in the middle of 9 and 8. That is why I take 9w8 as a type, I see 8 motivations as strongly as nine motivations. For what it's worth 974 is my tritype.

B

brainheart

and wrong person. alternatum is not the op...

Oh... Whoops. Not sure why I didn't notice that. That makes sense, btw. As you say, the seven seems stronger than the five but the five is for sure there.

B

brainheart

I think I am a 4-5-1, maybe a 4-5-9 (I used to think I was invisible & could feel "in the way", but I've also always been a bit tense & rigid in my presence, and feedback tells me others get that vibe more so than the former).

I can very much see you being a 451. 5 definitely seems like your head fix to me.

Alternatum

MBTI Type
Ixxx
Enneagram
Try a 7 fix....The rest can be accounted for with your five wing.

You may be right about Brainheart, but wondering to the point of inaction and being easily distracted by other subjects (then maybe returning later) are also possibilities for 6, with the latter most applicable to 6w7.

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
According to this, possibility of either: 541 or 451.

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
Just posting to say that these pointers are great. Really good stuff.

I have a question with the gut fix. With 9's, do you think they are aware that they are apologetic with taking up space, or is it just a purely descriptive, physical thing? I mean, I don't feel the need to say sorry for taking up a bit of space, but physically I am very slack and relaxed. I slouch, cross my legs... all that good stuff. Does that sound 9-ish to you?

FunnyDigestion

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4-7-9 as a cyclical pattern-- within self -> blending self toward others -> transcendence of self & others -> back to self

B

brainheart

Just posting to say that these pointers are great. Really good stuff.

I have a question with the gut fix. With 9's, do you think they are aware that they are apologetic with taking up space, or is it just a purely descriptive, physical thing? I mean, I don't feel the need to say sorry for taking up a bit of space, but physically I am very slack and relaxed. I slouch, cross my legs... all that good stuff. Does that sound 9-ish to you?

It does to me. That would fit within easy going. Conversely, as a person with a 1 fix, (not that I don't relax) but I unconsciously do things like clench my jaw, hate saggy couches because I prefer to sit with good posture- slouching is really uncomfortable to me. Often I'd rather stand than sit. There's an element of propriety to me. I have a couple of friends with 8 gut fixes and BAM! they come into the room, knock stuff over, make my turn table skip with their stomping feet, talk loudly.. It's like they have this uncontainable force.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Seems about right for 6w7, 4w3, and the only question I would have about my "taking up physical space" would actually be more like 9w8 than 8w9...but for my trifix 4-6-8 really seems to fit me best, cohesively, and I can be really aggressive in a way I don't think a 9 would be...physically though I can make myself big or small, I can take up a lot of space with my junk (like I literally spread my possessions everywhere, do this in work spaces, did this in dressing rooms, etc.) and if I'm feeling confident or I'm working in sales I can come across as "big."

But typically I like to actually make myself physically smaller with only occasional outbursts of aggressive bigness. That way people leave me alone (which probably is more typical of an IxFP in daily life when they are not working, performing, etc.) and just become aggressive when crossed.

However, overall, this is cool.

Tomb1

Seems about right for 6w7, 4w3, and the only question I would have about my "taking up physical space" would actually be more like 9w8 than 8w9...but for my trifix 4-6-8 really seems to fit me best, cohesively, and I can be really aggressive in a way I don't think a 9 would be...physically though I can make myself big or small, I can take up a lot of space with my junk (like I literally spread my possessions everywhere, do this in work spaces, did this in dressing rooms, etc.) and if I'm feeling confident or I'm working in sales I can come across as "big."

yeah, I can see you as an 8 fixer from that.

'evil devil woman' also sounds more like something an 8 fixer would call themselves.

W

WALMART

tests seem to put me at 6 5/7

someday maybe i'll have someone critique me.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can almost see equal amounts of 5, 6 and 7 even though I'm very certain on the heart&gut centers. someone decide for me

Tomb1

re

Greetings from the Crypt.

I've been busy. But rumor has it that part 2 of the path to trifix will focus on multifix. Multifix carries on Don Riso's concept of wings to each fix. Numerous enneagrammers today add a wing onto each fix in the centers. But they still call it trifix or tritype (the fauvres' renamed ichazo's trifix concept tritype). But its a little more complicated than that. I look at it this way. Ichazo discovered trifix/tritype. Kuhner discovered multifix. The Ichazo people challenge Kuhners' discovery by dismissively saying that Kuhner only made an additive contribution onto an already existing theory and that multifix was just trifix with wings. I disagree with that and believe the wing creates a substantial difference. Whatever the case, documentation from 2006 included below shows Kuhner as the first in time to introduce the multifix concept and reference his much earlier mentions of it back at ediots. Ediots was an older enneagram board.

http://imageshack.us/a/img36/5414/exploringclintonthread.jpg

To date, nobody has made a viable claim, except for Kuhner, as being the first in time. Nowhere have the fauvres shown any authentic time-stamped documentation that they made any mention for inclusion of Riso's wings prior to 2006. I'm sure if they had it they would have produced it by now.