User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

5 ? ?

Don't care what the unknowns are, why would you need to know that much detail. The enneagrams main purpose is self improvement and understanding of others, there is loads of information available if you consider the one main type that you exhibit. That is already more than enough detail to work with, maybe even too much. Do you know everything about your main type? Do you know everything about the other main types of people around you? I'm not even sure that I'm typing half of the people I know right, let alone looking deep inside people to work out the exact details of what their head is made of. /foolish rant

Great descriptions though, I really like them.
    5 3 9

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

i like these descriptions too. they're something fairly easy to gauge about yourself.

going off this, i'm 6-9-4. a "seeker." i like that. or a 693, maybe.

3-7-9, or 3-9-7, definatley.

Allright...so let's try applying it to a real life example James Toney

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jlvHddNxDg&feature=fvst

Gut fix [8]: weighty, unapologetic...attacking style...8 fixers go through life in a more direct manner than 9 or 1 fixers.
    wing (9): sloth in verbalization and language...seems to 'fade out' a bit

Image fix (3): "i'm the best"...presentation as a consistent winner, better than...
    wing (4): more self-referential/regal...calling out others' 'fakeness'...

Head fix (6): increased toughness...assessing opponents
    wing (5): he seems too "turfy" "immobile" for a 7 wing.

Instinct (sp/sx): is provocative, but mainly getting those sx-intensity needs met through his sp material drive.

8w9-3w4-6w5 sp/sx

ThatGirl

By the time everyone is done ennegram typing, they have become partly each number. Wth?

some five fix v. seven fix distinctions....five fixers can’t sustain an on the go pattern like a seven fixer can....They may wonder about things to the point of inaction. 7 fixers are more prone to just put their foot in the water without wondering whether what they want to do will actually work. Intellectual 7 fixers are also more monkey minded....They are easily distracted by other subjects and like to switch back and forth unlike the more focused and concentrated 5 fixer...

Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    5 ? ?

Don't care what the unknowns are, why would you need to know that much detail. The enneagrams main purpose is self improvement and understanding of others, there is loads of information available if you consider the one main type that you exhibit. That is already more than enough detail to work with, maybe even too much. Do you know everything about your main type? Do you know everything about the other main types of people around you? I'm not even sure that I'm typing half of the people I know right, let alone looking deep inside people to work out the exact details of what their head is made of. /foolish rant

Great descriptions though, I really like them.
    I agree with this. I can probably explain everything about me using my type 5.
    5w4
    Reserved RCUEI

brainheart

Quote Originally Posted by Tomb1 View Post
    some five fix v. seven fix distinctions....five fixers can’t sustain an on the go pattern like a seven fixer can....They may wonder about things to the point of inaction. 7 fixers are more prone to just put their foot in the water without wondering whether what they want to do will actually work. Intellectual 7 fixers are also more monkey minded....They are easily distracted by other subjects and like to switch back and forth unlike the more focused and concentrated 5 fixer...
    I wonder to beyond the point of inaction, but I am notoriously monkey minded (with the exception of my all-consuming enneagram obsession). So what does that mean?

MBTI
    Ixxx
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    I wonder to beyond the point of inaction, but I am notoriously monkey minded (with the exception of my all-consuming enneagram obsession). So what does that mean?
    6-fixed. They can do both.

brainheart

Quote Originally Posted by Alternatum View Post
    6-fixed. They can do both.
    But I don't relate to what you said about 6 in the op at all. And I relate very much to what you say about delighting in concepts.

Edit- I should add that when I was younger I didn't do the wondering to inaction thing, I was very much the seven way, but after being severely burned by that behavior, I keep myself for the most part in serious check.