First 123

Thread: 9's and 2's

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    This might help. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tritype

So, you could be a 926 for example or a 259. You have one type from each of the centers (gut, mind, heart) placed in some sort of order. Any combination is legitimate as long as you only have one from each center (e.g you couldn't be a 569 because that would be two from mind and one from gut).
    Ooooh I see. That sounds interesting. I can see how that helps explain the complexities of people better.

I don't remember any of the tritypes as being considered unhealthy. They were just different.
    People talk about unhealthy types alone, like unhealthy 2's or 8's, etc. Do you believe this exists?

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    Are 9's the most passive type there is? Because I didn't have the impression that 2's are the most assertive type either.
    You could probably say that, yeah. 9s are certainly more afraid of rocking the boat than any other type, and that lends itself to passiveness.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

People talk about unhealthy types alone, like unhealthy 2's or 8's, etc. Do you believe this exists?
    I think the way it works is that we all go from healthy to unhealthy states during a typical day. If you tend to be behaving much more from the unhealthy side, then you would overall be on the unhealthy of the perspective. If you go to the unhealthy side much more rarely, then you're more on the healthy side of the spectrum. I also think we probably change over time. So there might be periods where we're dwelling more on the unhealthy side and others where we tend to be more on the healthy side, which might at least in part be influenced by things that are going on in our lives.

I also think one key to all of this is understanding and being aware of these states as they are happening to us - e.g. why am I acting or feeling the way that I am? This helps us to gain better control over what is essentially a distortion in our perception which is introduced by specific fears, temptations and desires associated with our type. Basically, as I understand it, that's the way it sort of works.
    Last edited by highlander; 10-16-2011 at 11:57 PM. Reason: clarified wording

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

I think the way it works is that we all go from healthy to unhealthy states during a typical day. If you tend to be behaving much more from the unhealthy side, then you would overall be on the unhealthy of the perspective. If you go to the unhealthy side much more rarely, then you're more on the healthy side of the spectrum. I also think we probably change over time. So there might be periods where we're dwelling more on the unhealthy side and others where we tend to be more on the healthy side, which might at least in part be influenced by things that are going on in our lives.

I also think one key to all of this is understanding and being aware of these states as they are happening to us - e.g. why am I acting or feeling the way that I am? This helps us to gain better control over what is essentially a distortion in our perception which is introduced by specific fears, temptations and desires associated with our type. Basically, as I understand it, that's the way it sort of works.
    Thanks, this sounds much more flexible. I think I'll go with 2-9-x, until I figure out the last one.

Glycerine

^ The head types are the funnest!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Thanks, this sounds much more flexible. I think I'll go with 2-9-x, until I figure out the last one.
    Maybe 269 (Inquisitive and accepting 2) or 268 (Inquisitive and direct 2). Just a guess, if 2 is right.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Maybe 269 (Inquisitive and accepting 2) or 268 (Inquisitive and direct 2). Just a guess, if 2 is right.
    I've been reading up on enneagram. It's pretty interesting. I think 2 is right. *nod to @Magic Poriferan *
    268- Do I seem direct to you?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I've been reading up on enneagram. It's pretty interesting. I think 2 is right. *nod to @Magic Poriferan *
    268- Do I seem direct to you?
    It's hard to tell online if you are accepting and that was the only other one that seemed to be a possibility when I looked up the tri-type descriptions.

Tri-type 639

2s take more initiative in interpersonal situations...nines too little.

2s have a greater sense of importance and can be machiavelli...9s more humble and conformist...

2s act their feelings more assertively...nines rarely push things on people.

nines turn ordinariness into a fixation, have a signature sloth around thought and verbalization, preference for physical memory, and a difficulty articulating complex emotions (especially negative ones)...they don't personalize/intensify in their speech or writing the way that those twos do...