• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Tritype] Tritype may be real after all

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

after thinking about it a little more, this video made me a believer in tritype.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
TLDW...... but I think it's as real as any of the rest of this stuff, I don't get what the problem is with having a dominant type and also relating to a lesser degree with one type from each of the other centers.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
TLDW...... but I think it's as real as any of the rest of this stuff, I don't get what the problem is with having a dominant type and also relating to a lesser degree with one type from each of the other centers.

what really got me was I stopped for a moment to think about how my 7, 8 and 4 interacted with each other in a way that had clear differences from the individual descriptions

wolfy

awsm
I don't think I am going to watch an hour on enneagram tritypes. Their faces do look serious and stoic in the freeze frame though. I'm a believer.

Wow, that guy is so expressionless it hurts my face just to look at him. I'm pretty sure I'll feel like I just got shot up with botox if I watch an hour of this, but with none of the benefits.

G

Glycerine

I kinda see the benefit of it. 5: I want to disengage from social obligations/pulls/pressures and be left alone. 9: I want to accommodate people/ avoid conflict so I don't have to worry about the social obligations/ social ramifications. 3: I am image conscious because I don't want others to see me in a highly negative light and want to be seen as at least somewhat competent. Strong Fe.... LOL Supposedly, I come off as a huge conflict avoidant doormat in real life.

Silveresque

Hey, cool. My tritype reflects my temperament. :D

But I hate having such a conflicted tritype. It's a constant push/pull of needing to feel connected and needing to get away. When I have connections, I want to get away and be alone and independent. Then when I find myself isolated, I need to feel connected, but I can't do that without sacrificing my independence. This combination brings me more conflict than balance. :(

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Tri-type is no more or less real than the enneagram itself.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Tri-type is no more or less real than the enneagram itself.

that's not the point. the point is that it is a fixed, unchanging personality mechanism with clear differences between people of different tritypes. tritype helps explain those few little things in your main type that are like "my type is like this? that's not me at all"

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
that's not the point. the point is that it is a fixed, unchanging personality mechanism with clear differences between people of different tritypes. tritype helps explain those few little things in your main type that are like "my type is like this? that's not me at all"

True, tri-type does offer a better explanation of personality, making it far more practical and therefore of use. I just meant that by saying 'it is real' has no actuall meaning to it since none of the personality systems are essential 'real'.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i watched this after you posted it last night...i'm a triple optimistic! whoohoo!! haha and my bf is a triple doubter haha it was pretty interesting thanks for posting it....i do wish they would've talked about "me" more tho haha

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hey, cool. My tritype reflects my temperament. :D

But I hate having such a conflicted tritype. It's a constant push/pull of needing to feel connected and needing to get away. When I have connections, I want to get away and be alone and independent. Then when I find myself isolated, I need to feel connected, but I can't do that without sacrificing my independence. This combination brings me more conflict than balance. :(

There are similar people out there. At least you know what you need, so you know what you're looking for. That's a step in the right direction.

xisnotx

Permabanned
It made sense to me..the whole tritype thing...not the video (didn't watch..).
It explained why I was 5 and 3 at the same time..at least seemingly..funny thing is..I don't know why the third one isn't clear to me yet? I'm probably revealing that right now..so I'm guessing someone will make it clear to me soon...or I'll come across this post later on and be like "Oh well..duh...".

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
True, tri-type does offer a better explanation of personality, making it far more practical and therefore of use. I just meant that by saying 'it is real' has no actuall meaning to it since none of the personality systems are essential 'real'.

if you're simply referring to me wording, than you're right, it probably wasn't the best choice of words

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
after thinking about it a little more, this video made me a believer in tritype.

I've been meaning to watch this video since it came out. Thanks for posting. Katherine is actually the person who tested my Enneagram type. I was having a hard time figuring out what it was. She said 638 or 683 - that I should pay attention to how I responded to determine the ordering. She seemed quite interested in that this was a rare combination. Having watched this, I am pretty certain that 638 is right (think, feel, act). She really is good by the way. Knows her stuff.

Tritype seems to work much better for me than wings.

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I've been meaning to watch this video since it came out. Thanks for posting. Katherine is actually the person who tested my Enneagram type. I was having a hard time figuring out what it was. She said 638 or 683 - that I should pay attention to how I responded to determine the ordering. She seemed quite interested in that this was a rare combination. Having watched this, I am pretty certain that 638 is right (think, feel, act). She really is good by the way. Knows her stuff.

Tritype seems to work much better for me than wings.
Out of interest, did she say why it's rare?

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Not really. She just seemed really interested in it. Maybe she's really interested in a lot of them though.
From the video its seems that both of them are. They have interesting things say about every type. Things they said about the 4-5-1 type certainly resonated with me (although I think I'm 4-1-5) and gave some food for thought.

What was it like having a professional test? And did you get a some interesting insights with your description?

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
From the video its seems that both of them are. They have interesting things say about every type. Things they said about the 4-5-1 type certainly resonated with me (although I think I'm 4-1-5) and gave some food for thought.

What was it like having a professional test? And did you get a some interesting insights with your description?

She did provide a number of insights above and beyond stuff I've read. Quite helpful actually. What was it like? She asks very...direct and probing questions to the point of making you a little uncomfortable. That may just be her style though.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Right. I mean, basically, there's no rhyme or reason to the organization of the data; people are just saying, "Hey, do I identify with the results if I shuffle things around <like this>? And <like this>? And <like this>?" If it's helpful to someone, that's nice.