• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Tritype] Tritype may be real after all

Richardsen

MBTI Type
IxFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm split up between 469, 468 and 479.
I think if I am a 4 is more possible the 469 or 479.
But in the other hand I have very sixish traits. In that case is much more possible the 468 because adds an intensity in 6 that makes it look like a 4.
I don't know
I buy all of this tritype stuff, explains a lot of things.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
3,6,9 damn she fine hopin she can sock it to me one mo time. Get low, Get low

KDude

True or not, it's still convoluted. I would trash it just for appearing ugly. As if wings and instinctuals weren't bad enough.

Seriously though, I guess it goes against how I look at typology in the first place. As just an outline of preferences. The Enneagram seems to want to take every facet of personality into account. It inadvertently diminishes the concept of individuality more than other systems do. And I guess some people are afraid of that. They want everything to be catalogued. Else it's chaos! You can't conveniently understand the world then. omg

Thunderbringer

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
True or not, it's still convoluted. I would trash it just for appearing ugly. As if wings and instinctuals weren't bad enough.

Seriously though, I guess it goes against how I look at typology in the first place. As just an outline of preferences. The Enneagram seems to want to take every facet of personality into account. It inadvertently diminishes the concept of individuality more than other systems do. And I guess some people are afraid of that. They want everything to be catalogued. Else it's chaos! You can't conveniently understand the world then. omg

lol true.

"I'm a sp/sx 5w6-9w1-2w3 at Level 6 whom has currently integrated to 8 but disintegrated to 7 just a few days prior."

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Yeah, it seems to lose all meaning when it gets this convoluted.

redcheerio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
E9
For me, the tritype makes more sense than the wings. I don't really have wings, my strongest three are 9-7-2, in that order.

Anyone know a good place to find descriptions of each tritype? I know what mine is, yet have never read about it. :/

I found one link, but you have to take the test first. I'm too impatient for that, I just wanna get straight to the descriptions!! :ranting: :biggrin:

Silveresque

For me, the tritype makes more sense than the wings. I don't really have wings, my strongest three are 9-7-2, in that order.

Anyone know a good place to find descriptions of each tritype? I know what mine is, yet have never read about it. :/

I found one link, but you have to take the test first. I'm too impatient for that, I just wanna get straight to the descriptions!! :ranting: :biggrin:

This is all I can find: (http://www.enneagram.net/tritype.html)

Another example would be a 9-7-2. This would be the Type 9 with a very rosy and positive outlook desiring easygoing relationships.

Unfortunately, there don't seem to be any tritype descriptions for type 9. :(

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Making a decision based on a presentation by those with a vested interest in something is clearly a good idea.

That thing looks almost as reasonable as a late-night infomercial.

redcheerio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
E9
Making a decision based on a presentation by those with a vested interest in something is clearly a good idea.

:laugh: Actually, I've been claiming 9-7-2 since before I knew tritypes existed. I mentioned it in another thread, and someone told me it sounded like a tritype, and I was like wth is that? I still haven't read the description of mine, all I know is that those are the three I test highest in.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Tritype is always real in the sense that we are all a collection of all 9 types with a certain distribution.

What' really interesting is what this implies for other systems like MBTI. Yes you are born a certain type, but you CAN develop your other functions. And you do. The more conscious you are of your resistance to SiTe as an ENFP (just as an example) the more you begin to understand it's place in your life and in that of the rest of the world for that matter.

Richardsen

MBTI Type
IxFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Any 4-5-8 here???

I'm leaning towards this type for me.... 468 could be too.

Hopelandic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
me
I'm not sure whether the concern is whether they are 'real'/'true' or not... they are all arbitrary labels. Just like trying to 'prove' cognitive functions is a waste of time because they are also arbitrary labels. The important question then, is not whether tritype is real, but whether it's meaningful.

I agree with the previous poster who said that if you expand the boundaries between things too much, things lose their significance, mainly because they lose specificity. And the more specific something is, the more we can assess whether it's right or wrong (i.e. we can identity ourselves as a type with some assurance), merely because there's a much greater margin of error. If a system is too broad, too all encompassing, basically there's something for everyone, and it loses it's meaning. A lot of bogus personality stuff is just cold reading and really vague.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i'm a 792 and i totally relate to parts of the 7 video and parts of the nine video that i watched...i haven't watched the two video yet and honestly know nothing about them...except they're supposedly helpful...or something. i really think knowing the tritype helps to make sense of all of it...i think it's cool how you can see the differences in others of your same dom type.

Tomb1

Greetings.

I take a different view of trifix than the fauvres do. Rather than model it as a linear shift from one fixation to another under stress, I think that the the drive and perspective of the main fixation is augmented by the other fixes in specific ways.

btw...If you are ever seeking to change somebody's mind about trifix, first get them to accept they have all 3 centers of intelligence. That's usually easier for people to grasp. Once they accept that, it's an easier leap for them to accept that each center favors one fixation...with one center dominant.

Little_Sticks

I listened to parts of the video and noticed all they were doing was sharing their experiences and justifying it with tritypes...hmmm...they didn't even explain any logic between these things other than to give details about how they feel they differ...

Am I missing some bigger point here?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Greetings.

I take a different view of trifix than the fauvres do. Rather than model it as a linear shift from one fixation to another under stress, I think that the the drive and perspective of the main fixation is augmented by the other fixes in specific ways.

btw...If you are ever seeking to change somebody's mind about trifix, first get them to accept they have all 3 centers of intelligence. That's usually easier for people to grasp. Once they accept that, it's an easier leap for them to accept that each center favors one fixation...with one center dominant.

I don't think they're saying that. I think that they're saying that everyone thinks, feels and acts on instinct/intuition and that some people think more, others feel more and others function more at a visceral level. it's sort of like how with MBTI an ENTJ has a stronger Te preference than Ni, but he uses both, even when not under stress.
I also agree with your theory though.

Tomb1

it's sort of like how with MBTI an ENTJ has a stronger Te preference than Ni, but he uses both, even when not under stress.

I don't think that quite gets it...

according to their view...trifix is an expression of your main fix breaking down...

"would mean you predominantly use Type 4, however, if the 4 strategies don?t work you will next use the strategies of Type 6 and then Type 8."

anastasiaromanova

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
"Tritype may be real after all"

mmm...no...actually tritype may not be real.

:)